• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Happy dance*

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
      *Happy dance*

Comment

• And the first issue is going back to print.

Comment

• Fuck yeah.

Comment

• It doesn't seem that Bendis is doing all that much for Action Comics and Superman. Those numbers more or less look like what those titles would be selling without his name attached to them. That's interesting.
            ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

• Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post
              It doesn't seem that Bendis is doing all that much for Action Comics and Superman. Those numbers more or less look like what those titles would be selling without his name attached to them. That's interesting.
              I'm surprised by those numbers for DC's Flagship character. I read the first few post-Rebirth issues of each one, and both were off to a running start. Has the writing really gone down hill over the last 6 months or so?
              Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
                I'm surprised by those numbers for DC's Flagship character. I read the first few post-Rebirth issues of each one, and both were off to a running start. Has the writing really gone down hill over the last 6 months or so?
                Not at all. Although I like Action Comics (focusing on Kal as Clark) a lot better than Superman (focusing on Kal as Superman). And the art has even gone up a notch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                  Not at all. Although I like Action Comics (focusing on Kal as Clark) a lot better than Superman (focusing on Kal as Superman). And the art has even gone up a notch.
                  I would agree. There's been no real dip.

Comment

• The plain and simple fact that Bendis' Superman comics aren't doing better is exactly why I question why DC wants to give the man so much so soon with him coming to their side of the fence? All the different creator owned stuff like Pearl, his 'imprint' Wonder Comics, and when his Superman isn't even breaking the Top 10 each month?

I'd love to see what other creators would do with this much creative freedom.

What would they do with a big gun like Superman? And what four comics would they want to bring back or reintroduce characters with? Or even just have a hand in bringing back....

Ωmega Man
                    Guardian of the Universe
                    Last edited by Ωmega Man; 12-16-2018, 12:18 AM.

Comment

• I guess I'll be the lone voice of dissent and say I haven't cared for Bendis on the Superbooks. I read the Man of Steel mini and dropped it due to him shoving Lois and Jon to the side. Gave that issue where Lois comes back a shot and didn't care for it either.

As for the sales specifically however it's been pretty clear from the beginning that Bendis on the Superbooks wasn't having the kind of effect DC was hoping for, sales are pretty similar to the previous runs rather than up there with Tom King's Batman.

Originally posted by Ωmega Man View Post
                      The plain and simple fact that Bendis' Superman comics aren't doing better is exactly why I question why DC wants to give the man so much so soon with him coming to their side of the fence? All the different creator owned stuff like Pearl, his 'imprint' Wonder Comics, and when his Superman isn't even breaking the Top 10 each month?
                      It was probably promised to him and put into his contract in order to lure him over from Marvel.
                      Hypo
                      Lil' Leaguer
                      Last edited by Hypo; 12-28-2018, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• 19 Doom Patrol 1* $3.99 DC 76,225
                        79 Doom Patrol 2* $3.99 DC 37,856
                        96 Doom Patrol 3* $3.99 DC 30,140
                        105 Doom Patrol 4* $3.99 DC 26,261
                        101 Doom Patrol 5* $3.99 DC 24,693
                        104 Doom Patrol 6* $3.99 DC 21,954
                        120 Doom Patrol 7* $3.99 DC 18,432
                        125 Doom Patrol 8* $3.99 DC 17,483
                        133 Doom Patrol 9* $3.99 DC 16,381
                        133 Doom Patrol 10* $3.99 DC 15,504
                        155 Doom Patrol 11* $3.99 DC 12,937
                        190 Doom Patrol 12* $3.99 DC 13,448

Comment

• Orders actually went UP 511 copies for the 12th issue. Odd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                            I guess I'll be the lone voice of dissent and say I haven't cared for Bendis on the Superbooks. I read the Man of Steel mini and dropped it due to him shoving Lois and Jon to the side. Gave that issue where Lois comes back a shot and didn't care for it either.

As for the sales specifically however it's been pretty clear from the beginning that Bendis on the Superbooks wasn't having the kind of effect DC was hoping for, sales are pretty similar to the previous runs rather than up their with Tom King's Batman.

It was probably promised to him and put into his contract in order to lure him over from Marvel.
                            From what I gather he wanted to write Superman after visiting a friend's Superman museum in Ohio, and his contract was almost up with Marvel. It doesn't sound like he needed to be lured to the dark side, TPTB probably just figured he'd turn heads and sell more books. So far he's barely managed to do one of those.

Comment

• I think Bendis might have made more of a splash if DC had put him on something that really needed his help. A lower tiered title that he could have raised up to the next level like Johns did for GL, Moore did for Swamp thing or Perez did for WW. On the Superman titles he seems like a wash.

He would have made bigger waves if he had taken over Green Arrow or Titans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                                I think Bendis might have made more of a splash if DC had put him on something that really needed his help. A lower tiered title that he could have raised up to the next level like Johns did for GL, Moore did for Swamp thing or Perez did for WW. On the Superman titles he seems like a wash.

He would have made bigger waves if he had taken over Green Arrow or Titans.
                                I think that's the problem with DC. They sign big talent but then 90% of the time they shuffle them to a Superman or Batman title, or God forbid something outside of continuity in a mini series or graphic novel that does nothing for the overall DC landscape.

Green Arrow was a nice thought. I'd love to see that title do better than it seems to be. It'd be incredible if DC could lure Kevin Smith back for an arc or two for that title, but Bendis I'm sure could do something for it as well. Maybe have Bendis rework the Beyond Universe, or a title like Red Hood & the Outlaws. Both of those concepts have staying power at least. How long will another Dial H last, and how long can Wonder Twins hold on to readers?

Bendis was featuring the Question in some recent issues of Action... WHAT ABOUT ANOTHER SERIES FOR Q?!? Cause you know... fans actually WANT to see that...

Comment

Working...
                                X