The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics

Old 02-22-2020, 04:01 AM   #151
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Old 02-22-2020, 05:11 AM   #152
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Whaaaaat
Michael Heide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 11:35 AM   #153
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I thought that cover was some fan homage when I saw it. This is really happening?!?
Old 02-22-2020, 03:35 PM   #154
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Yea, seems Gaiman signed off on it to some extend as Hill thanked him for inviting them to play in his "house of dreams".
Old 04-20-2020, 03:20 PM   #155
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

From Joe Hill's newsletter:

Quote:
5. The comic business is in the crapper until we get to the other side of the plague days... but while everything is on hold, we're piling up new stories. When the virus season is behind us, I guess you'll have plenty to read.

Gabriel Rodriguez has already polished off the cover and the first five pages of our new Locke & Key story. "In Pale Battalions Go" is a two-parter and sets up the Locke & Key/Sandman Universe crossover. It's also a key storyline in World War Key 0: The Golden Age, the book Gabe and I put together in spare moments over the last decade (Some of the other Golden Age stories include "Open The Moon" and "Small World").

I was a little anxious about returning to Keyhouse for a real, no-bullshit, ongoing storyline. Then I got going and the story took off. The first issue was the easiest, most frictionless writing I've done all year (I haven't started the second issue yet, so no idea how I'll do with the dismount). I guess I'm more comfortable writing tales set in this world than I am doing any other kind of make-believe, and maybe that's no surprise. I've lived in Lovecraft, Massachusetts for almost 15 years now. I know the territory.

6. I spent a lot of 2019 working on screenplays and throwing myself into the business of being a full-time comic book writer. For a while there I was carrying four at once: Dying is Easy, Basketful of Heads, Plunge, and Sea Dogs. I'm glad for the experience. I always wanted to go all-in on comics for a while, immerse myself in the form, the way Brian K. Vaughan or Matt Fraction or Warren Ellis are immersed in it. I feel like it worked a set of muscles that needed working. It re-tuned all my ideas about pacing in the best possible way.

But here in 2020 I've made new rules for myself. I'm just going to script one comic at a time and it's only half of my daily writing. I've got a novel to work on (and it's sizzlin'!). I've promised the book the other half of my work day. I'm saying no to everything else, at least until December: no introductions, no short stories, no film or TV work outside of whatever I can do for the Locke & Key team. I'm doing digital appearances to support indie bookstores and comic shops during a tough time, but that's in no way as energy consuming as appearing at a convention (and if the conventions do get going again, I'll try and hold live appearances to a frugal minimum).

With all that in mind, Locke & Key is my only comic project between now and the end of June, moving from "Pale Battalions" straight into the Sandman Crossover. After that, I've made promises to D.C. to work on this other thing in July and August. And then in September Gabe and I are going to tackle an original that we've been discussing since at least 2012.That ought to be enough to scratch my comic book itch, while still allowing the novel plenty of breathing room

No plan survives first encounter with the enemy and all that, but at least I have a strategy, which is better than no plan at all. Right?
Old 04-22-2020, 02:47 AM   #156
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I've been following every scrap of Locke And Key news since the WWK project got going. It will be cool to see enough material on the old Locke family tales to finally fill up a hardcover volume. Over The Moon, Small World, Grindhouse, Dog Days, In Pale Batallions Go 1 and 2, and To Hell And Gone 1 - 3. That's 9 issues right there, plenty to fill that volume. I'm pretty sure Hill has said the Sandman crossover is going to wrap up the Chamberlain Locke family stories.

Hill also announced that IDW is doing a Locke and Key omnibus this year which will contain all 37 issues of the main L&K story. I've seen both the front and back covers that Gabe has done, both colored already, and they are gorgeous. I'm sure I will buy it, which will be a quadruple dip for me.

Then next year World War Key starts up for real with the first 6 or so issue mini series, titled World War Key: Revolution. Hill said it will be 6 or 7 volumes like the main story was, so this will take a few years to get out as they seem to do about 6 issues a year when they are chugging along. The second mini series is supposed to be called Resurrection but that's a ways off.