The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics

Old 04-03-2020, 01:36 PM   #51
Space Cop
The Dandy

That's not a surprise. The logistics would've been a mess.
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 01:56 PM   #52
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Yes. I had been wondering how they were going to make the nitty gritty work.
Michael Heide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 02:01 PM   #53
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heide View Post
Yes. I had been wondering how they were going to make the nitty gritty work.
Yeah, my question was whether the app would be able to say my LCS is definitely getting 30 copies of X and 35 people could not order them. But the article brought up a lot of other potential problems.
Old 04-03-2020, 02:05 PM   #54
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

It's unfortunate that they couldn't make it work to keep a steady stream of revenue coming in because I don't think Marvel and DC are going to hold off on releasing completed books digitally indefinitely until Diamond is back up and running.
Old 04-03-2020, 02:33 PM   #55
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
It's unfortunate that they couldn't make it work to keep a steady stream of revenue coming in because I don't think Marvel and DC are going to hold off on releasing completed books digitally indefinitely until Diamond is back up and running.
Yeah, but ideal would be total stoppage.

Even under the best circumstances this solution would've been difficult. I know my LCS (and this seems true for others I go to) has pretty much just enough space for a single heavy release date. So, if they opened say June 3, the June 3 books would all go there. Maybe they could just stack all the pre-sales and grab them when the customers come in (even that would be tricky), but where are they going to put all the ones that weren't pre-sold before June 3?
Old 04-03-2020, 08:23 PM   #56
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

MARVEL COMICS 'Pausing' Work & Release of ONE-THIRD Of Its Publishing Line
Quote:
Marvel Entertainment is immediately "pausing" work on - and the release of - approximately one-third of its May and June titles, a spokesperson confirmed for Newsarama. Marvel did not provide details at this time as to which titles would be affected.

The decision to pause work on the affected titles, according to the spokesperson, is "to help spread the amount of publishing product over the coming weeks and months."

Asked when the publisher intends to resume publishing of the remaining two-thirds not affected, the Marvel spokesperson declined to answer.

Marvel has been telling creators involved with the suspended title of this decision today, and the company spokesperson re-assured Newsarama that "all talent will be paid for their work to date."

A revised schedule of releases from Marvel Comics is expected.
Old Yesterday, 09:54 PM   #57
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

DC Donates $250,000 To Charity For Comic Book Stores