The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 07-28-2020, 02:24 PM   #676
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Who decided that Bill Gates was an authority on coronavrius? Has our worship of the wealthy made us that stupid?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other...1s1?li=BBnb7Kz
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 02:28 PM   #677
Space Cop
The Dandy

^I've found that funny too. My news feeds has reported on his pandemic opinions multiple times over the last few months. He doesn't even have a good track record dealing with computer viruses.
—Barry McGuire
Space Cop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 03:46 PM   #678
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Yeah, it isn't as if the stuff he's saying doesn't make sense, it is just...why report on HIM saying it? I imagine there are medical professionals more qualified to tell us if new therapeutic drugs are having an effect on the death rate. I mean, it seems LOGICAL, but that doesn't mean you need to report the information from any old person.

Frankly, though, I've gotten the impression lately that any optimistic or reassuring information about the pandemic tends to be downplayed. I still see it reported, but it is seldom front page news, and almost always has pessimistic speculation included to "balance it out". I don't know if my perceptions are off, or if they are just trying not to get people's hopes up too early, or if they are afraid anything sounding like good news will play into Trump's OVERLY optimistic narrative, and make people act like things are all back to normal.
Old 07-28-2020, 07:14 PM   #679
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

The link I provided came from MSN. Hmmm. Maybe Gates is setting up a future run for the presidency.

People don't realize that you can BUY coverage on the internet, and, unlike in print media or on television, it won't get labeled as ads. That's what the Kardashians have done on Yahoo for many years. I think they keep Yahoo in business.

Last edited by Trey Strain; 07-28-2020 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:22 PM   #680
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Ha, ha.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/anti-mask...142351086.html
Old 07-29-2020, 11:34 PM   #681
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Radio this morning, I expected John DeBella to talk about the Minnesota couple wearing swastika masks to Walmart, but no, he beat that by a large margin.

Cops in New Jersey spent hours arresting 700 people at a party.

There's a major pandemic and nearly a thousand morons think it's a good idea to bob for apples.
Old 07-30-2020, 02:38 AM   #682
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
Radio this morning, I expected John DeBella to talk about the Minnesota couple wearing swastika masks to Walmart, but no, he beat that by a large margin.

Cops in New Jersey spent hours arresting 700 people at a party.

There's a major pandemic and nearly a thousand morons think it's a good idea to bob for apples.
I think that stuff is happening because people are suffering and dying off-camera. If you made everyone look at it, attitudes would change.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:32 PM   #683
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

They probably wipe their dogs' butts too.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...Fj6?li=BBnbcA0
Old 08-01-2020, 03:46 PM   #684
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

At the moment this is the lead "story" on Yahoo. Hmmm.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/b...124852599.html
Old 08-13-2020, 09:25 PM   #685
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Words fail me:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Cringetopia...fter_one_date/
Old 08-13-2020, 09:38 PM   #686
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
Wow. I can see more than enough of that to realize I don't even want to zoom in enough so I can read the rest. That just seems totally cringey no matter how many dates you've been on, but after just ONE? That seems like evidence that you need some kind of mental health evaluation.
Old 08-30-2020, 01:30 PM   #687
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Clayton Crain is refusing to wear masks on signing tour and will cancel appearances altogether is shop owners ask him to wear one
Old 08-31-2020, 12:11 PM   #688
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

His body his choice

If you want evidence of unintelligent extraterrestrial life existing look at the Chicago mayor lori lightfoot , lori lightfoot phone home
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 02:08 PM   #689
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
His body his choice
Well, technically, it is other people's bodies he is putting in danger with this behavior...and legally it is not "his choice" if masks are required in that region.
Old 08-31-2020, 02:10 PM   #690
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Well, technically, it is other people's bodies he is putting in danger with this behavior...and legally it is not "his choice" if masks are required in that region.
But at least he's making it clear (from what I saw) to the places. Really, this isn't the time to book signings.
—Barry McGuire
Old 08-31-2020, 02:13 PM   #691
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Theres been no proof masks even help though. If anything it restricts breathing. I believe i had covid back in December when i worked in assistant living week of Christmas 5 days back to back pale white looking like Casper the friendly ghost the cvs clinic at that time said i had phnemonia wich i never had before. And yes this is the real tazz not on some conspiracy theory rant. I just read a article yesterday from Yahoo the us has its first case of reinfection. Now if people are getting reinfected the masks dont help. If you want to fact check me please do. Id post a link truth is im typing on my ps4 so i have no idea how to set a link through this if i did i would. So between new years and present we were on lockdown . Got sick again in april with a mask since that and temperature are mandatory. I was off 2 weeks no pay payed 225 for the test they never reimbursed me so i quit in april keep in mind im a dishwasher in the kitchen handling food and delivering it. Under hypa they cant tell us wich residents are infected. Covid aside i loved what i did but they really screw there workers. Nurses very under paid for the work they do and keep in mind such nurses are aged mid 40's through early 60's sorry for the rant but i do really believe this is about money

If you want evidence of unintelligent extraterrestrial life existing look at the Chicago mayor lori lightfoot , lori lightfoot phone home

Last edited by TazzMission; 08-31-2020 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-01-2020, 01:59 PM   #692
Mister Ed

There is, in fact, proof that masks help.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/41...-masks-prevent

Whether or not people can get reinfected has no relevance to the efficacy of masks, that just tells us whether recovery guarantees future immunity. Also, masks don't protect you from getting infected (unless they are the medical grade ones), but keep YOU from infecting others. They aren't perfect at it, but they definitely reduce transmission according to the evidence.

And no, in healthy adults, masks do not meaningfully restrict breathing.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...-oxygen-intake

Last edited by Mister Ed; 09-01-2020 at 02:04 PM.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 02:38 PM   #693
Space Cop
The Dandy

Yeah, the claim isn't that masks will totally stop the spread, but that it would be worse without them.
—Barry McGuire
Old 09-01-2020, 02:51 PM   #694
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
There is, in fact, proof that masks help.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/41...-masks-prevent

Whether or not people can get reinfected has no relevance to the efficacy of masks, that just tells us whether recovery guarantees future immunity. Also, masks don't protect you from getting infected (unless they are the medical grade ones), but keep YOU from infecting others. They aren't perfect at it, but they definitely reduce transmission according to the evidence.

And no, in healthy adults, masks do not meaningfully restrict breathing.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...-oxygen-intake
According to google it states that cloth masks wont totally block the virus. So im somewhat right somewhat not fully. Let me ask you this than if cloth masks wont somewhat work what about the very clothes we wear any time we leave our home? Covid was said to be upper respiratory right? Clothing stores back in june refused any clothing returns specifically walmart. They even had a big thing about it on there site so do we all wear protective non Clothing type clothing?

Old 09-01-2020, 04:17 PM   #695
Mister Ed

Quote:
According to google it states that cloth masks wont totally block the virus. So im somewhat right somewhat not fully. Let me ask you this than if cloth masks wont somewhat work what about the very clothes we wear any time we leave our home? Covid was said to be upper respiratory right? Clothing stores back in june refused any clothing returns specifically walmart. They even had a big thing about it on there site so do we all wear protective non Clothing type clothing?
What are you talking about? What do your clothes have to do with blocking respiratory droplets that you are emitting? Remember, the masks aren't about keeping you from catching the virus, they are about keeping you from TRANSMITTING the virus. They block the respiratory droplets you are putting out. So what fabric you wear anywhere other than over your mouth and nose is kind of irrelevant.
Old 09-01-2020, 04:21 PM   #696
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
What are you talking about? What do your clothes have to do with blocking respiratory droplets that you are emitting? Remember, the masks aren't about keeping you from catching the virus, they are about keeping you from TRANSMITTING the virus. They block the respiratory droplets you are putting out. So what fabric you wear anywhere other than over your mouth and nose is kind of irrelevant.
Its ovious we dont agree so i will say this good talk have a nice day stay safe

Old 09-01-2020, 05:10 PM   #697
Mister Ed

Quote:
Its ovious we dont agree so i will say this good talk have a nice day stay safe
That's fine. Although this last exchange was less about agreement, and more about me being frankly baffled about what point you were trying to make about the clothing.
Old 09-01-2020, 09:48 PM   #698
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
That's fine. Although this last exchange was less about agreement, and more about me being frankly baffled about what point you were trying to make about the clothing.
I know i said id move on but the boston globe reported yesterday only 6 percent of deaths are linked to covid and the others are from already underling causes . I really recommend you look it up and again the boston globe is what im reading as we speak

Old 09-01-2020, 10:00 PM   #699
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Greg Land appears to have plagiarized his cover for the upcoming Aliens omnibus from artist Tristan Jones

Putting this here because he apparently just copy-pasted the work outright, which is pretty fucking obvious to catch in a business like comic art.
Old 09-01-2020, 10:14 PM   #700
Mister Ed

Quote:
I know i said id move on but the boston globe reported yesterday only 6 percent of deaths are linked to covid and the others are from already underling causes . I really recommend you look it up and again the boston globe is what im reading as we speak
Unfortunately I can't access it online without an account. But people with underlying health conditions are at highest risk of dying if they contract COVID, so that may be what you are seeing.