No announcement yet.

The Kaiju thread (Godzilla and friends)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^I'm excited for it. I want to save it to watch with the fam (because they go to GFest and have seen every G film), but if I can't wait for them, I'll see it soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
      Well, it looks like the Anime movie hits next week (Jan. 17) on Netflix.

Godzilla Anime: Release Date and Trailer for Planet of the Monsters

seen it last night, f'ing loved it, can't wait til part 2 and 3 comes out

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• I saw the first part of the Netflix Godzilla series over the weekend, and I liked it. It really had that good scifi story telling element to it. I mean, the premise and plot of the film presented really great concepts and a different spin on the franchise.

However, I feel the folks that didn't like the 2014 movie version of Godzilla won't like this film due to the lack of Godzilla.
        You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post

Oh yeah. I'm actually open to this movie now that the Skull Island movie worked out as well as it did.

Comment

• Did they skip "Godzilla King of Monsters?" That's suppose to come out in 2019.
              You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                Did they skip "Godzilla King of Monsters?" That's suppose to come out in 2019.
                Nah, there's been promo stuff for that too.

Comment

• MOTHRA!!!

I wonder if the film will include the tiny twins with Mothra. To me, they're part of Mothra's mythos. I remember Mothra's kids getting revenge on Godzilla.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                    MOTHRA!!!

I wonder if the film will include the tiny twins with Mothra. To me, they're part of Mothra's mythos. . .
                    Yeah, they were a big part of me getting into the films as a kid; something about the idea of a giant monster being led by two fairies who fit in a shoe box was just fun.

Space Cop
                    The Dandy
                    Last edited by Space Cop; 01-23-2018, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• So, I watched Planet of Monsters (anime movie #1) last night. I didn't love it, but I enjoyed it. The animation was pretty decent and I liked the design on the big G. The basic story reminded me of Battlestar Galactica, which was cool.

Comment

• Saw Rampage today. I liked, but didn't love it. It hit most of the marks and was fun. The destruction scenes (especially Chicago) were really good and the mercs hunting Ralph and getting hunted was actually spooky. As far as plot, acting, and dialogue it was middle of the road.

Comment

• But, dude....

Megacroc.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                              But, dude....

Megacroc.......

Lizzie (that's the arcade name, though I don't recall them using it) seemed significantly bigger and tougher than the others.

The audience I saw it with [spoilers] laughed out loud when George ate the evil sister.

Don't get me wrong. I liked the movie and I'll probably get it some day just because I'm a fan of the arcade game and kaiju.

Comment

• This is the news I've been waiting for!

Toho Planning Godzilla Cinematic Universe

The studio responsible for creating Godzilla is planning to build a new shared cinematic universe around the monster. Toho will reportedly not be shooting a sequel to their smash-hit Shin Godzilla (also known as Godzilla Resurgence in the US), but following 2020's release of Godzilla vs. Kong, they hope to place the King of the Monsters and his fellow Kaiju in a whole new world of possibilities.

Toho is the Japanese film and theater company that was founded in the 1930's, being most famous for distributing Godzilla and the many Kaiju movies that have been made. The original film was released in 1954 and was famously a metaphor for weapons of mass destruction. Since then the huge lizard has appeared in 29 films produced by the company, as well as other iconic creations like Rodan and Mothra. The studio entered into an agreement with Legendary Pictures which led to Gareth Edward's successful 2014 version of Godzilla. It also led to the birth of the Monsterverse, which included Kong: Skull Island. This laid the groundwork for the much-anticipated forthcoming sequels Godzilla: King of the Monsters and Godzilla vs. Kong, which will include King Ghidorah and other Toho monsters in conflict.
                                The last Toho monster film was Shin Godzilla. Released in Japan in 2016, it became the highest-grossing live-action Japanese film of that year, but the sequel was held back because of the US Monsterverse deal. However, after 2021 the studio will once again be able to film their own versions of the iconic creatures. According to the Japanese publication Nikkei Style (via Godzilla-Movies), they have some big plans for their creations. Toho executive Keiji Ota stated that the studio will be releasing a new Godzilla movie every 1-2 years. Not only that, but they're basing their new films on the MCU . . .[cont. in article.]

Comment

Working...
                                X