The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern Vol. 4
FLASHCHAT

GL Volume 4

Old 12-22-2009, 06:23 AM   #26
Ninty
Star Manphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by myuserid View Post
I don't want to pay an extra dollar and get a co-feature I'll never read.
100% agree with this!

co-features are just a way to shove a character in the readers face that we dont want to see, I mean some of the ones that got a co-feature is because they couldnt sustain a monthly book and if the reader aint gonna fork out $3 for the book they were the main in, then why would we want to get them as a co-feature...

I dont mind john though as at least he will have purpose in the co-feature and not meaningless stories but I agree that it should be tales of the corps related that way we get to see more of the other corps.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:23 AM   #27
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
To be fair, Dave, the Second Features don't take away pages or space... they simply add an extra 7 or 8 pages for it (I forget which).
That's not true. In DP, the main book has 20 pages a month instead of 22. I'm not reading any other books with the format so I can't speak to what they are doing, but in DP it's that way.

If it wasn't any shorter, I'd be with you and just keep John in GL as Hal's co-feature.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:51 AM   #28
Maverick_GL

Send a message via MSN to Maverick_GL

Quote:
Originally Posted by myuserid View Post

Sorry John Stewart, you're not worth paying an extra $1.

If this is true, I'll most likely be dropping the book.

I don't want to pay an extra dollar and get a co-feature I'll never read.

Every time we get news from DC, it's like they are telling me they don't want my money.

I'm gonna end up saving a lot of money next year thanks to DC.
Time to jump ship or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern888 View Post
Quoted for Truth.
Of course. And yet, you will still buy the comic if you care about GL at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninty View Post
100% agree with this!
As I knew you would.

So what are you saying, you'd rather just pay the increased price for what you usually get, or maybe a few extra pages of it? Co-features are nice additions to comics, especially when you have to pay more for them.

Besides, at least you get something rather than nothing. Right?

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman
Maverick_GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:33 AM   #29
Mechinoid
Hal's Understudy

I wouldn't mind seeing John in Green Lantern co-feature aside. A GLC John co-feature would be iffy with me. Would be good to actually see him...you know....do things, but then it would kinda have me think that Green Lantern is too Hal centric...somehow even moreso and just fail.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:01 AM   #30
GreenLantern888
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to GreenLantern888 Send a message via MSN to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Yahoo to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Skype™ to GreenLantern888

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion.nai View Post
John Stewart is lame beans. If anything he should be a co feature in the regular GL title.
GLC should gain a sorta Tales of the Corp extra.
No Keep him out of the GL title he doesn't need a co-feature at all in any book.

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU
GreenLantern888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:04 AM   #31
GreenLantern888
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to GreenLantern888 Send a message via MSN to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Yahoo to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Skype™ to GreenLantern888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_GL View Post

Of course. And yet, you will still buy the comic if you care about GL at all.

I mainly care about Hal Jordan, I've quit GLC for awhile till the Sinestro Corps War and I will pay 4 bucks to see the other corps but I will not for John Stewart.

John Stewart isn't that interesting and I will not pay money for him. I shouldn't need to spend an extra buck for pages I won't read.

If John Stewart ever gets a co-feature in Green Lantern then I am ripping out the co-feature pages and mailing them back for a refund.

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU
GreenLantern888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:05 AM   #32
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Ideally, with things such as they are I'd work it like this:

GL, starring Hal with a Second Feature starring Kyle Rayner (the new Flash series is starring Barry with a Second Feature starring Wally West... why should Kyle deserve less?).

GLC, starring Guy and John equally, and a revolving door of other Corpsmen. A Second Feature with Keith Champagne's Green Lantern Corpse or something offbeat like that.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:47 AM   #33
Mewzard
Say what you will about masturbation...

Why does John, and the concept of the Co-feature, get so much hate? You're GOING to be paying $3.99 for all books sooner or later. Would you rather have DC's extra content for your buck, or $3.99 for the same 22 pages you've always gotten?

People are just ridiculously spiteful. If you truly care about the book, you won't drop it, even with the extra content and cost. I hope co-features stick around, because I like stories about those characters who can't support their own books, or only get to be seen in team books. Diversity is good for your reading, the fictional universe, and the industry itself.

Also, we don't know if the Co-feature even is a John Stewart story. For all we know, it could be Beau's rumored return to GL, a Guy/Kyle backup, an Ion story, or a Tales type thing. Let's not burn any bridges too rashly, over a rather unnecessary hatred of a character who hasn't gotten enough panel time the past few years to earn the hatred.

Attitudes like these are ones that kill books. Either it's "Oh, this book won't last a year, so why should I buy it?" or "I don't like that backup added/price raised, so I'll drop it." Such ways of thinking can kill good books before they even hit their prime, or kill a long time successful book, all for mild spite and conjecture.

At least give such things one arc: One arc to try to win you over. If you still dislike it, then you can vote with your money. But don't do so without giving it a shot.

Come listen to our cast, and have a ball while you're at it! : D
Mewzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:53 AM   #34
Dr. Naysay
Guardian of the Universe

The Green Lantern Spotlight Podcast needs a Mewzard Co-Feature.
Dr. Naysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:58 AM   #35
Mewzard
Say what you will about masturbation...

Ok, now you're just stalking me...>_>

Come listen to our cast, and have a ball while you're at it! : D
Mewzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:04 AM   #36
Dr. Naysay
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewzard View Post
Ok, now you're just stalking me...>_>
Come on... that was funny!
Dr. Naysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:34 AM   #37
Knuckles
Corps Honor Guard

dont worry naysay, i chuckled a lil
Old 12-22-2009, 12:27 PM   #38
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

I mean really, a John Stewart co-feature? He goes from getting 1-2 pages in GL to getting 8 in GLC. I guess that's an upgrade?

To be honest I'd rather see a third GL book than a freaking co-feature, I'm always up for interstellar cosmic adventure given the right team. Plus, I'd like to see someone with the balls to make John Stewart into the badass marine I know he can be.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter
JohnnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:00 PM   #39
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

All the John hate is uncanny in this thread. I don't get it. For those who say they don't want to pay an extra dollar for pages they won't read fret not. Cause we all now there are plenty of comics we will soon have to pay an extra dollar for with not extra content. It will all work out the same soon enough. If I have to spend extra cash I'm glad DC is adding something a little extra. You see any extra pages in all those Marvel books that went up in price? I haven't.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:09 PM   #40
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Ideally, with things such as they are I'd work it like this:

GL, starring Hal with a Second Feature starring Kyle Rayner (the new Flash series is starring Barry with a Second Feature starring Wally West... why should Kyle deserve less?).
Because Wally has over 20yrs as THE Flash and 50 years of publication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
The Green Lantern Spotlight Podcast needs a Mewzard Co-Feature.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:22 PM   #41
Old School
Guardian of the Universe

Send a message via AIM to Old School

I'd rather get the extra 8 pages or so In a title Im buying to begin with and not have a co-feature.

If they want to give these characters 8 pages or so.

bring back "showcase" put those characters in that title and let the customer now have a choice if they want to spend the money and read about this character
Old 12-22-2009, 01:49 PM   #42
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

It doesn't particularly matter to me anyway. I love GLC and comics are gonna go up in price anyway co-feature or not. No matter what I will be paying a dollar extra for a book I love. The co-feature won't change my decision as to whether or not I will purchase this book.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:26 PM   #43
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

As long as the co-feature is actually a GL one, I'll be fine. John, Kyle, Guy, the Corpse, Tales of the GLC, it's all good (as long as it IS good).

What will make ME mad is if it is just some other random non-GL related outer space property lumped in "Cuz' they're both in outer space!".

Much as I enjoy the occasional non-GL outer space story, I don't want to be paying extra EVERY MONTH for my GLC issues just to have a few pages of, say, Adam Strange tossed in.

Adam Strange is a fine character. I've bought a few minis featuring him. But I'm not sure I would buy an ongoing, and I don't want to be forced to by cramming him in with GLC- and the same goes with other outer space properties. Don't, for instance, cancel R.E.B.E.L.S. for poor sales, and then toss it in as a co-feature on GLC.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:33 PM   #44
jdd19and99
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
As long as the co-feature is actually a GL one, I'll be fine. John, Kyle, Guy, the Corpse, Tales of the GLC, it's all good (as long as it IS good).

What will make ME mad is if it is just some other random non-GL related outer space property lumped in "Cuz' they're both in outer space!".

Much as I enjoy the occasional non-GL outer space story, I don't want to be paying extra EVERY MONTH for my GLC issues just to have a few pages of, say, Adam Strange tossed in.

Adam Strange is a fine character. I've bought a few minis featuring him. But I'm not sure I would buy an ongoing, and I don't want to be forced to by cramming him in with GLC- and the same goes with other outer space properties. Don't, for instance, cancel R.E.B.E.L.S. for poor sales, and then toss it in as a co-feature on GLC.
Agreed, as long as it's a GL-related backup then it's all good. It's not like they're gonna be tight on GL characters to fill the pages or anything.

I just don't understand why everyone is whining about paying an extra $1 for some more story in a book you enjoy so much you're part of a website about it! $1 isn't gonna break the bank for anyone.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #45
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post

I don't think I'd mind seeing Adam Strange in the back of GLC. Its not the smartest idea although I really want Adam to have some kind of staying power in the DCU.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:28 PM   #46
Emerald-Knight
Fatality's Blacksmith

The co-feature should be GL/GLC related for sure. Pages from the books of other Corps, would add to the overall mythos. I would even go for more of the Tales-Bio/History stories like they did with Arisia, Kilowog and Morrow. Also if we are going to pay another dollar for more pages, they should be good content and not adverts.
Emerald-Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:33 PM   #47
unclegnewman
Weaponer of Qward

I would like to see these backup run serialized through a few issues (2 or more issues per story), instead of a different 8 page story each month. 8 page stories can be fun but they can also be pretty forgettable.

I would also like to see these backups supplement events in the main book rather then be complete unrelated. Using the Sinestro Corps War as an example; give me a backup about a battle/slaughter at a Sector House, the Lost Lantern’s invasion of Qward, Brik and her Lantern team at the Battle of Mogo, etc… These stories should be used to supplement the main storyline, foreshadow future stories, and spotlight other, lesser known, Lanterns. If it’s just a generic “this is how tentacle guy got his ring” these backups are going to get old fast.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:53 PM   #48
HonorGuardLantern423
Weaponer of Qward

I think the co features are great. If the GLC one is a spotlight on John, Im gonna love it. We need to get back to building up and fixing John's history.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:56 PM   #49
Raker616
Corps Honor Guard

I'm more than happy with John getting a co-feature on GLC, just leave the main GL title starring Hal alone at $3 and i'm good.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:59 PM   #50
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
I don't think I'd mind seeing Adam Strange in the back of GLC. Its not the smartest idea although I really want Adam to have some kind of staying power in the DCU.
I'd be pissed. Not that I necessarily dislike the character, but because I'm not invested in him at all and I'd be forced to pay extra to read a character I'm not invested in and one that has nothing to do with GL or GLC.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote