FLASHCHAT

Sector 0

Old 10-15-2020, 03:22 PM   #1
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Default Future State: Green Lantern Announced

Quote:
Justice League Family

A thread of great change runs through the Justice League heroes: a new League is built upon secret identities (even from each other), but an old and evolved enemy will use these secrets to try and overthrow the world. For the supernatural heroes of Justice League Dark, the very fabric of reality has shifted, and heroes are being hunted.

For Flash, Shazam, and the Teen Titans, it all begins when the four Riders of the Apocalypse unleash hell in a battle at Titans Academy, Barry Allen is cut off from the Speed Force, a Famine-controlled Wally West may be beyond saving, and Billy Batson makes a deal with the devil that will change Shazam forever. Off-world, John Stewart and the remaining Green Lanterns are stranded in the shadow of a dead power battery; Jackson Hyde and Andy Curry are separated across the galaxy; and Amanda Waller executes her ultimate plan with a new but terrifyingly familiar Suicide Squad on Earth-3.

At the end of time, Swamp Thing reveals its true intention, ruling supreme until a remnant of humanity launches a rebellion, and Black Adam looks to the past as the only way to save the future of the Multiverse.
Quote:
Oversized Comics:
  • Future State: Green Lantern #1-2
    • Last Lanterns, by Geoffrey Thorne and Tom Raney
    • Tales of the Green Lantern Corps, by Josie Campbell, Ryan Cady and Ernie Altbacker, with Sami Basri and Clayton Henry
Old 10-15-2020, 04:20 PM   #2
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
Another story about "the fabric of reality." And it isn't just the universe that's about be destroyed. Oh no. This time it's the whole Multiverse!

Superman or somebody should take "the fabric of reality" to a reputable dry cleaner's and be done with that problem.

Last edited by Trey Strain; 10-15-2020 at 05:40 PM.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 03:16 AM   #3
Mister Show
Corps Recruit

Guy Gardner and G’nort?

I’ll take them where I can get them at this point.
Mister Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 06:09 AM   #4
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

What is this, an ongoing thing?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 05:10 PM   #5
Mister Show
Corps Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
What is this, an ongoing thing?
Two issue mini, I believe.
Old 10-16-2020, 06:45 PM   #6
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Yes, the entire Future State event is a set of oversized anthology issues, miniseries and one shots set over two months showing possible futures. All this stuff isn't even necessarily in the same future I believe.
Old 10-16-2020, 06:47 PM   #7
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
FUTURE STATE: GREEN LANTERN #1
"The Last Lanterns" written by GEOFFREY THORNE
"The Last Lanterns" art by TOM RANEY
"The Book of Guy" written by ERNIE ALTBACKER
"The Last Lanterns" art by CLAYTON HENRY
"The Taking of Sector 123" written by RYAN CADY
"The Taking of Sector 123" art by SAMI BASRI
cover by CLAYTON HENRY
card stock variant cover by JAMAL CAMPBELL
ON SALE 1/12/21
$5.99 US | 48 PAGES | 1 OF 2 | FC | DC
CARD STOCK COVER $6.99 US

Assigned to map and contact new lifeforms past the 3,600 known sectors of space protected by the Green Lantern Corps, John Stewart and an elite team of Lanterns are trapped behind enemy lines and fighting for their lives when the Central Power Battery goes dark and leaves the entire corps defenseless.

Meanwhile, across the cosmos, Green Lantern Jessica Cruz finds herself powerless and forced to battle the invading Yellow Lanterns of the Sinestro Corps, and Guy Gardner, trapped on a distant world, decides to reopen Warriors Bar.
Old 10-16-2020, 08:23 PM   #8
JohnMc
Weaponer of Qward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Show View Post
Guy Gardner and Gínort?

Iíll take them where I can get them at this point.
Except Guy's going to be so far away from it all he might as well not be appearing.
JohnMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 10:08 PM   #9
Mister Show
Corps Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMc View Post
Except Guy's going to be so far away from it all he might as well not be appearing.
Potentially, all for the better. I wouldnít mind a story with Guy on his own since Iím not planning on following this event very closely anyway.
Old 10-17-2020, 08:50 AM   #10
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

I'm excited to see Jo brought into DC proper and to catch up with Guy. I could do without G'Nort in perpetuity, but its only a 2-month event, so I'll stomach him to get the good stuff.
Old 10-17-2020, 03:14 PM   #11
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

With everything they could've done with Green Lantern.... they give us Far Sector girl and a bunch of powerless GL's. Meanwhile, in the rest of the DCU.... new Aqua-people, new Batmen and Batgirls, multiple new Flashes, new Supermen....

Looks like disappointment will be par for the course. DC is actually attempting another Guardians of the Galaxy type team, but it's completely made up of de-powered Lanterns.
Ωmega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 03:35 PM   #12
JohnMc
Weaponer of Qward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ωmega Man View Post
With everything they could've done with Green Lantern.... they give us Far Sector girl and a bunch of powerless GL's. Meanwhile, in the rest of the DCU.... new Aqua-people, new Batmen and Batgirls, multiple new Flashes, new Supermen....

Looks like disappointment will be par for the course. DC is actually attempting another Guardians of the Galaxy type team, but it's completely made up of de-powered Lanterns.
Just remember this is clearly 5G with a different coat of paint.
JohnMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 05:32 PM   #13
jhpace1
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

Power, de-power. Power, de-power. Never learning the lessons of the past.

Every Green Lantern power battery should be made like Kyle Rayner's (used to be) - crafted from the Central Power Battery itself, good for 1,000,000,000 years on its' own, able to make rings and power batteries on its' own. This "transdimensional link from CPB to the individual batteries (and even the rings)" is a disastrous design flaw. Even Sinestro exploited it with his Sinestro Corps to shut them down remotely. And if the Alpha Lanterns had lived, each of them could have been an independent battery, recharging hundreds of Green Lanterns each day in far-off realms.

No, the writers have to de-power the GLC and the GLs, making them fight with just their fists. Sigh. I'm not looking forward to this type of story being recycled.
jhpace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 05:46 PM   #14
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhpace1 View Post
Every Green Lantern power battery should be made like Kyle Rayner's (used to be) - crafted from the Central Power Battery itself, good for 1,000,000,000 years on its' own, able to make rings and power batteries on its' own.
I dunno. I mean I think it makes sense for the Guardians to reserve the ability to cut off power to a GL that goes rogue (even though they don't seem to exercise that very much), and in order to do that they CAN'T give GLs batteries that are completely independent.
Old 10-17-2020, 09:16 PM   #15
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

The art looks good but the story is what i worry about . I havent bought a book since 2013 2014. Now do they give us more story pages or is it 8 pages of story and evreything else is filler with ads?

If you want evidence of unintelligent extraterrestrial life existing look at the Chicago mayor lori lightfoot , lori lightfoot phone home
TazzMission is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 09:36 PM   #16
Space Cop
The Dandy

The standard (DC at least) comic now costs $4 and has 20 story pages. Occasionally, an extra page or two get in (usually sacrificing the previews page at the end).
Old 10-17-2020, 09:37 PM   #17
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
The standard (DC at least) comic now costs $4 and has 20 story pages. Occasionally, an extra page or two get in (usually sacrificing the previews page at the end).
4 bucks now? Geez i think ill wait till the absolute edition

If you want evidence of unintelligent extraterrestrial life existing look at the Chicago mayor lori lightfoot , lori lightfoot phone home
TazzMission is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 11:55 PM   #18
jhpace1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I dunno. I mean I think it makes sense for the Guardians to reserve the ability to cut off power to a GL that goes rogue (even though they don't seem to exercise that very much), and in order to do that they CAN'T give GLs batteries that are completely independent.
Every time that has happened the Guardians have sent out other GLs/Manhunters/Alpha Lanterns to bring in the rogue. They never "cut off" just one power battery (they have restricted rings). It's a 100% or nothing function. Which is why I say it's flawed.
Old 10-18-2020, 02:29 AM   #19
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

It shouldn't be so easy for a GL to misuse his ring.

There also shouldn't be Corps whose function is to fight each other. There should be GREEN Lanterns. Period.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:17 PM   #20
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

And, as Grant Morrison has said, the Guardians, Oa and the CPB shouldn't be destroyed every few years.

My idea for a reboot was that Sinestro wouldn't even be a GL, let alone "the greatest." (Or is Hal "the greatest?" Or is Muhammad Ali? I forget.) That stuff wasn't even original. Geoff lifted it from the Old Testament, which says that Lucifer was the highest of the angels.

Better: Sinestro would kill Abin Sur with a yellow ring forged by the Weaponers of Qward, and steal his green ring. If I did that story, Guy would end up with Sinestro's yellow ring, besides his green ring, but he'd see no reason to tell anyone about it.

Then you'd never have all this crap about Lanterns misusing their rings, let alone entire rogue Corps.

Last edited by Trey Strain; 10-26-2020 at 11:20 PM.
Old 10-27-2020, 12:52 AM   #21
jhpace1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
My idea for a reboot was that Sinestro wouldn't even be a GL, let alone "the greatest." (Or is Hal "the greatest?" Or is Muhammad Ali? I forget.) That stuff wasn't even original. Geoff lifted it from the Old Testament, which says that Lucifer was the highest of the angels.

Better: Sinestro would kill Abin Sur with a yellow ring forged by the Weaponers of Qward, and steal his green ring. If I did that story, Guy would end up with Sinestro's yellow ring, besides his green ring, but he'd see no reason to tell anyone about it.

Then you'd never have all this crap about Lanterns misusing their rings, let alone entire rogue Corps.
Right now the only hope several older fans have are the alternate universes. Heck, the way continuity changes quarterly or annually in DCU, sometimes each GL comic book can be considered a separate universe all by itself.
Old 10-27-2020, 04:17 AM   #22
Space Cop
The Dandy

Tom Taylor's work on Injustice and DCeased really felt more like pre-Flashpoint DCU. I liked his GLs (and other characters) in those.