Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
    Class action lawsuit against Didio/DC?
    Thats not even a joke, I'm in, Damn it america paid for him to die and he should die...Lawsuit powers activitied

Comment

I just realized... if I'm so interested in the Atom/Challengers of the Unknown storyline in Countdown... it reasons to say it's probably going to be explored better in the "All New Atom" ongoing series than in Countdown. Duh! Picked up all the issues so far of the Search for Ray Palmer business.

Comment

with the quality of Countdown thus far, I'm just happy that all the GLs are in space avoiding the whole mess at least for the time being.

Ok. Lightray died way back I think in issue 51? Nothing about it sense Olsen was trying to track it down then it turned in to the Mr Action utter garbage. Olsen is Olsen he is not Mr Action, Leave the lets figure out how to be a hero and join a team to other new guys. Firestorm, (wheres he been since the end of his series. I was told to look for him through out the DCU and the arc would be concluded on) and Jaime Reyes (This is the one truely great thing to come out of OYL)
        My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Originally posted by GLJIMT View Post
          with the quality of Countdown thus far, I'm just happy that all the GLs are in space avoiding the whole mess at least for the time being.

Ok. Lightray died way back I think in issue 51? Nothing about it sense Olsen was trying to track it down then it turned in to the Mr Action utter garbage. Olsen is Olsen he is not Mr Action, Leave the lets figure out how to be a hero and join a team to other new guys. Firestorm, (wheres he been since the end of his series. I was told to look for him through out the DCU and the arc would be concluded on) and Jaime Reyes (This is the one truely great thing to come out of OYL)
          WTF!!! Jimmy Olsen with powers...They're tryin to relive the old Jimmy Olsen with powers trash from the 60's. Killing the New Gods is stupid, Jack Kirby rollin in this grave. I still like Ted better...but i'm gonna give a SPOILER right now, Jimmy Olsen is some link to the New Gods and he's gonna die...Thats not really a spoiler, more like a theory but don't be amazed if it happens
          Last edited by Guest; 08-03-2007, 11:05 PM.

Comment

I won't miss Kirby's New Gods if that's the way they're going -- every time DC tries to drag them out, dust them off, and relaunch them they just fail every time. It's kind of embarassing. Probably they should just give them a big sendoff, or do that final story arc Kirby wanted to do and then just close the book on them. Except for Darkseid... he's cool.

But Olsen... do you know a single person that has said, "You know, I sure wish they'd give Jimmy Olsen superpowers!" Seems like just reviving an old 60s/70s thing just for the sake of reviving an old 60s/70s thing.

Comment

yea its really a waste of time, they could be developing new charaters and pushing established charaters but we get this mess, Dardseid has developed in his own and whatever they do with the new gods probably won't effect him. I just don't like the idea of olsen gettin some new god origin

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                I won't miss Kirby's New Gods if that's the way they're going -- every time DC tries to drag them out, dust them off, and relaunch them they just fail every time. It's kind of embarassing. Probably they should just give them a big sendoff, or do that final story arc Kirby wanted to do and then just close the book on them. Except for Darkseid... he's cool.
                Ok I dont really care for the New Gods at all, However I never read the original Kirby stuff and if they kill everyone, I want one saved. One who IMO is by far the coolest and most interesting character of the New Gods, I might even say of the entire DCU 2nd stringers minus any GL's (Every GL is above Superman IMHO, Even G'nort)

The New God I speak of is METRON! I love him.
                My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Originally posted by GLJIMT View Post
                  The New God I speak of is METRON! I love him.
                  Actually IMO i think they should have like Lightray live, he had potental but for some reason i can't see Metron dying

Comment

Originally posted by PowerRingE3 View Post
                    Actually IMO i think they should have like Lightray live, he had potental but for some reason i can't see Metron dying
                    Sorry Lightray has already passed. he fell out of the sky at Olsens feet in Countdown.
                    My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Yeah, Metron's pretty cool, too.

Comment

and than jimmy went lookin for the killer but it turned into a super power jerk off fest

Comment

This is why, IF I buy 52, or Countdown etc. Im just going to wait for the books to come out. That way I'll have all the issues in order without having to worry about missing ones.

I think it will take some convincing to get me to buy these things tho...

Anyone else feel like this is some sort of cash grab by DC? I dont know...to expect readers to buy 52 comics every year for 3 years in a row that may or may not be good is a little arrogant to me.
                          sigpic
                          Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

they're probably lossing money. they need to lower the price because regular fans are gonna see the crap story and ain't gonna waste that type of money with it.

Comment

Death of the New Gods? Jimmy Olsen with powers? Ugh, see this is why I don't want this series. The only thing that REMOTELY piqued my interest was the cover with Mary Marvel's new hottie black costume!

Lord Malvolio
                              Corps Honor Guard
                              Last edited by Lord Malvolio; 08-07-2007, 05:25 PM.
                              Visit the Mall of Oa for all your Green Lantern needs!

Comment

Just read it today (I'm a week behind) and it actually wasn't that bad. The art was a lil better(just a lil) and the story is still slow but i like the suicide squad. 52 started out on fire and cooled toward the middle and i think(Hope) countdown will start slow and speed up toward the middle and end.

Comment

Working...
                                X