The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Video Games
FLASHCHAT

Qward

Old 08-10-2019, 03:30 AM   #3701
Space Cop
The Dandy

^Yeah, I beat MM2 back in the day (used to play it so much that I knew I could beat it if I had a two-hour block). I re-beat that and #1 in the mini-NES, but with save states (which is basically a cheat). Weird thing is I always found them challenging and couldn't beat most of them, but I still loved the games; especially the story. Years later, when I found the story was largely cribbed from Astro Boy, I had a new venue to follow.

But to this day, Mega Man is in my top five favorite video game franchises along with Hit Man, Mortal Kombat, and Metal Gear (which has slipped in my estimation after MGS 3).

Last edited by Space Cop; 08-10-2019 at 03:33 AM.
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 11:50 PM   #3702
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Finished the Kenly College Expedition for Division 2, grabbing nearly all the cell phone recordings, all backpack trophies, and unlocking all three supply rooms and the Chapel so that I got the Diamondback exotic rifle. Here are my thoughts:

1) The babysitting needs to stop, immediately. At multiple points throughout the expedition the player is required to fend off waves of enemies while a countdown burns away and vulnerable equipment must either be protected or kept in close proximity; if the former then it's easily destroyed, and if the latter then it's easily too far away. You also have to babysit an NPC at the Student Union Center, which just makes things all the more irritable. More than once I failed because the unending flood of hostiles combined with the fragility of the equipment and the mission went foul. Thanks, Massive. I don't have a healing setup to my Hive device, so hell if I know if it can do anything or not, but I doubt it. These game design choices should never, ever be embraced.

2) The level layouts are very "open" in the sense that you can wander around all over the place and discover a hell of a lot of loot (gear, weapons, materials), but the navigation system is a joke more than ever before. At times it took me a couple minutes of running around clueless to figure out where I was and needed to be. I know having your hand held is stupid, but there was a little more trickery to orienting oneself than there probably should have been.

3) The Diamondback. It hits like a beast from what I've seen other people say, but at the same time, it's design is mind-boggling bordering on ridiculous. You have a rifle with a snake wrapped around its entire length, the snake being some bizarre hybrid of cobra (head) and rattler (tail). On the one hand, it's just a game, yeah I get that, but on the other, I just don't know what to make of this.

4-a) The enemies changed things up just slightly this time, with numerous mini-boss/boss encounters throughout each section. What really surprised me were the couple of times that an Outcast heavy, who usually carry sledgehammers, two of these bastards were wielding goddamn flamethrowers. Really set me on edge when they showed up.

4-b) The two-at-once fight in the Student Union Center against two Outcast bosses that were immune to damage except fire. It wasn't just their armor needing to be exposed to flames before you could kill their health bars, they were totally invincible except to explosive boxes and barrels scattered around the room. It took way longer than it should have to kill them because of this mechanic.

Final thoughts: nice area to explore, I'm glad the once NPC can be rescued, but the obvious padding and misery-inducing mechanics need to be removed, and future weapon design needs a little more thought put into it.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:19 PM   #3703
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Cinemassacre: "Life of Black Tiger VHS commercial"
Old 08-17-2019, 07:46 PM   #3704
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Just reinstalled Division 1 onto my PS4's external HDD. Mainly I want to re-access my characters and inventory and take pictures for my capture gallery, but since the player base is smaller than in Division 2, I figure I might actually be able to complete some more commendations (and global events are still going on, a new one starts Monday I think).

I also need to do this for both Destiny games, and I might actually mess around briefly in Destiny 2 since I stopped playing before Forsaken came out (and it's still way too expensive for me right now). Chances are I'll drop out of that again quickly since I don't have the current content but I miss seeing my characters and some of the areas and items.