The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics

Old 12-25-2017, 05:18 PM   #1
-//V\\-
Guardian of the Universe

Question Should Bronze Tiger Get A Push?!

His last appearances under the pen of Tom King over in Batman were enjoyable. Anybody else a fan of his time in Suicide Squad or the Justice League spinoffs? I think if diversity is something DC is really looking to push, this character is an obvious choice. And with the Black Panther movie out in theaters soon, it makes sense for DC to push a similar character. He's one of the top five fighters in the world and has bested Batman. He has ties to both the Suicide Squad AND the Justice League. And in the past he's dated Vixen and Gypsy.

How this guy hasn't already been pushed is beyond me. Here's hoping though. What's everybody else's thoughts/opinions?

~//V\\~

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world." - Albert Einstein
-//V\\- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 07:33 PM   #2
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I'm a big mark for Ostrander's Suicide Squad, an always liked Bronze Tiger. I agree, with the interest level for diversity in comics at an all time high, why is Bronze Tiger NOT being used? I'd like to see it.
Old 12-26-2017, 11:55 PM   #3
-//V\\-
Guardian of the Universe

At the very least the character should be featured in Suicide Squad 2 or more prominently in Arrow. If Tom King got to write the character I'd buy the comics twice monthly.

~//V\\~

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world." - Albert Einstein
Old 12-27-2017, 05:49 AM   #4
Star-Lantern
Green Lantern Initiate

I've never been all that interested in the character, but I do think it's odd that he isn't featured in any of DC's recent Suicide Squad endeavors. At least not that I have seen. Using him would be a lot smarter than turning Deadshot black, which I don't really count as "real" diversity, or at least not worthwhile diversity, since the character is white in the great majority of media he appears in, and after the Suicide Squad film(s) lose relevancy as the years go on, the character will probably just go back to being white all the time. A character that's only black 10 or so percent of the time (or less) really doesn't mean much. Plus, cherry picking white characters like that and presenting them as another ethnicity is just overall dumb, and bound to cause problems, and get some people to bemoan diversity in general, because it's taking something they're familiar with, and have some kind of relationship with and altering it to something else.

Last edited by Star-Lantern; 12-27-2017 at 05:53 AM.
Star-Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 07:47 AM   #5
-//V\\-
Guardian of the Universe

I remember when Smith signed on to play in Suicide Squad and thinking he'd be Bronze Tiger. Then he played Deadshot and still said shit in Will Smith fashion like "Let's go save the world.."

Michael Jai White killed it in Arrow but they make him more of a badguy and hired mercenary.

~//V\\~

Old 12-27-2017, 02:15 PM   #6
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by -//V\\- View Post
Michael Jai White killed it in Arrow but they make him more of a badguy and hired mercenary. . .
White played Tiger in Arrow? I'll have to look up some clips. He's great at intimidating tough guys.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:55 PM   #7
-//V\\-
Guardian of the Universe

Yeah he was awesome. Just a little more villainous is all...

~//V\\~

Old 12-28-2017, 12:24 AM   #8
Space Cop
The Dandy

^There was a four-minute compilation of his first appearance on Youtube. It was very bad-guy MJW, but that's cool.
Old 12-29-2017, 04:29 PM   #9
-//V\\-
Guardian of the Universe

He did very well, and later on when he was used in their Suicide Squad it was a little more anti-hero than straight up merc. It'd be sweet to see him have a redemption arc in Arrow or one of the shows.

I'm still wondering if they'll ever have a Crisis before 2024 like the Flash suggests. It'd be great to have everybody on the same Earth in those shows.

~//V\\~

Old 12-29-2017, 06:05 PM   #10
Space Cop
The Dandy

^I have to admit that it didn't sell me on trying Arrow, though. That Christian-Bale-Batman-style secret, deep voice for Ollie would wear on me real, real quick.
Old 12-29-2017, 07:29 PM   #11
-//V\\-
Guardian of the Universe

I mostly just watch those shows to see what other characters they introduce. I'm still in awe they used my boy Ragman as long as they did, and Diggle/Spartan and Mr. Terrific are favorites as well. I'm a bit sad that Citizen Steel and the Ray both have horrible costumes on Legends.

~//V\\~

Old 12-29-2017, 09:49 PM   #12
Space Cop
The Dandy

It's good Speedy is in it (I'm sure they don't call Roy that, but still).
Old 01-02-2018, 02:13 AM   #13
-//V\\-
Guardian of the Universe

I think 'Tiger has as much or more going for him than Cyborg, yet Cyborg has got his own mini series [before the new52] and two shots at an ongoing title that have dwindled away to barely 13k in sales.

~//V\\~