Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes unfortunately Nintendo gamers only buy Nintendo games, which is why any other game regardless of how good it is on there systems are doomed, recently shown by Bayo 2 poor sales. I do have the Wii version but I've never played the PS3 version, kazzar mentioned that he was playing it on the previous page. Sounds like it was a good port, because I know No More Heroes wasn't, even though it had better graphics.

For the original Wii game I was impressed the Wii could do graphics like that.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

• I ended up pre ordering WWE 2k15 because I loved Sting so much that I just couldn't pass up the opportunity.

Sadly, I am canceling my preorder today. Just found out that a LARGE number of features have been cut out of the PS4 version of WWE 2K15.

Players can no longer create Divas, Arenas Belts, Finishers or give custom theme music to wrestlers. There are NO handicap features in the game, at all! Here's an extensive list for you of the creation modes that have been removed: Create a Diva, Create a Title, Create an Arena, Custom Themes, All the custom entrances, other than the guy talking on his phone and Create a Finisher.

1v1 features missing: Inferno, Ladder, I Quit, 2 out of 3 Falls, Special Referee, Casket, 3 Stages of Hell and Backstage Brawl. 2v2 features missing: Tornado Tag, Extreme Rules, Table, Mixed, Ladder, Hell in a Cell and more! They've even removed most of these from 3 person and 4 person matches, though most do feature in MyCareer.
      http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/11/...xternal,manual

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/wwe-2k1...and-ps4-395314

Comment

• Wow, that's ridiculous

Thank God I didn't buy it

Comment

• I don't play that series, but damn, I feel sorry for the people who do. It's like the devs want everybody to hate them.
          Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• http://www.xboxachievements.com/game...ection/review/

Comment

• The single player is still awesome but the MP is b.s.

I tried it for an hour and I only got in 3 matches

Comment

• Originally posted by chosenone85 View Post
                I ended up pre ordering WWE 2k15 because I loved Sting so much that I just couldn't pass up the opportunity.

Sadly, I am canceling my preorder today. Just found out that a LARGE number of features have been cut out of the PS4 version of WWE 2K15.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/11/...xternal,manual

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/wwe-2k1...and-ps4-395314
                wow thats fucking horrible
                .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• I've been hearing Ubi has been rolling out patches for Unity left and right. At least they're doing something to fix that thing.

Comment

• I don't understand why 2k would take those features out, unless they want to stick them in some DLC. WWE games usually drop price pretty quickly anyway, so maybe you guys can get it for cheap later on. I want them to make a new game altogether but looks like that will never happen.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

• They should get rid of Yuke's as the developer and bring in AKI.

Comment

• Yes that would be awesome. I can only dream of what they could make with current tech, it could be the best wrestling game ever. Until something like that happens, I'll probably never buy another wrestling game (even with Sting ). I just don't think yearly updates work for wrestling like it does for FIFA/Madden/NBA etc, real sports games, and it's been a near decade of that same game engine.

Considering they are the only wrestling game on the market you would think they would be more open to taking risks, most people are still going to buy it, because theirs no other option, so why not try something new one year.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Castle View Post
                          Considering they are the only wrestling game on the market you would think they would be more open to taking risks, most people are still going to buy it, because theirs no other option, so why not try something new one year.
                          Because they are the only wrestling game on the market, and don't have to devote the resources to trying something new, because people will still buy it.

With them apparently being cheap and gutting the features this time, we'll see if that attitude actually works for them. If they can treat it this badly and STILL make almost the same sales, expect to see more of the same going forward...

Comment

• Well as I said before on mass gamers are dumb, and parents won't care so that sounds like it will be business as usual.

I don't agree with them not trying stuff though, they used to have a series outside of the main one, RAW, Day of Reckoning, WM, Rumble Roses and of course the main SD! series which became WWE 2K yearly updates.

Basically each console Nintendo, Sony, MS had there own series, I guess at some point what Nintendo and MS wrestling fans wanted didn't matter anymore and the mindset you described set in and we can all now play the same old game, whether you like it or not.

These games were out when Yukes were pretty much the only guys doing wrestling games, like now. Since once WCW and ECW went out of business in 2001 that was it for games outside of WWE and a random Fire Pro game. I think TNA had two games, not sure who made them, but they were crap anyway.

To Yukes credit they did try something different in recent years with WWE Legends of WrestleMania but I guess it didn't sell well or was always going to be a one off.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

• Rumble Roses wasn't a wwe/wwf game.

They got rid of the other franchises I guess because they weren't selling like the smackdown series, plus each game (Raw, DOR & WM were developed by a different team at Yuke's) had their own developer and THQ was losing money and eventually went out of business.

Yuke's has used the same engine since 2000, 14 years same engine, I have a problem with that. Outside of a few minor tweeks it's the same game minus the speed of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by chosenone85 View Post
                                Rumble Roses wasn't a wwe/wwf game.

They got rid of the other franchises I guess because they weren't selling like the smackdown series, plus each game (Raw, DOR & WM were developed by a different team at Yuke's) had their own developer and THQ was losing money and eventually went out of business.

Yuke's has used the same engine since 2000, 14 years same engine, I have a problem with that. Outside of a few minor tweeks it's the same game minus the speed of the game.
                                what annoys me is they havent even changed the backstage brawls for the last few titles : smh: id give my left nut for them to reintroduce what shut your mouth and here comes the pain had in regards to backstage brawls. im glad i didnt buy 2k15 and i knew it was bad but from what you posted about next gen version thats a fucking travesty and almost criminal. theres no excuse for that for any developer
                                .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Working...
                                X