The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics
Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 06:31 AM   #426
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Ghost Rider Is Coming to ‘Agents of SHIELD’
Old 07-24-2016, 02:26 AM   #427
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

Brie Larson Confirmed as Captain Marvel!!!!

Old 07-24-2016, 12:04 PM   #428
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-24-2016, 05:50 PM   #429
Gray Lantern
Senior Corps Member

Jesus this looks amazing!

Legion Trailer

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by W.West; 07-25-2016 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Video embedded
Old 07-25-2016, 06:11 AM   #430
W.West

Joss Whedon Would Return to Marvel for a ‘Black Widow’ Movie
Old 07-25-2016, 06:13 AM   #431
W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Lantern View Post

Legion Trailer

+ YouTube Video
So excited.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:06 PM   #432
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

hey, they did it w/Snoopy way back when....so Y not these 2, right: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...mission-patch/

Quote:
Marvel’s Groot and Rocket will head to space on NASA’s newest mission patch

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Old 07-27-2016, 04:43 PM   #433
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster Beetle View Post
I'm still on the fence about this casting, not because Brie Larson isn't a talented actress, but the age of Carol Danvers. I'm was expecting her to be older and a well accomplished and experienced pilot, something around the same age as Captain America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Lantern View Post

Legion Trailer

+ YouTube Video

It does look great and better than most of the X-Men films.

I'm happy this Marvel and Fox were able to collaborate on this TV series, which I hope opens the door for other collaborations, specifically the cinematic universe. I'm also glad this is a FX TV series rather than the Fox Network as it will have more freedom from the executive suits and therefore less pressure to get ratings.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:54 PM   #434
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
I'm still on the fence about this casting, not because Brie Larson isn't a talented actress, but the age of Carol Danvers. I'm was expecting her to be older and a well accomplished and experienced pilot, something around the same age as Captain America.
by same age as captain America do you mean about 28 or 98?
Old 07-27-2016, 06:35 PM   #435
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

^ LOL!
Old 07-29-2016, 12:35 AM   #436
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

New ‘Jessica Jones,’ ‘Daredevil’ and ‘Punisher’ No Earlier Than 2018?
Quote:
FFor as long and Marvel and Netflix have been putting out series, we’ve had to wonder about release strategy. Two per year has remained the norm; first Daredevil and Jessica Jones in 2015, then Daredevil Season 2 and Luke Cage in 2016, and with Marvel now confirming renewal for the former, as well a Punisher spinoff, it seems all else will wait until after The Defenders.

Speaking from the TCA press tour, Netflix boss Ted Sarandos confirmed that where Luke Cage would premiere on September 30, both Iron Fist and The Defenders will occupy the two slots in 2017. Jessica Jones Season 2 was said to film back-to-back with The Defenders, with The Punisher starting production sometime thereafter, but Jones, Castle and the newly-announced Daredevil Season 3 will all wait until at least 2018.
Old 07-29-2016, 04:06 PM   #437
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

New Look At THOR: RAGNAROK Mockumentary From Comic-Con Hilariously Augurs AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

Quote:
Marvel Studios was light on footage from Thor: Ragnarok during its San Diego Comic-Con panel last weekend due to only five days of filming being completed. However, they did screen a sizzle reel packed with exciting concept art, as well as a hilarious mockumentary which showcased not only the promising humor that director Taika Waititi will bring, but also what the God of Thunder was up to during the events of Captain America: Civil War.

Those aforementioned clips are not expected to be officially released online any time soon, so director Taika Waititi has taken to Instagram to share a hilarious new image from the mockumentary. According to previous descriptions of the full Comic-Con clip, this moment pictured below is from Thor’s “wall of conspiracy theory” surrounding the “purple man in the floating chair” who is after the Infinity Stones. Obviously, this is a serious quest that the Odinson had started in Avengers: Age of Ultron and it continues to foreshadow what’s to come in Avengers: Infinity War, but check out how playfully it was integrated down below.

Old 07-29-2016, 05:53 PM   #438
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

James Gunn Responds To Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Comic-Con Spoiler Complaints

Quote:
Apparently some fans are upset that James Gunn and Marvel announced the news as they consider it a big spoiler.

Now James Gunn has taken to Facebook to explain why they announced the news, and also why the revelation is not that big of a spoiler.

For comparison, the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 story is not like Empire Strikes Back with Darth Vader telling Luke Skywalker, "I am your father," it's that - per Gunn's words below - "Ego [is] the emotional center" of the film. Gunn previously said in a video posted to Facebook that Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is more about family, how Ego felt lonely, etc.

Gunn also says that Kurt Russell/Ego is a big part of the movie, so it would be near impossible to not reveal the role.

Personally, I don't mind the reveal because now we don't have to focus on who exactly Star-Lord's father is, but other questions surrounding the character: How did Ego achieve human form? Why did Ego achieve human form? How will Star-Lord (and the rest of the Guardians) react to the news? Is Ego even a good guy? Does Ego have powers (in human form)? Could someone or something be after Ego because of something he did as the Livng Planet, and now that he is in human form, he's more vulnerable? Does Ego even have a planet form?

You can read what Gunn had to say below.

Via Facebook:

WHY THE IDENTITY OF STAR-LORD'S FATHER ISN'T A SPOILER.

Don't read any further if you don't want to know who he is.

Also you might want to stay off the internet until May and definitely unfollow me and don't watch our trailers or other ads...

Anyway, people have been particularly excited, confused, and supportive of keeping Marvel Cosmic truly cosmic with the reveal of Peter Quill's father's identity. However, there have been a minority of folks who have questioned, and even been angry, that I and Marvel would reveal something so major months before the film comes out.

I get it. If we lived in a perfect world, I wouldn't tell you ANYTHING before you walked in to see Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. I wouldn't tell you Groot was now Baby Groot, I wouldn't tell you Mantis was in the movie, I wouldn't say that Ayesha and Taserface are our antagonists, that Yondu and Nebula have incredibly important roles in the film, nor would I tell you that Quill's father is Ego the Living Planet.

However, the world is imperfect.

Firstly, we have to advertise our film. And it will be impossible to show you very much of Vol. 2 since Ego is very much a part of all of it. We just don't have a way around it.

Secondly, there are journalists online who love giving you scoops about characters and plot twists in upcoming films. Ego is such a big part of the movie, this was going to come out soon, as much as we've tried to hide it (when our online press day happened on set, Kurt Russell sat in a chair that read "J'son," and all of our script pages and artwork featuring him used the same name). Frankly, I would rather be in control of the announcement myself than have it come out on SpoilersRUs.com in a few weeks.

That said, knowing who Quill's father is will not diminish your enjoyment of the film in any way. The story is not built to be a shocking twist in the same way Luke's father was Darth, Soylent Green was people, Rosebud was a sled, or that that pretty woman from Crying Game had a penis (I guess I should have said spoilers before all that). Ego the emotional center of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 from the beginning to the end, and is not a twist.

And believe me - there are many, many more surprises we still have in store for you from Vol. 2 - hopefully the biggest of which is how much you'll love the movie itself. Because, to me, that's the only twist that matters.

james

I love James Gunn on social media.
Old 07-30-2016, 04:28 PM   #439
Fearless
Agent Orange

He's a very straightforward, humorous guy, so it does help his presence.
Old 07-30-2016, 09:13 PM   #440
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

J Scott Campbell is teasing something from Marvel.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:44 PM   #441
Tazer

Yo.

so, SLs poppa = Kurt Russell, aka Ego the Living Planet......

......da FUQ!!!!

Tazer

Quote:
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:55 PM   #442
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Send a message via Skype™ to Marvelous Iggy

The term planet sized dick now has a whole new meaning.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:58 PM   #443
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
I've know what this is. Campbell was selling separate prints of Shanna, Rogue and Storm in the Savage Land that collectively combine to make a complete set.

I bought the Rouge print. I'll post it later.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:19 PM   #444
Tazer

Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelous Iggy View Post
The term planet sized dick now has a whole new meaning.
so then: would it be safe to say that SLs mom "had the WHOLE WORLD in her hands" at some point?

.......or that she LITERALLY "rocked his world"?

Tazer

Quote:
Old 08-01-2016, 08:35 PM   #445
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Yeah, no, I don't really find that to be particularly amazing storytelling. Maybe it'll be better when I watch it, but just reading the idea on paper, it sounds really pretty ridiculous. I may not be the biggest repository of knowledge on Quinn or Ego, but this just seems like a really big reach here. You don't need god-blood in your veins to handle an Infinity Gem, you just need plenty of willpower for some of them that may want to possess you.

Shit, Titania took the fucking Power Gem to fight She-Hulk, and the guy Thanos took it from in Thanos Quest was a total doorknob as well.
Old 08-02-2016, 03:01 AM   #446
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
I've know what this is. Campbell was selling separate prints of Shanna, Rogue and Storm in the Savage Land that collectively combine to make a complete set.

I bought the Rouge print. I'll post it later.
Old 08-02-2016, 03:51 PM   #447
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Old 08-02-2016, 03:53 PM   #448
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

LMAO!

Good to see Yondu getting more of his red mohawk fin back!

~M~
Old 08-04-2016, 03:55 AM   #449
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

AARON KUDER SIGNS EXCLUSIVE AGREEMENT WITH MARVEL
Old 08-04-2016, 11:27 PM   #450
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Bleeding Cool: Marvel Registers Trademarks For IVX, And Others
Quote:
Well, looks like we know what Inhumans Vs X-Men will end up being called.

Marvel Comics has registered a bunch of new trademarks, including IVX, World Of Wakanda, Solo, Slapstick, Bullseye, Foolkiller, Great Lakes Avengers and Prowler. These are all new series that we know of launching from Marvel Comics and demonstrates a certain investment in these properties. Maybe they won’t get cancelled quite so quickly. Or maybe they’re just being published to Marvel can claim the name as a trademark?
ABC & MARVEL TELEVISION WILL MOVE FORWARD WITH NEW, 'CREATIVELY STRONG' SHOWS
Quote:
ABC recently cancelled "Agent Carter" and dropped Mockingbird's spinoff series "Marvel's Most Wanted," but that doesn't mean the network isn't interested in working with Marvel some more. At TCA 2016, ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey hinted at the network's upcoming plans with Marvel Television (via Variety).

"We all came to an agreement that the next show that we want to do together is something that is as creatively strong as it can be," Dungey said, though she didn't dig into any specifics. However, her statement confirms that there is more Marvel TV series in the works at ABC.