The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Action Figures & Toys
FLASHCHAT

Action Figures and Toys

Old 08-18-2010, 01:03 PM   #76
SD80MAC
Not a True Fan

Here's my review, of sorts. With plenty of pics!

http://indigotribe.wordpress.com/201...-pvc-ring-set/
Old 08-18-2010, 07:33 PM   #77
Aberration
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD80MAC View Post
Here's my review, of sorts. With plenty of pics!

http://indigotribe.wordpress.com/201...-pvc-ring-set/
Sorry to hear that you broke your rings too because of those wrong instructions. (In hindsight, it makes sense... "Lefty loosey, right tighty" and all that.) I've got a mind to call DC Direct and ask for a replacement, since that misprint caused this, we'll see if it works.
Aberration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:43 PM   #78
SD80MAC
Not a True Fan

Fortunately, it only happened to one ring before I learned my lesson, and it's not really broken. Just a bit more worn than it should be, but the point still stands.

Let me know if you have any luck with DC Direct!
Old 08-20-2010, 12:28 AM   #79
Aberration

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD80MAC View Post
Fortunately, it only happened to one ring before I learned my lesson, and it's not really broken. Just a bit more worn than it should be, but the point still stands.

Let me know if you have any luck with DC Direct!
No luck with DC Direct... there's no way for a customer to reach them or Diamond, I've been told I need to take this up with the retailer I bought the set from. In my case, that means paying to ship my set back to the website, have them go through Diamond to get a replacement, and then I'd pay to ship the new set back to me, which is more of a hassle than I need.

It's a bit puzzling to me that there's no direct line to the manufacturer in this day and age, especially when it's regarding a defect in their product, but I'm sure plenty of people here have said this about DC Direct before... Oh well, the ring's still in one piece and working, that's the important thing.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:51 AM   #80
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

did you try this?

Diamond Comic Distributors, Inc.
1966 Greenspring Drive, Suite 300
Timonium, MD 21093
Phone: (800) 45-COMIC * (410) 560-7100
Old 08-20-2010, 02:09 PM   #81
Aberration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
did you try this?

Diamond Comic Distributors, Inc.
1966 Greenspring Drive, Suite 300
Timonium, MD 21093
Phone: (800) 45-COMIC * (410) 560-7100
I did, they said that they won't deal with consumers directly, that I had to take things up with the retailer, then the retailer can call Diamond, etc.

If I had bought the set at a local shop, I might try this, but since I bought online, that adds extra steps that I'd rather not go through. I appreciate you trying to help though
Old 08-20-2010, 04:06 PM   #82
twoeightonefour
Weaponer of Qward

I got my set and I love them. The adjustments for the LED makes them seem more metallic if that makes sense. I plan to nab a Shadow Box the size of product box and hang these on the wall. I like that the Orange is more muted, the blue is more teal and the Indigo is actually that.

Old 08-20-2010, 06:08 PM   #83
TorchBearer2814
Corps Honor Guard

is anyone having the problem with the ring not staying on while on ur finger? like the button on some of my rings are really loose and i have smaller fingers than some people.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:19 PM   #84
SD80MAC
Not a True Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchBearer2814 View Post
is anyone having the problem with the ring not staying on while on ur finger? like the button on some of my rings are really loose and i have smaller fingers than some people.
That's due to the poor quality switch. Smaller fingers don't help, but you can't place all of the blame on yourself.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:12 PM   #85
gl2814h
Hal's Understudy

Thin small fingers are probably the biggest fault. I have small fingers and I can only get the ring to light up if I push or pull on it. A friend of mine has thick fingers and the rings work fine on him.
gl2814h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 03:00 AM   #86
Jack T. Chance
Really knows where his towel is!

Location: The Planet Garnet, AKA "Hellhole", Space Sector 0017
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
Sorry to hear that you broke your rings too because of those wrong instructions. (In hindsight, it makes sense... "Lefty loosey, right tighty" and all that.) I've got a mind to call DC Direct and ask for a replacement, since that misprint caused this, we'll see if it works.
Quote:
No luck with DC Direct... there's no way for a customer to reach them or Diamond, I've been told I need to take this up with the retailer I bought the set from. In my case, that means paying to ship my set back to the website, have them go through Diamond to get a replacement, and then I'd pay to ship the new set back to me, which is more of a hassle than I need.

It's a bit puzzling to me that there's no direct line to the manufacturer in this day and age, especially when it's regarding a defect in their product, but I'm sure plenty of people here have said this about DC Direct before... Oh well, the ring's still in one piece and working, that's the important thing.
Quote:
I did, they said that they won't deal with consumers directly, that I had to take things up with the retailer, then the retailer can call Diamond, etc.

If I had bought the set at a local shop, I might try this, but since I bought online, that adds extra steps that I'd rather not go through. I appreciate you trying to help though
From DC Direct's FAQ on their website:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Direct
How Can I Replace Or Fix A Broken Product?

You can bring the item back to the retailer that you purchased it from, so they can take up the matter with the Diamond Distributors customer service representative. DC Direct is not equipped to respond to requests to repair broken items or ship replacement parts.
I know that sucks, but it's right there in black & white on their website.

...however... I did notice the following pieces of info on the bottom flap of the box the rings come in:
Quote:
DC COMICS, 1700 BROADWAY, NEW YORK, NY 10019

PLEASE RETAIN THIS ADDRESS FOR YOUR RECORDS:
DIAMOND COMIC DISTRIBUTORS RUNCORN WAREHOUSE
CANALSIDE, WARRINGTON ROAD
MANOR PARK, RUNCORN
WA7 1SN
UNITED KINGDOM
I've been in retail and customer service for 21 years now... possibly longer than some of you have been alive... or at least members of the work force. And take my word for it, from 21 years of personal experience, that in this day & age of toll-free telephone numbers, nearly instantaneous e-mail communications, and live, online chats with Customer Service Reps, you are STILL far more likely to get a company's attention, and get a reply from them to try to resolve your issue, if you send them a good, old-fashioned LETTER, sent via traditional "snail mail".

So take the time to WRITE to both DC Comics and Diamond's Warehouse. Maybe, just maybe, you MIGHT get the response you're looking for.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:03 AM   #87
gl2814h
Hal's Understudy

Quote:

I just noticed you had an issue with your orange ring. I am sorry to hear the ring broke. I will call Diamond Monday and see what I can do to get a replacement for you. Diamond normally only gives 48 hours for retailers to call in missing/damaged items but it never hurts to try.
gl2814h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 01:06 PM   #88
BatmanBatmobile

Question Will DC Sell the GL Rings *individually*

I wonder if DC will sell the GL Rings individually (versus the whole set), does anyone know?

I found this guy, looks like he modded the 'old' Blackest night DC ring with an LED...pretty cool

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT

-J.B. Malik
Old 08-22-2010, 07:05 PM   #89
Jack T. Chance
Really knows where his towel is!

Location: The Planet Garnet, AKA "Hellhole", Space Sector 0017
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanBatmobile View Post
I wonder if DC will sell the GL Rings individually (versus the whole set), does anyone know?
Yes, but you will be buying each ring in a set where it comes packaged with a miniature (1:4 scale) light-up replica of its matching power battery, and a translucent display stand to hold both. Looks like this...

The MSRP for each of these mini-battery and light-up ring sets will be $35 US. Usually, the best pre-order price to be found is at Discount Comic Book Service, where you can get it for 32% off of the MSRP, which would still be $23.80. That's pretty expensive just to get a light-up ring and an action figure/statue sized light-up power battery, and a clear plastic display stand to put them on. But if you really only want the ONE light-up ring, it's a way to go.
Quote:
I found this guy, looks like he modded the 'old' Blackest night DC ring with an LED...pretty cool

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT

-J.B. Malik
The other day, there was a seller on the 'Bay that had opened up a set, and split it up, selling each ring individually. So, there's that option, as well... even though I personally think it's RETARDED for the seller to do that, and for anyone to buy them that way.

Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 08-22-2010 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Corrected inaccurate pricing.
Jack T. Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:52 PM   #90
BatmanBatmobile

Jack this is OFF THE HOOK, thanks for alerting me to that. Now, I assume they (DC Direct) are releasing all the colors slooowwly, one at a time (the one you showed above is avail April 2011), and the green will come much later, right? FYI The dc direct link is here:
http://www.dccomics.com/dcdirect/?dc...JUST+ANNOUNCED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
Yes, but you will be buying each ring in a set where it comes packaged with a miniature (1:4 scale) light-up replica of its matching power battery, and a translucent display stand to hold both. Looks like this...

The MSRP for each of these mini-battery and light-up ring sets will be $35 US. Usually, the best pre-order price to be found is at Discount Comic Book Service, where you can get it for 32% off of the MSRP, which would still be $23.80. That's pretty expensive just to get a light-up ring and an action figure/statue sized light-up power battery, and a clear plastic display stand to put them on. But if you really only want the ONE light-up ring, it's a way to go. The other day, there was a seller on the 'Bay that had opened up a set, and split it up, selling each ring individually. So, there's that option, as well... even though I personally think it's RETARDED for the seller to do that, and for anyone to buy them that way.
I think people are picking up the whole set cuz they want just the green lantern ring for a costume, and they figure by hocking off the rest of the set, they can make up for the price they paid for the *full* set, thus getting the green ring for 'free' (or nearly free).
Old 08-23-2010, 10:21 PM   #91
stoat2337
Corps Honor Guard

I just want them all. I think they're purdy.
One you'll never play again I'm sure...
stoat2337 is offline   Reply With Quote