Announcement

Collapse

The point of this Forum Section

Some members are a little iffy on what should go in the Games & Humor forum section so.

Trivial games like "the person above you game" should be placed in this forum.

Humor of all kinds also belongs here, like the "Superman has a problem with kinky sex" thread.

What does not belong here would be things like video games, board games. Or humor coming directly out of comic books or discussion of books.

Boardgames and the like would go in the Action Figure and Toys section as could video games, though those could also be posted in the General Forum Section.

also any posts in this Forum Section do not count towards your post count.

Hope that helps!
See more
See less

31 Day Would You Rather Challange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I wasn't insulted or anything. It's more a sociological point. I've just heard a lot of people say similar things (or "I'd kill myself if I went blind," etc) and yet I notice there is an overwhelming tendency among human beings to cling to life in the most extreme circumstances.

Comment

Yeah, my mom has said that she doesn't want to go on living if she starts losing her mental capacities in old age. I sure HOPE her perspective changes if that ever really happens.

Comment

I really wouldn't want to live under those circumstances either; not being able to remember my own name or recognize friends and family members. Not only would I be a danger to myself, I'd be a constant burden, and I would continually and painfully remind whoever is taking care of me, that which I used to be... and I wouldn't want to put anyone through that kind of misery and torture.

Comment

Eh, being a burden when you are old isn't that horrible. I mean, you're a burden when you're young, too. It seems only right to be willing to shoulder SOME burden for the people you burdened in your younger days.

That said, I wouldn't be too happy about it if my personality changed so I was nasty to my loved ones. I've seen that happen, and it is always tragic. Memory loss and loss of independence, those don't bother me that much as a prospect, so long as I'm good and old when they happen. But being a jerk to my loved ones? That would really suck.

Comment

Well, I didn't mean just old, as elders are great to have around for their wisdom and storytelling. I'm talking old with dementia, alzheimers or schizophrenia, or some mental deterioration where my decision-making faculties would be lacking. I'm pretty sure the jerk part of my personality would surface, and as big and strong as I am, I would be more than a handful. I wouldn't want to burden anyone with that. I've seen it. It's sad and frustrating.

Comment

6) Would you rather make a film that you hated but everyone else loved, or would you rather make a film that you loved but everyone else hated?

This is really tough for me to answer, considering I'm (hopefully) going to uni this year to study film, wanting to be a director. I suppose I'll go for the first one, considering that I question my decisions all the time anyway, usually thinking my own stuff (writing, etc.) sucks, until my sister convinces me otherwise.

Originally posted by Avatar Aang
              When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Comment

Yo.

6) Would you rather make a film that you hated but everyone else loved, or would you rather make a film that you loved but everyone else hated?

the latter.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Hmm. I think I might prefer the former. Both because I don't necessarily value my own enjoyment over everybody else's, if my job is to entertain, and because I'd likely make more money that way.

If I was making SEVERAL movies over the years, I'd definitely find the time to make the one I loved but others didn't, eventually. But if all I was making was the one...

Comment

Yo.

U realize that unless U made that deal b4 signing the contract, Im pretty sure that said movies financial success wouldnt translate to more $$$ in yur pocket?

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                    Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

The former, so I can make the money and gain the popularity necessary to do the latter later on in my career.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
                        Yo.

U realize that unless U made that deal b4 signing the contract, Im pretty sure that said movies financial success wouldnt translate to more $$$ in yur pocket?

Tazer
                        Yet, even so, if I was only making one I'd rather make one that made a bunch of people happy than just myself happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                          Hmm. I think I might prefer the former. Both because I don't necessarily value my own enjoyment over everybody else's, if my job is to entertain, and because I'd likely make more money that way.

If I was making SEVERAL movies over the years, I'd definitely find the time to make the one I loved but others didn't, eventually. But if all I was making was the one...
                          That's an interesting artistic theory debate. Several very successful and good filmmakers have said they always make movies for themselves and hope they find an audience. And certainly just pandering to the masses is no great achievement in art, but yet if there is no common appeal you may as well make home movies. I suppose there must be some happy medium. Perhaps the film industry is better off for not knowing 100% ahead of time which movies are merely personal or merely profitable.

Comment

Fuck everyone else, I care about me. That said really it depends if I was early in a filmmaking career or later. If I made the film I hated that would hopefully launch my career and I could then make the film I loved.
                            Originally posted by IonFan
                            (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                            Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                            If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                            Originally posted by Quaker
                            I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

7) Would you rather have a good youth but a bad later life, or a bad youth but a good later life?
                              Hmm, well I suppose later life is longer than youth. Plus when I got to later life I'd be thinking "fuck why didn't I choose the other option". However if I was going to die young that wouldn't be worth it.....

I think overall, I'd choose bad youth good later life.
                              Originally posted by IonFan
                              (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                              Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                              If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                              Originally posted by Quaker
                              I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Yeah, bad youth good later life. Like Deadpool says, later life is longer. Plus, if you made this bargain and made it through youth, I'd think it would be rather depressing KNOWING that it was all going to suck from now on, and it was your own fault for choosing thus.

Comment

Working...
                                X