The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 10-30-2013, 03:38 PM   #801
Lex Luthor
Corps Honor Guard

Yeah, it's like the whole 1980s Freddy/Jason thing all over again. Fans would absolutely love a battle between Godzilla and Gamera, but I would be surprised if it ever happened, as I'm sure Kadokawa Pictures doesn't want their guy to look bad, and it wouldn't be the least bit surprising to hear Toho wanting a substantial amount of control before even entertaining the idea...

But still, I would like to believe something can be worked out someday.

Lex Luthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:48 PM   #802
Frank Castle
Alpha-Lantern

I asked Space Cop about that before.

Since the creators of Godzilla consider Gamera a rip off and one that actually took BO away from Godzilla, they dislike it. From there pov I can totally see why they would never consider such a movie.

Theirs bad blood there, it's never going to happen.

THE MEN CALLED STING
Frank Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:18 PM   #803
Lex Luthor
Corps Honor Guard

It's interesting going over the history of these two monsters.

During the 1970's, where the Godzilla films were on the decline, the Gamera movies were actually becoming more popular. Largely due to Gamera's association and being identified as being a hero for children, along with the more fantastical rogues, and of course the more excessive violence displayed in the Gamera films. You will notice that with Godzilla franchise at that point, the tables turned where the innovator actually became the imitator where rogues like Gigan and Megalon began to pop up, and Godzilla (along with other Kaiju) suddenly bleeding in battle. Sometimes like a geyser.

It's no secret that Toho isn't too fond of Gamera, and were, even if just a little bit, peeved with the Heisei era Gamera trilogy being well received by fans, but it would be nice for the studios to get over past animosity/feelings, and deliver something for all the Kaiju fans who would love to see Godzilla vs Gamera happen. With Toho being Toho, I don't see it happening in a satisfying manner. As they, if history tells us anything, are pretty lawyer/sue happy when it comes to Godzilla, and I'm sure Toho would also command the majority the profits (which I find understandable since Godzilla is way more of a brand than Gamera), along with creative control. It's a situation where Kadokawa Pictures might very well have much to lose, and little to gain....

Look, I would like to see it happen, for sure, but certainly not if it's just going to end up a curb stomp.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:01 PM   #804
Frank Castle
Alpha-Lantern

I would have them fight, but end it in a draw. It's the only way to do it. Better yet, they team up to fight another overpowered monster, or just do both of those things in one film.

THE MEN CALLED STING
Frank Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:15 PM   #805
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Castle View Post
I would have them fight, but end it in a draw. It's the only way to do it. Better yet, they team up to fight another overpowered monster, or just do both of those things in one film.
I think so. Otherwise the only scenario is that Gamera is the good guy (as always) and Godzilla the baddie but Toho wouldn't dig that as Lex described.
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
—Isaiah 9:6
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:40 AM   #806
Godmera
Champion of the World

Send a message via AIM to Godmera Send a message via Yahoo to Godmera

They need to make a movie starring me Godmera then you get the best of both

Godmera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:23 PM   #807
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmera View Post
They need to make a movie starring me Godmera then you get the best of both
Well, I'd watch it, but I bet you aren't "a friend of children everywhere."
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:55 PM   #808
Lex Luthor
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Castle View Post
Yeah, going back once again to Freddy vs. Jason, that would be the best way to end it. If you're more pro Gamera, the conclusion leads you to believe Gamera won. If Pro Godzilla, the Big G wins. I mean, I don't think FvsJ is a perfect film by any means, but I found the conclusion satisfying as it really didn't give one set of fans bragging rights over the other. Nothing was clear cut. Much like King Kong vs Godzilla, though Toho outright say Kong won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
I think so. Otherwise the only scenario is that Gamera is the good guy (as always) and Godzilla the baddie but Toho wouldn't dig that as Lex described.
I agree, SC. It's just a shame that we couldn't get that sort of film (Godzilla the baddie, Gamera the hero). That scenario would probably make a cool movie, but yeah, having Gamera the more 'heroic' monster and Godzilla the villain would probably be seen by Toho brass as propping up Gamera to Godzilla's level. Which I doubt isn't something they are too interested in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Well, I'd watch it, but I bet you aren't "a friend of children everywhere."
Old 11-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #809
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Old 11-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #810
IonFan
Forum Member

look we got a Godzilla vs. King Kong, we got Freddy vs. Jason, we got Big@$$ Robots vs. Big@$$ Monsters (Pacific Rim), we even got 2 Aliens vs. Predators movies and soon we'll get Batman vs. Superman.........

WE WILL GET GODZILLA VS. GAMERA ( h@ll given enough time we'll get a Star Trek vs Star Wars movie)

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump

Last edited by IonFan; 11-19-2013 at 05:53 PM.
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #811
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Will Smith to play Ultraman?

A settled sixteen year-old lawsuit and a growing fan base has the highly popular Japanese television series “Ultraman” prepared for its big screen debut albeit with an English language flair. All that is known is a huge American A-list star will be approached to play a human who has the ability to transform into galactic spaceman Ultraman. So, who is this mysterious actor?Appearing at Nuke the Fridge Con 2013 over the weekend, legendary filmmaker Sompote Saengduenchai signed autographs for a multitude of fans to promote the release of “Ultraman Forever,” a giant 230 plus page book which celebrates the 50th anniversary of “Ultraman” and the Japanese/American crossover film “King Kong vs. Godzilla.” A source inside Sompote’s entourage indicated that the action/sci-fi feature film would be done in the style of Guillermo del Toro’s international monsters vs. giant robots’ hit “Pacific Rim.” Word has it that “I Am Legend” alum Will Smith is being sought for the role as the symbiotically coupled human/Ultraman team.

Smith is no stranger to science fiction having appeared in “Independence Day,” “After Earth” and the “Men in Black” franchise.

UPDATE: They are hoping for a release date for the film by 2016 according to Saengduenchai.
Could it be possible?!?

http://nukethefridge.com/2013/11/17/...ie-will-smith/

Old 11-20-2013, 05:40 PM   #812
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

It's possible.

I hope they give "Ultraman" respect and not make it into some silly comedy like The Green Hornet. I would really hate to see such a character turn into a spoof for fodder.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:10 AM   #813
IonFan
Forum Member

Could this be what the brand new Godzilla looks like?

.......... i don't hate it so that's something

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #814
Space Cop
The Dandy

Hmm. Interesting. His skin looks more reptilian (like a crocodile) than it ever has before.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:38 PM   #815
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Interesting indeed. It has more of a pre-historic look.
Old 11-23-2013, 01:34 AM   #816
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Old 11-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #817
SocializingMogo
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex View Post
<3 <3 <3
SocializingMogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:23 PM   #818
Lex Luthor
Corps Honor Guard

Looks very decent. Kinda would have preferred the eyes to be larger (similar to the '85 look I suppose), but it's nothing to fret about.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:31 AM   #819
Jon Q. Citizen
Manhunter Repairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
look we got a Godzilla vs. King Kong, we got Freddy vs. Jason, we got Big@$$ Robots vs. Big@$$ Monsters (Pacific Rim), we even got 2 Aliens vs. Predators movies and soon we'll get Batman vs. Superman.........

WE WILL GET GODZILLA VS. GAMERA ( h@ll given enough time we'll get a Star Trek vs Star Wars movie)
Agreed! Unless Capitalism collapses....
“You were electrocuted by a Giant Moth. That kind of thing will scramble your brain right good." -- Boxer (in Godzilla #6)
Jon Q. Citizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 01:37 AM   #820
Godmera
Champion of the World

I'm proud to announce my blog Kaiju Battle now has message boards so check them out and start some discussions, thanks.

http://kaijubattle.proboards.com/
Old 12-09-2013, 12:31 AM   #821
Godmera
Champion of the World

Post a little kaiju gift guide on my blog http://kaijubattle.blogspot.com/2013...ift-guide.html and have an Amazon store to buy those gift ideas check them out.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:37 AM   #822
Lex Luthor
Corps Honor Guard

Exclamation

Two MUTO viral videos just released ....

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #823
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmera View Post
Post a little kaiju gift guide on my blog http://kaijubattle.blogspot.com/2013...ift-guide.html and have an Amazon store to buy those gift ideas check them out.
My mother has that shirt.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #824
Shaolinlantern
Parallax Host

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...82656295_n.jpg

Still from the trailer
Old 12-10-2013, 06:03 PM   #825
Shaolinlantern
Parallax Host

Godzilla trailer is online:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjKO10hKtYw