Absolute Sinestro Corps War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know, so I ask here

I've got the trade collections of the sinestro corps war 1, 2 and the "tales of..." issue. Why should I buy the story again?

Is it just for the quality of the book, paper or format?

I mean, I love to read the stories but I ask myself if I have to own it several times or if it wouldn't be better to invest the money in GL stuff I haven't read yet... hmm...

Comment

You shouldn't buy it; you've already got the entire story.
      The last fan of 1990s comics
      Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
        The one-shots were necessary, especially the Parallax one.
        Not really

Comment

How many one shots were there? It doesn't seem like it would've added that much volume to the book to include them.

Comment

The Secret Files was pretty good.

Id've have included the specials for completness' sake, if nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
              The one-shots were necessary, especially the Parallax one.
              Not really.

It doesn't take anything away from the story not to read them.

Comment

wouldve been cool 2 years ago imo.

im going to pass
                .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

i say if your like me and you've got both the comics and the TBP(s) you really don't need this so called "Absolute" edition of the Sin. Corps war

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                    i say if your like me and you've got both the comics and the TBP(s) you really don't need this so called "Absolute" edition of the Sin. Corps war
                    agreed and didnt they do the same for gl rebirth and it was priced at like 80 bucks?

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                      agreed and didnt they do the same for gl rebirth and it was priced at like 80 bucks?
                      yeah, sure it had a kicka$$ new cover, BUT NOTHING ELSE WAS "NEW" ABOUT IT

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

and for 80 bucks all you get is a new cover. talk about a major scam because everything else is basicly what everyone has.

ive stated this before and i guess ill do it again.

when it comes to major events such as sinestro corps war, blackest night, brightest day why not just make them hard covers instead of single issues?

blackest night had what 75 76 tie ins?

and brightest day had how many tie ins?

why not just package everything together in one thing name a fair price around 50 bucks and save the trouble of doing single issues every month for that specific event?

Comment

Maybe because it's better for them to offer three (cheaper) books because the chance that someone buys one, two or all three is bigger then when they just offer one big book which costs 50-80$

Comment

Originally posted by Whitey View Post
                            Maybe because it's better for them to offer three (cheaper) books because the chance that someone buys one, two or all three is bigger then when they just offer one big book which costs 50-80$
                            but like i said before. bn had 75 tie ins all together and imo it shouldve been a gl book and not a every dc charachter arch. you understand what im saying?

i mean really would you invest in 75 tie ins for a series thats what 8 issues all together for the main plot?

Comment

mine had a nice sketch from EVS and is now signed by Johns too

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                                but like i said before. bn had 75 tie ins all together and imo it shouldve been a gl book and not a every dc charachter arch. you understand what im saying?

i mean really would you invest in 75 tie ins for a series thats what 8 issues all together for the main plot?
                                Hehe I'm not sure if I understand what you mean (maybe because of my english), but there's the BN-Main-TPB issue which contains all the tie ins (I haven't read it, though it's in my shelf ) and the TPB which contains the GL Storyline. I think I'm collecting comics not long enough to judge this, but It would have really sucked if they hadn't released the GL-Blackest Night issues under the GL or GLC "sign". As a GL Fan I would have wanted only the GL Books, not all the other stuff.

But I think we're talking about a different story here, because the topic is about the re-release of issues that can be bought in various versions, aren't we?

Comment

Working...
                                X