Jessica Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jessica Jones

Here is another one that I am confused about. I did another thread asking about Agent Carter Season 3 and whether it was going to happen and the conversation seems to be that we don't think it'll happen, any time soon at least. Now, Jessica Jones was brilliant, I thought that it was better at tying it's self in, and consequently Daredevil too, to the MCU with direct references to The Hulk, Captain America, The Incident (New York) and probably even more. These references placed Jessica Jones straight into the MCU and with Daredevil season 2 giving name drops to Jessica Jones, as well as hints and references to the MCU in both series, places them both in.

The show was incredibly successful and I don't see why it there won't be a season 2, But we need an update on the (pre/post)production processes?

- Lantern Barker
    Sector 2814

Probably late 2017/early 2018 at the soonest.

Comment

I've grown to really like this show, eight episodes in. It's not Daredevil or the Flash, but still really good imo. I'm looking forward to more, and GREATLY looking forward to Power Man, Iron Fist, and Defenders.

Comment

When you're done pick up the book.
        I liked Jessica Jones, but...it doesn't hold a candle to "Alias."

Comment

Originally posted by plastroncafe View Post
          When you're done pick up the book.
          I liked Jessica Jones, but...it doesn't hold a candle to "Alias."
          I'm looking forward to it. For now I'm busy being devastated by the Bendis And Waid Daredevil (into my second volume of each). Plus I have the Brubaker DD run and Ennis Punisher coming up. So I have a LOT of great reading ahead.

Comment

On Twitter, the show runner, Melissa Rosenberg, has mentioned that season two is gearing up. I have no clue what the timeline will be, but there's at least movement. I think West had mentioned in another thread the idea of shooting the Defenders simultaneously, which I could see. It'd save them a bunch of money on shooting for JJ and Iron Fist, though it'd probably mean that we'd get shortchanged a bit on those two characters. I suppose it also depends on the amount of episodes the Defenders gets, which I don't believe have been confirmed at all.

I have a feeling Netflix is rethinking its idea for releasing a season of one of these every six months. Unless Luke Cage and Iron Fist do really, really badly, they'll almost have to change it.
            MEH

Comment

Finished the third season.

Bad season. Bad. The big bad throughout is a pudgy white guy serial killer with no superpowers. There's about 20 times when Jessica knocks him out/down and either doesn't turn him in or makes a deal with him or otherwise he just "gets away." Ridiculous. They drag it out to the second to last episode, over and over again, when Trish finally steps in and kills him after he brutally murders her mother (Jessica's adoptive mother as well).

So what does Jessica do? Instead of a high-five, she wants Trish to turn herself in for murder! And when she doesn't, Jessica snitches her identity out to the world then goes and helps apprehend her. wtf... imagine if someone slowly and brutally murdered your mom, is your brother or sister going to poo poo you for killing the killer? And this is Kilgrave neck snap McGee judging her like this. End of the show, Trish goes off to the Raft. Jessica is about to leave for Texas but then goes, "Nah!" and smiles. I guess we're supposed to ponder if she's going to start being a likable character now?

A Luke Cage scene is there near the end but it's much ado about nothing.

Comment

Working...
              X