No announcement yet.

Switch625's customs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my latest custom - Kingdom Come Superman! I haven't done any repainting in awhile so it was a lot of fun to do this. I've been wanting to do this guy for awhile, but always felt the old DCSH Superman mold suited the character better. For some reason, I just think the head sculpt looks older. I was lucky and scored this guy for $8 at a local comic shop. I repainted the entire costume. The blue is much darker in person. The hardest part was actually getting the gray and white hair to look right. You can't really see it, but there's a mix of gray and white there.

Aside from the S-shield, I'm very happy with how this turned out. I'm not satisfied with how the emblem applied to the chest. I really need to find a new way to do it.

Switch625
    Sinestro's Sparring Partner
    Last edited by Switch625; 09-30-2010, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Looks pretty good dude. I myself am slowly getting into repaints and customs. Do you have a photo gallery of your works?

Comment

Good work on Supes he came out looking awesome! Keep up the good work!

My collection and looking for thread have a look!http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15293

Comment

Originally posted by VeesFistOfDeath View Post
          Looks pretty good dude. I myself am slowly getting into repaints and customs. Do you have a photo gallery of your works?
          All the DCUC figures I've done are in this thread.

Comment

Good work again.

Comment

This repaint has been on the back burner for quite awhile now and I finally got around to finishing it. My main problem with the DCSH Super-figures is that they were all given a burgundy paint scheme and not red. So I fixed Supergirl here. I repainted all her burgundy parts red, replaced her chest S-shield, touched up the yellow trim on her costume and added it to her cape. I also added the yellow S-shield to her cape. I need to clean up some of the lines on the cape trim, but other than that she's done. I'm very pleased with how this one turned out.

Comment

Love it!
                I just wanna play.
                I just wanna play a game.
                One that you've never played before.
                One you'll never play again I'm sure...

Comment

Originally posted by Switch625 View Post
                  Here's the winner of that race: White Lantern Hal Jordan!

If I'd had another Sinestro, I probably would have done him first, but I don't. Even so, his Sinestro Corps/classic collar and boots have details that are not on his White Lantern uniform.

I'm sort of pleased with this one. I definitely got the look I wanted but it wasn't easy. First I primed the figure and battery with steel gray. Then I started to go over it with a metallic pearl white. I used a metallic green for my modern Hal Jordan repaint and so I wanted to stick with that look here. Unfortunately, the parts I painted then looked silver, so I decided I'd first paint the costume parts and the battery white.

Hal's White Lantern uniform is basically the same design as his Green Lantern uniform, except the green parts are now white and the black parts are now a silvery metallic white. The white paint fought me the whole way. I don't know if I got a bad bottle of paint or what, but I'm less than satisfied with it. Once I had the costume painted, I then went over the entire figure with the metallic pearl white. It made the gray parts silver and the white parts shiny white. I kept adding coats to make the silver more and more white since the uniform is essentially white on white. I also painted Hal's eyes silver to help distinguish them from the white mask.

Then I added final touch - the button badge like I did before. The pics don't really show it, but this sucker is SHINY! It's really got that heavenly glow that the White Lanterns seem to have. I'm not quite finished with it yet. There are still some minor details in the silver trim on the gloves and boots that I need to add, but this is pretty much it.

This is not my final White Lantern. I intend to follow this up with at least Superman, The Flash and Wonder Woman, whenever she gets an All-Star release.

Next up will be Hal Jordan, Hal Jordan, Hal Jordan, Hal Jordan and The Flash.

How did you make your button badge?

Comment

Originally posted by GL13 View Post
                    How did you make your button badge?
                    I bought some clear buttons from a fabric store, drew my own White Lantern logo in Illustrator, printed it out at the right size, glued it into the button and then glued the button to the figure. It was pretty easy, actually.

Comment

Here's a quick and easy mod to Green Lantern John Stewart. It really, REALLY bugged me that John Stewart and Katma Tui did not come with their power batteries. I finally got my hands on the GL 5 pack and since Mosaic John Stewart was not going to be displayed with the Green Lantern Corps, I immediately got to work. I switched the left hands of both Johns and a quick repaint later and John can finally carry his power battery. I tried the same thing with Katma Tui (who will inherit gray haired Hal's battery) and Harley Quinn (she was the only female figure with an open left hand that was the right size) but the peg on Harley's hand is too big for the socket in Katma's left arm. So that mod has been tabled for the time being.

Comment

I've been wanting to do this for awhile and finally took the time to do it. The only problem with Black Lantern Abin Sur is they gave him Amon Sur's costume by mistake. So I fixed it. I really debated whether or not to keep the light gray in the costume, but couldn't figure out how to make it work while incorporating the silver stripes on the legs, so I just repainted the costume silver. I also dry brushed some black into the face to give some depth to the recessed eyes, mouth and cheeks. I'm very happy with it.

Comment

Awesome stuff!
                          What paint do you use for the Metallic look

Comment

Thanks!

FolkArt has a line of metallic paints. I really love their products.

Comment

Originally posted by Switch625 View Post
                              Thanks!

FolkArt has a line of metallic paints. I really love their products.
                              Another question on the silver paint, coverage. I've had problems with it covering well, I've had to use multiple coats or use a base under it (the light gray actually worked pretty well) how did you do it?

Comment

Sur looks good (get it??)

http://www.twitter.com/TheOtherMarioC

Comment

Working...
                                X