Will break before he bends

I'm in

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 11:23 PM   #1454
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

SUPERGIRL LANDS ON MONDAYS
Quote:
We are thrilled to have SUPERGIRL on The CW this fall, joining our popular roster of DC heroes. Plus, we have three new series lined up for next season that perfectly fit our brand, with the smart, charming comedy NO TOMORROW and the high-stakes drama FREQUENCY this fall, and the subversive take on small-town life, RIVERDALE, at midseason. With these four new series added to the strongest, most competitive schedule we have ever had, The CW just keeps getting better.

THE CW’S 2016-17 PRIMETIME SCHEDULE

MONDAY
  • 8:00-9:00 PM SUPERGIRL (New Network)
  • 9:00-10:00 PM JANE THE VIRGIN

TUESDAY
  • 8:00-9:00 PM THE FLASH
  • 9:00-10:00 PM NO TOMORROW (New Series)

WEDNESDAY
  • 8:00-9:00 PM ARROW
  • 9:00-10:00 PM FREQUENCY (New Series)

THURSDAY
  • 8:00-9:00 PM DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW
  • 9:00-10:00 PM SUPERNATURAL (New Night)

FRIDAY
  • 8:00-9:00 PM THE VAMPIRE DIARIES
  • 9:00-10:00 PM CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND (New Night)

As previously announced, Riverdale will be have a midseason debut, and iZombie will return in the Spring 2017.
CW Chief Talks Big DC Crossover Plan, ‘Supergirl’ Move, ‘Vampire Diaries’ Fate
Quote:
Get ready, DC Comics fans — CW is planning an epic four-show crossover event in the fall.

Now that “Supergirl” has moved into CW’s turf, the network has a four stack of DC-branded heroes on its air this fall, with Kara Zor-El’s adventures joining “The Flash,” “Arrow” and “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.”

CW president Mark Pedowitz wouldn’t divulge any details other than to promise that planning is under way. In a conference call with reporters Thursday in advance of the network’s upfront presentation, Pedowitz expressed his confidence that producers, led by uber-exec producer Greg Berlanti, will ensure that “our annual crossover event this fall (will) be the biggest one ever.”

Pedowitz also joked about the potential for “Supergirl” to interact with her Monday night neighbor “Jane the Virgin.” “Just imagine what our superhero crossover episodes are going to look like come December,” he said.

Pedowitz said the discussions with CBS and Warner Bros. TV about moving “Supergirl” from CBS for its second season only began about a week and a half ago. He asserted that the CW is “where it should have been in the first place.” CW is projecting that “Supergirl” will be among its top three most-watched series, as it will bring some viewers along from CBS while reaching much deeper into the CW’s younger demos.

As for creative changes to the show with the move, Pedowitz said there wasn’t much of a new mandate for producers. With the show moving production to Vancouver to shave off some of the production budget, there was speculation that Calista Flockhart would not continue in her supporting role.

“I don’t think (the move) will have a major effect on how they actualize what they do,” he said. Pedowitz said discussions were in progress with Flockhart, who wants to continue with the series.

Pedowitz was also pressed on the status of “The Vampire Diaries,” which is heading into its eighth season. Pedowitz said there was no decision yet on whether the next go-round will be the last for the workhorse supernatural drama, nor has there been a decision on the number of episodes for season eight. “We’ll see how the audience reacts,” he said.

And it wouldn’t be a CW newser without Pedowitz facing the eternal question: wither a “Supernatural” spinoff? Pedowitz said there was nothing on the horizon at present but with a caveat that is sure to keep hope alive for the super-fans: “We’re open to listening,” he said.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:27 AM   #1455
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

So in next season of Legends, they'll be teaming up with the JSA and Heat Wave sent Hourman back in time to stop the team from dying for some reason.

Also, the Hawks are gone THANK GOD.

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 12:24 PM   #1456
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Legends of Tomorrow's version of time travel is getting dumber and dumber. I mean, this week they made it clear that it was "too late" for Rip to save his family, and they also had to split the team so they could take down Savage in three different time periods "at the same time". How does that make ANY sense? Any sense at ALL? They've got a friggin' time machine...
Old 05-20-2016, 01:34 PM   #1457
"Chosen"
NOT his black friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Legends of Tomorrow's version of time travel is getting dumber and dumber. I mean, this week they made it clear that it was "too late" for Rip to save his family, and they also had to split the team so they could take down Savage in three different time periods "at the same time". How does that make ANY sense? Any sense at ALL? They've got a friggin' time machine...
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
"Chosen" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 01:45 PM   #1458
buffalorock
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

That's one of my beefs with time travel. You can make up your own set of rules, just adhere to them, just like with what kills vampires or whatever. I hate when the science contradicts itself.

All that said, it was a decent finale, I'll tune in again next year. I seem to rarely catch it the day it comes out anyways and have to watch it from the CW website.
buffalorock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 02:37 PM   #1459
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltiC5-27 View Post
wow, that has to be the most BORING company stamp they've ever come up with; the current Dairy Queen -stamp is leagues better that this thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
I miss the stars.

QFT

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 03:00 PM   #1460
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster Beetle View Post
So in next season of Legends, they'll be teaming up with the JSA and Heat Wave sent Hourman back in time to stop the team from dying for some reason.

Also, the Hawks are gone THANK GOD.
I was wondering who that guy was at the end of the episode, as I'm not familiar with that character at all.

Season Two just got real interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Plus they said, "A Time Master is never late."

So, yeah, none of makes any real sense. However, there has been a poetic solution to this scifi problem, and that's time is like a river and the events are going to flow in the direction of they way it's suppose to be. And there's the butterfly effect thing too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalorock View Post
That's one of my beefs with time travel. You can make up your own set of rules, just adhere to them, just like with what kills vampires or whatever. I hate when the science contradicts itself.

All that said, it was a decent finale, I'll tune in again next year. I seem to rarely catch it the day it comes out anyways and have to watch it from the CW website.
I agree that time travel is too convoluted and often contradicts itself for the sake of the story.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:08 PM   #1461
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

VIXEN Makes Surprise CW Upfront Appearance, Is Her Role Elevating in Fall?
Quote:
Vixen actress Megalyn Echikunwoke was seen on the dais at CW's upfronts while the network made announcements about its DC Comics TV shows. While this may have simply been a nod to her starring role in the CW Seed Vixen animated series, her presence may indicate that CW is preparing her for more visibility in the coming season - and perhaps more in live-action.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:11 PM   #1462
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

No Alan Scott Green Lantern For DC TV Universe

Quote:
It's learned - again - that Green Lantern won't be appearing any time in the DC TV Universe.

Prior to Thursday's episode of DC's Legends Of Tomorrow, it was thought that possibly the surprise character reveal at the end was Alan Scott Green Lantern; however, EP Marc Guggenheim shot that down and notes the character is attached to the films.

"I'll tell you right now, because I never want anyone to be disappointed, he's not Alan Scott," Guggenheim told CBR. "I love Alan Scott. I've written Alan Scott in the comics. Alan Scott is also attached to the Green Lantern franchise, which DC obviously has feature plans for. In the poll of 'who it's going to be,' you can cross off Alan Scott."

It's been speculated Green Lantern has been wanted for DC TV due to the many Easter Eggs found in the various series, with one even going so far to describe a certain pilot. I do think this season has seen the Green Lantern Easter Eggs subside, obviously due to the Green Lantern Corps and Justice League movies. We already know WB put the kibosh on using Suicide Squad for Arrow, Blue Beetle, and it's probably a safe bet that Black Canary was killed off to make way for the character to appear in the DCEU. More than likely, WB doesn't want another controversy similar to Grant Gustin and Ezra Miller as The Flash, so no characters will be shared.

Old 05-20-2016, 09:20 PM   #1463
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

that's just fuck'n figures, man; can somebody explain to me the reason we cant have a character visualized on both the big AND small screens?!??

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 02:11 AM   #1464
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

The more they can avoid it, the better. And not using tv actors to play the movie counterparts is the RIGHT decision. The tv shows are cheaper budget, and they look it. It takes the pizazz off of the characters when the same actors show up in shitty tv shows.
Old 05-22-2016, 07:12 AM   #1465
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
Yo.

that's just fuck'n figures, man; can somebody explain to me the reason we cant have a character visualized on both the big AND small screens?!??

First we get the JL without Hal, now we'll see the JSA with no Alan. It's as if WB kicks GL fans in the groin, then waits just long for us to try standing upright before they kick us again.

Tazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
The more they can avoid it, the better. And not using tv actors to play the movie counterparts is the RIGHT decision. The tv shows are cheaper budget, and they look it. It takes the pizazz off of the characters when the same actors show up in shitty tv shows.
Alan would have been the perfect move due to his initial disconnection with the Corps. Given all of the energy effects and bizarre characters that we've seen on the Flash, making green flame effects seems like it would be easy at this point. I'm with Tazer on this; I feel like chewing bricks.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:28 PM   #1466
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

FLASH Star On SUPERGIRL Crossover: 'BARRY & KARA Would Make A Great Couple'
Old 05-24-2016, 11:36 PM   #1467
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

'Batman v Superman' Fallout: Producer Charles Roven to Shift Role on DC Movies
Quote:
Charles Roven, the veteran producer who has worked on every DC Comics movie at Warner Bros. since 2005’s Batman Begins, is no longer producing certain DC movies, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

Talks are underway to have Roven — who was a producer on Zack Snyder's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, as well as the recently completed Suicide Squad and next year's Wonder Woman — segue to a different role going forward, likely that of an executive producer who is not involved in day-to-day production. However, he potentially could continue to be a producer on some sequels to the movies he's currently producing.

The extent of Roven's involvement, and which titles he would work on, is "evolving," according to multiple sources, who also stress that no final decisions have been made.

"Roven is a key member of not only the DC slate but of the Warner Bros. family," says a studio spokesman.

The move comes as Warner Bros. continues to scrutinize its DC movies in the wake of BvS’s so-so performance at the box office and chilly reception from audiences. The movie, released March 25, wrapped its run with $871 million worldwide with a production budget of at least $300 million. While Warners insists the movie will be profitable, it was meant to kick off the studio’s DC cinematic universe with a billion-dollar bang, but instead was met with an unenthusiastic response from fans for being too dark and unheroic.

In stark contrast, Marvel Studios, well into its cinematic universe with 13 movies, has seen outsized success for its similarly themed Captain America: Civil War, which pits its heroes against each other. Civil War has earned raves from fans and critics and has grossed more than $1 billion in about three weeks.

Warners, which leverages its DC IP across multiple channels, among them publishing and video games, now is taking steps to course-correct its approach as it develops its superhero slate. It recently shuffled its executive ranks to have executive vp Jon Berg and Geoff Johns, DC's chief content officer, co-run the newly created DC Films. It also is seeking to hire a more established director on The Flash (2018) after parting ways with screenwriter Seth Grahame-Smith, who initially was attached to make his directorial debut with the project.

Roven, an experienced producer whose career dates back to the 1980s, has a producer credit on the three Batman movies directed by Christopher Nolan and 2013’s Man of Steel. He also is a producer on Suicide Squad, which Warners hopes will re-energize its DC movies when it opens in August, and Wonder Woman, which will be released in June 2017.

Roven has established himself as a savvy player who knows how to manage the armies it takes to make modern, big-budget, visual effects-heavy tentpoles. But he was part of the unofficial brain trust with Snyder on the DC movies, an approach Warners seems to be rethinking in the wake of BvS's less than stellar performance.

One reason for the shift in thinking is that Warners wants to ramp up the number of DC productions, and sources say it would be physically impossible for one man to handle pre-, post- and production on multiple movies in countries and cities ranging from Australia to Los Angeles to Louisiana to London.

Roven was slated to be a producer on Flash and Aquaman, two DC films that have yet to go into production and could end up shooting on opposite ends of the planet. Sources tell THR he will no longer serve in that capacity on those films.

Roven remains on set for Justice League: Part 1, currently shooting in London, although Warners now has sent Berg to also oversee the day-to-day production of that movie.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:47 PM   #1468
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Despite this news, I'm sure there are still fans of Snyder's Batman v. Superman and probably don't feel any changes were necessary. That Snyder's vision was the right approach to the DCEU.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:09 PM   #1469
KilowogsDisciple
Green Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
Despite this news, I'm sure there are still fans of Snyder's Batman v. Superman and probably don't feel any changes were necessary. That Snyder's vision was the right approach to the DCEU.
Many of them seem to have changed their minds (for the worse) after seeing it more than once. However, I strongly suspect Snyder didn't have complete responsibility for the basic suck that was and remains that movie.

So wish Affleck would just be his usual rich-whine-ass self and go away. Pudgy wudgy Batman sucks imo.
KilowogsDisciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 04:17 PM   #1470
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Pfft his Batman was the least of that movie's problems. Personally I actually enjoyed his Bats.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:33 PM   #1471
KilowogsDisciple
Green Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
Pfft his Batman was the least of that movie's problems. Personally I actually enjoyed his Bats.
I agree with that, it definitely had much bigger problems. And imo that's saying one yee-hah of a lot.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:57 PM   #1472
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I might be the only that really didn't enjoy Batffleck. I thought it was off. Not the killing part, but other things; mostly the Martha thing. But the branding of criminals thing was definitely unnecessary and bizarre.
Old 05-25-2016, 06:57 PM   #1473
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

That I can agree with. The branding was a bit much.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:45 PM   #1474
KilowogsDisciple
Green Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
I might be the only that really didn't enjoy Batffleck. I thought it was off. Not the killing part, but other things; mostly the Martha thing. But the branding of criminals thing was definitely unnecessary and bizarre.
I can't stand Affleck in any film, he ruined Daredevil (which actually wasn't a bad movie at all at when you consider the director's cut) because he sucks. Batman vs Superman sucked for reasons beyond his control, but he certainly contributed impetus to the preexistent toilet bowl maelstrom.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:34 PM   #1475
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I am proud to say I STILL have not seen Supes vs Bats. Holding on strong with my boycott baby!