The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 07-19-2017, 12:24 AM   #1351
Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I
First of His Name, King of the Andals and Jägerbombs

I liked it a lot as far as set up episodes go. The opening scene with Arya killing off every member of the male Frey line was amazing. Just so satisfying to see that family name snuffed out. Speaking of which, there is a LOT of family lines ending on the show (not so much in the books where some male heirs have been allowed to linger). The show versions of the Baratheons, Martells, Freys and Tyrells are all done. I suppose someone could legitimize Gendry to keep the Baratheon name alive, but even the Starks are close to being done, unless Bran can somehow produce an heir. Jon is sure to be outed as a Targaryen shortly.
As to Sylent's question about Jon, he and/or the rest of Westeros can find out a few ways. Bran knows because he saw the events of the Tower Of Joy as a greenseer. Howland Reed, who is Meera's father, was also present at the tower and is alive awaiting an entrance to the story. Fans theorize that Littlefinger HAS to know simply because he is observant enough to put it together for himself. Jon may find some proof in the crypts with Lyanna's tomb. They have foreshadowed the SHIT out of the importance of the crypts in both the show and the books all along.
Old Today, 01:02 AM   #1352
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

I know there's been a lot of negativity about Euron being this damn awesome, but HOLY FN SHIT man, he was amazing last night. He dodged a freaking cannon shot! lol

As I was watching I just couldn't believe we actually reached a point that Dany's actions are no longer a myth to the people of Westeros. She's here and she's meeting with Lady Tyrell of all people! Its just fascinating.
Old Today, 01:35 AM   #1353

I was in fanboy heaven seeing these meetups. Even hearing them talk about each other felt surreal. Dany actually talking about Jon Snow as someone she needs to meet? Goddamn, I've been shippimg those two for years!
Old Today, 01:47 AM   #1354

I'm not crazy about the casting of Euron, but anybody who kills off the Sandsnakes of Dorne is aces in my book. God DAMN it was satisfying to see two of them die! The Dorne plot has been SO badly botched on the show I just want anyone connected with that kingdom dead and gone from the show. They extinguished all these other houses, the last of the Martell bastards need to go too. And if Ellaria and her idiot daughter are the gift Euron promised he'd bring back to Cersei, they are FUCKED. Ellaira is going to be forced to watch her daughter die, and then SHE is going to get a miserable death. Shame! Shame!

I think Yara/Asha will last a little longer, just for the Theon plotline to resolve itself.