Send a message via Skype™ to Limelantern

That's where I got mine

Those things are all over ebay right now
Old 07-26-2009, 10:51 PM   #27
GLC2814.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderlips View Post
im getting mine with the hal figures
Shit in that! I got two sets just so I can open one and keep one, but now I can put that extra set in eBay! woohoo!
Old 07-26-2009, 10:55 PM   #28
RageofAtrocitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limelantern View Post
That's where I got mine

Those things are all over ebay right now
LOL my LCS guy has them in a bin in front of the counter STILL!
Old 07-31-2009, 04:55 AM   #29
Morph
Green Lantern

So I'm bringing this back up again. Ever since I read that online capture of the interview with Geoff Johns I've been super excited at the idea of a ring for each issue of Blackest Night.

Yesterday though, when I dropped into my LCS to pick up my stuff, I asked him about it and he didn't have a clue as to what I was talking about. Mentioned he saw nothing in the orders about it. Nothing.

So.... I guess I'm wondering can anyone confirm what John's said? Are actually getting more rings? It'd be awesome if we were, but now I'm not so sure.

Everybody who lives dies, but not everybody who dies has lived - No Fear
Morph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:15 PM   #30
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

It's not surprising that he might not know anything; my own LCS didn't order the rings, had no clue whatsoever that they would really be released, but got a load of them and started handing them out.

It might still happen, one of those sweet bonuses that DC wants to keep under wraps until you go to pick up your stuff.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:37 PM   #31
Gil Kane
Hal's Understudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by myuserid View Post
Here you go.
HeHeHe....
I'm gonna leave this up and use it at just the right time here at work.

Gil Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:53 PM   #32
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

I spoke to my LCS people and they've heard nothing about other rings.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:07 PM   #33
Knuckles
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morph View Post
So I'm bringing this back up again. Ever since I read that online capture of the interview with Geoff Johns I've been super excited at the idea of a ring for each issue of Blackest Night.

Yesterday though, when I dropped into my LCS to pick up my stuff, I asked him about it and he didn't have a clue as to what I was talking about. Mentioned he saw nothing in the orders about it. Nothing.

So.... I guess I'm wondering can anyone confirm what John's said? Are actually getting more rings? It'd be awesome if we were, but now I'm not so sure.
before BN 1 came out i asked and the guy didn't know...then the week before he said they should be gettin em
Old 08-04-2009, 10:47 PM   #34
Larfleeze92
Corps Honor Guard

well theyll probably say something around the time bn2 comes out wich is a week from tommorrow so cross your fingers
Larfleeze92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:00 PM   #35
greenlantern tobar

I hope so I go to midtown comics in nyc and so far the only ones they sell are green and black I have spoken to the owner of the store and he said that he would love to sell them all because he knows the would sell like crazy
Old 08-05-2009, 12:05 AM   #36
greenlantern tobar

All I've seen is green and black at my lcs the owner did say that he heard a rumor that the next 3 to come out were yellow red and blue I already own a metal green lantern ring but I wouldn't mind a red one idk y I jus really like the red lanterns
Old 08-05-2009, 05:46 PM   #37
RageofAtrocitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlantern tobar View Post
All I've seen is green and black at my lcs the owner did say that he heard a rumor that the next 3 to come out were yellow red and blue I already own a metal green lantern ring but I wouldn't mind a red one idk y I jus really like the red lanterns

Maybe your heart is filled with Rage, or you like the throwing up blood prospect, or maybe because they look so Bad-ass or maybe because their symbol is cool... Either way, yes sir the Red Lanterns are indeed great!
Old 08-06-2009, 05:42 PM   #38
FlashGL78

So what, if any, rings are coming out next week with BN #2?
Old 08-06-2009, 05:53 PM   #39
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

My LCS doesn't expect any rings to ship.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #40
RageofAtrocitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
My LCS doesn't expect any rings to ship.
It wouldve come out by now if there were more Rings to come... We knew about the black rings like two weeks before..
Old 08-06-2009, 07:12 PM   #41
Willpower
The Gunslinger

my LCS acted like he knew all about it. Said there will be one with each issue. Hmm.

Say cheese!
Willpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:56 PM   #42
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willpower View Post
my LCS acted like he knew all about it. Said there will be one with each issue. Hmm.
I'm surprised. My understanding is that you have to order them, even though they are free.

The guy at my LCS knew all about the Black rings, but assures me that, if there WAS a ring coming with the next few issues, he would HAVE to know already, since they would have been on the order forms. He maintains that there are NOT. If one shows up, I will have to trust that he will save me one, I guess.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:27 PM   #43
Aberration
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

I'd be very surprised if they make giveaway rings for all 8 corps (not saying it's impossible though). That kinda screws over DC Direct with their JLA Trophy Room ring set, because given the choice, most people would prefer the cheaper option of obtaining all of the rings. And as people have already said, if anything was happening for Blackest Night #2, it probably would've leaked by now.

Still, the SDCC Hal Jordan figures show that molds exist for five other rings, so there may be a chance that those may come out again, unless those molds were destroyed for some reason.
Aberration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:36 PM   #44
Willpower
The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I'm surprised. My understanding is that you have to order them, even though they are free.

The guy at my LCS knew all about the Black rings, but assures me that, if there WAS a ring coming with the next few issues, he would HAVE to know already, since they would have been on the order forms. He maintains that there are NOT. If one shows up, I will have to trust that he will save me one, I guess.
Well, he said if they order 50 issues, they get a bag of 50 rings; if they order 75, the get a bag of 75 rings, etc. But if no one else's LCS knows about it, I wonder if he was just assuming or what. Guess we'll see.

Say cheese!
Willpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:32 PM   #45
Larfleeze92
Corps Honor Guard

i think releasing new rings with every new issue of bn is the only right way to do it the numbers work perfectly 8 rings 8 issues.
Larfleeze92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:38 PM   #46
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larfleeze92 View Post
i think releasing new rings with every new issue of bn is the only right way to do it the numbers work perfectly 8 rings 8 issues.
Those numbers work well, but I can't imagine the financial numbers work too well. I would assume that the first ring was an incentive to get people to try the first issue. From there I think they are relying on interest in the series to sell it. (Certainly a lot cheaper than giving out free rings with every issue.)
Old 08-06-2009, 09:42 PM   #47
greenlantern tobar

I spoke to a friend at midtown comics he said that there's a good chance that with bn2 there will be a new ring
He could just be leading me on so that I buy bn2 there but I doubt it bc he always sees me there and I've spent massive amounts of money there so he knows ima by bn2 there I really hope they have new rings
Old 08-07-2009, 12:56 AM   #48
FlashGL78

My LCS said they know nothing about new rings yet but they will order if they become available.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:55 PM   #49
Tach
Corpse Trainee

Rumor starts up again of a-ring-an-issue for Blackest Night on another board I frequent. I'm personally keeping fingers crossed. My LCS was giving out 1 ring per complete sale of BN and whatever tie-in was sold during that week of release.

I'm going to try and talk him in to throwing and extra or two into my bag, since I've been going there for decades now.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:29 AM   #50
Godmera
Champion of the World

Send a message via AIM to Godmera Send a message via Yahoo to Godmera

I want more rings!!!!
Godmera is offline   Reply With Quote