No announcement yet.

RIP Stan Lee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stan created super-heroes who weren't perfect, who had the same issues as everyone else. That's his enduring innovation.

Comment

(Person received a NO PRIZE from Stan, sent in a NO THANKS, Stan wrote back)

Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
        Stan created super-heroes who weren't perfect, who had the same issues as everyone else. That's his enduring innovation.
        Yeah, to be honest, that is why I preferred DC, which I always thought to be more mythic (even before I could articulate that difference). I never particularly wanted to pick up a comic and read about people who have trouble paying bills or keeping their girlfriends.

That said, his characters were still undeniably interesting. Spider-man isn't really my cup of tea (though I did go through a bit of a phase reading him in the early 90s), but I have a fair number of Fantastic Four and X-Men and I love Doctor Strange, though I haven't read nearly enough of him.

Comment

Comment

You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Comment

Criticizing comics and comics readers is fine. What's not fine is using the occasion of Stan Lee's death to do that.

In today's world we make rich celebrities out of people who have no brakes on their mouths. We find them entertaining. But sooner or later many of them go too far, and we're shocked.

We shouldn't be though. They're always looking for a way to take things even further. That's what made them rich and famous in the first place.

Comment

i for one am ignoring the Haters who are using Stan Lee's death as a way to attack not only us fans of his work and life but attack the man himself when he can no longer fight back, these people are small little no bodies who in the long run will NEVER be remembered like Stan Lee will be, they have done nothing in their/there/they're lives that will ever touch others like Stan Lee's work has, THEY ARE NOTHING AND WILL FOREVER BE NOTHING

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

+ YouTube Video
                    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

A cinema commissioned art of Stan for their front

Comment

Toy Galaxy did a nice tribute.

+ YouTube Video
                        ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Pretty cool.

Comment

Michigan State marching band pays tribute to Stan Lee

I caught a brief part of the game they had against Rutgers last night, but didn't see this since I caught them well into the second quarter. But all the same, this warms my heart.

Comment

anyone else pissed that they haven't done a in remembrance magazine/book on SL yet?

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                              anyone else pissed that they haven't done a in remembrance magazine/book on SL yet?
                              Well, if such a volume is coming, it would be better if they spent some time on it and had some meaningful content.

Comment

His memoirs have been out for three years...
                                https://www.google.de/amp/s/amp.theg...n-doran-review

Comment

Working...
                                X