This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
    ok so i watched gone girl, watched friday the 13th pt 2 and finishing up the mummy
    Which Mummy flick? Karloff? Cheney? Hammer films? Or the one with Brendan Frasier?

Comment

• Originally posted by DOOM View Post
      Which Mummy flick? Karloff? Cheney? Hammer films? Or the one with Brendan Frasier?
      the first fraiser film. the other 2 dont exist in my head
      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
        the first fraiser film. the other 2 dont exist in my head
        Really, #2 also? Most fans I know of #1 hate #3, but like #2. Personally, I think it's almost as good as the first and the addition of the Scorpion King was pretty cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          Really, #2 also? Most fans I know of #1 hate #3, but like #2. Personally, I think it's almost as good as the first and the addition of the Scorpion King was pretty cool.
          i mean it wasnt terrible but it wasnt great either. i didnt care about them having a kid or the god awful final fight in the end with that horrible cgi scorpionking/scorpion.

3 however i couldnt even finish

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
            Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
            i mean it wasnt terrible but it wasnt great either. i didnt care about them having a kid or the god awful final fight in the end with that horrible cgi scorpionking/scorpion.

3 however i couldnt even finish

LOL You both echo my thoughts completely. 2 was my favorite of them all- I loved the jungle setting, Izzy (constantly getting shot in the ass), The chase to the temple, and the resurrection of Anck-su-namun...when that came out, I saw it 3 weekends in a row. The flashback scenes to the temple were awesome, too.

But I totally agree with Tazz on the CGI Scorpion King-that was the only downside for me. I remember being surprised at how bad it was, considering Jurassic Park had done wonders quite a time before The Mummy Returns was released.

Comment

• Originally posted by DOOM View Post
              LOL You both echo my thoughts completely. 2 was my favorite of them all- I loved the jungle setting, Izzy (constantly getting shot in the ass), The chase to the temple, and the resurrection of Anck-su-namun...when that came out, I saw it 3 weekends in a row. The flashback scenes to the temple were awesome, too.

But I totally agree with Tazz on the CGI Scorpion King-that was the only downside for me. I remember being surprised at how bad it was, considering Jurassic Park had done wonders quite a time before The Mummy Returns was released.
              jp wasnt cgi i believe they were all elcetronics. i dont mind cgi as long as it is used properly where it dosent come off as cartoony or not even finished

Comment

• Scream 3 (2000)

"I hate basements."

Huh, I never noticed that Nick Cave's "Red Right Hand" is in all of the first three Screams (can't remember if it's in #4).
                Originally posted by DOOM View Post
                ...But I totally agree with Tazz on the CGI Scorpion King-that was the only downside for me. I remember being surprised at how bad it was, considering Jurassic Park had done wonders quite a time before The Mummy Returns was released.
                Yeah. I would've been fine with them just being more judicious there--maybe use a practical head and claw and only the CGI figure in shadows.

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                jp wasnt cgi i believe they were all elcetronics. i dont mind cgi as long as it is used properly where it dosent come off as cartoony or not even finished
                No. You need to watch some specials about it or read online. There's a lot of CG in JP, but there's a bunch of mechanics too (like the T-Rex anytime except when it's see full on).
                Space Cop
                The Dandy
                Last edited by Space Cop; 10-22-2014, 02:42 AM.

Comment

• TF: Age of Extinction- This wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but man, it's WAY too long! I couldn't finish it in one setting. Most reviewers and fans complained about the explosions, but I'm complaining about the needless BASS for EVERYTHING. If a building is falling down or a spaceship is hovering above, it shouldn't and doesn't produce copious amounts of "WOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM" BASS. I had to turn my subwoofer down because everything had bass in it, like a rap album from the late 80's.

Most of the new characters were mehdiocre aside from Hound, who I initially thought was Bulkhead since he's so fat. After 4 installments, why can't they give Bumblebee a freaking voice?!?

The ending was stupid, with Optimus flying off to space by himself with the seed. I thought the movie should have ended when Prime was captured by Lockdown, who was the best thing about this movie. They eased up a bit on the toilet humor, but overall, this movie was too damn long, riddled with characters I couldn't care less about (including the Dinobots) and had a stupid ending. If you haven't seen it, rent it and get it out of your system.

Comment

• Abominable (2006)

"I'm going to need a bigger knife."

Crucible of Horror (1970) [aka The Corpse]

"He spoiled everything."

A very strange movie, where you don't know what's going on. In a well-to-do English family, the wife and daughter decide to kill the abusive father (Michael Gough), but then his body keeps disappearing and reappearing. The ending does not definitively solve the mystery.
                    Space Cop
                    The Dandy
                    Last edited by Space Cop; 10-21-2014, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• Think like a Man Too - Not laugh out loud funny, but interesting enough for a couple of chuckles to yourself here and there. Kevin Hart is his typical, million words a minute, over-the-top unfunny self. He's the Black version of Jim Carrey. He should stick to stand-up comedy.

Comment

• Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992)

"We are all God's madmen."

I've seen this movie many times but only realized tonight that it has at least two nods to The Exorcist.

Comment

• That movie was sooooooooooo creepy

Comment

• The Phantom of the Opera (1989)

"Only love and music are forever."

Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
                            That movie was sooooooooooo creepy
                            Yeah. I was 12 when it came out and did not see it in theaters, but I must've seen at least part of it on HBO because I remember finding the scene where they confront Dracula as a giant man bat very scary.
                            Space Cop
                            The Dandy
                            Last edited by Space Cop; 10-22-2014, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Gone Girl

This movie lived up to the hype, for me.

It's a mash up of Disclosure, Misery and Fatal Attraction; just a movie filled with twists and turns. Rosamund Pike deserves an Oscar nomination for this role. Great stuff.

This is a movie you'll most likely want to talk to someone about after watching it.

5/5
                              Darth_Primus
                              Guardian of the Universe
                              Last edited by Darth_Primus; 10-22-2014, 04:35 PM.
                              You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Somehow I'm just now getting around to watching this, and HOLY SHIT. The subversiveness just oozes from almost everything in this movie, mostly from the Death Race color man who raves after all the kills the drivers rack up.

The movie has to go in the category of "Movies that are 10x Better Than They Have Any Right To Be".

And David Carradine is teh sex.

And I have to put this up there with Stallone's all time performances - next to First Blood, Rocky, and Demolition Man. I wish Stallone would have played asshole characters more often, he's so good at it!

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X