Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 12-08-2014, 11:53 PM   #26
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
I watched that two parter with Flash and Arrow. The Arrow part was terrible. The crossover definitely didn't win me over and get me to put it on my watch list. I think the Flash show is getting better, though it has a long way to go.
Yeah, I wasn't terribly impressed with the Arrow portion, either. Maybe it's because I haven't been watching Arrow, though.

And could somebody that does watch Arrow please tell me that "You only call me Sweetie when you want something" bit is not as overused on a regular basis as it was in this episode? I mean it was cute the first time, but how many times did they use that? 4? 5? It was too much for that one episode, how ever many it was, IMHO. I'd hate to think regular viewers have to put up with the catchphrase that often on an ongoing basis...
Old 12-09-2014, 12:08 AM   #27
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Syfy, David Goyer Developing Superman Origin Story 'Krypton'

Quote:
Look, up in the sky! It's another comic book show.

Syfy is turning to David Goyer — the man behind The Man of Steel — to develop Superman origin story Krypton, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

From Warner Horizon Television and DC Comics, Krypton takes place years before the Superman legend we know, when the House of El was shamed and ostracized. This drama, which is in development, follows the Man of Steel's grandfather as he brings hope and equality to Krypton, turning a planet in disarray into one worthy of giving birth to the greatest Super Hero ever known.

Ian Goldberg (Once Upon a Time, FlashForward) will pen the script and exec produce alongside Goyer. The story was conceived by both Goyer and Goldberg.

The drama is in the same vein as Fox's DC Comics take Gotham, which tells the origin story of Jim Gordon (Ben McKenzie) and features a pre-teen Bruce Wayne (David Mazouz) before he became Batman.

Krypton also becomes the latest DC Comics-inspired project to land on a cable network. Turner-owned TNT is developing drama pilot Titans, a drama based on a group of superheroes-to-be based on characters from the DC universe including Dick Grayson, who emerges from the shadow of Batman to become Nightwing, the leader of a new band of heroes including Starfire, Raven and more as a "Junior Justice League" of sorts. Akiva Goldsman and Marc Haimes are writing the take for Warner Horizon Television and DC.

Other DC heroes already on the small screen include Batman in Fox's Jim Gordon origin story Gotham, The CW's The Flash and Arrow as well as NBC's Hellblazer take Constantine. The CW also has a version of DC's iZombie set for midseason, while Supergirl is currently testing leads at CBS for Arrow and Flash's Greg Berlanti and his No Ordinary Family alum Ali Adler in anticipation of a pilot and hopeful series order.

For Syfy, Krypton arrives as the cabler is making a massive push back to its Battlestar Galactica sci-fi roots with scripted originals including Dominion, Ascension, 12 Monkeys, Olympus, Z Nation, The Expanse, Childhood's End, Hunters, Dark Matterand 3001: The Final Odyssey.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:19 AM   #28
TazzMission
Banned

horrible fucking horrible plus the krytpton show
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 12:25 AM   #29
Fearless
Agent Orange

Eh, don't worry. It has about as much promise as the SyFy-produced Booster Gold series did.

Still waiting on that one, BTW.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 12:31 AM   #30
TazzMission
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
Eh, don't worry. It has about as much promise as the SyFy-produced Booster Gold series did.

Still waiting on that one, BTW.
the syfy channel aint even scifi. its insulting to call it that
Old 12-09-2014, 12:36 AM   #31
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
the syfy channel aint even scifi. its insulting to call it that

I recently read an article about that, linked by A-Train, which called the station on it. SyFy claims that they're trying to get back to their mission statement of quality sci-fi programming and original content. I'll see if I can dig up the article...
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 12:40 AM   #32
TazzMission
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
I recently read an article about that, linked by A-Train, which called the station on it. SyFy claims that they're trying to get back to their mission statement of quality sci-fi programming and original content. I'll see if I can dig up the article...
ill believe it when i actually see it because talk is talk its actually doing it that matters
Old 12-09-2014, 01:34 AM   #33
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Arrow: First Look at the Completed A.T.O.M. Exosuit

trailer in link and holy shit at a reveal regarding canarys death and it aint roy................

http://comicbook.com/2014/12/08/arro...t-o-m-exosuit/
The site in the link debunked the image and I'm guessing the trailer it appeared in? WTF...

I also kinda hate Atom needs an exo-suit. He needs the belt and some sort of red and blue attire. Preferably not the Ant-Man knock off gear he's sporting in the new52 [wtf were they thinking with that btw?!?]. He doesn't have to go all bargain basement Ironman in an exo-suit for people to like it.

~KL~
Old 12-09-2014, 01:37 AM   #34
TazzMission
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
The site in the link debunked the image and I'm guessing the trailer it appeared in? WTF...

I also kinda hate Atom needs an exo-suit. He needs the belt and some sort of red and blue attire. Preferably not the Ant-Man knock off gear he's sporting in the new52 [wtf were they thinking with that btw?!?]. He doesn't have to go all bargain basement Ironman in an exo-suit for people to like it.

~KL~
well knowing the showrunners itll be updated in the future like flash and arrow themselves.

it was like what episode 9 of last season olli got the mask and cisco just recently modified ollies get up minus the hood do to sentimental reasons
Old 12-09-2014, 02:24 AM   #35
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Most definitely. It's all about character evolution with these shows and I dig it.

Made it shinier and a brighter green if I'm not mistaken. It looked like he was wearing the new suit at the end of the last episode. He's already creating the beginnings of a JL of sorts. Now let's hope they make live action Firestorm look badass...

~KL~
Old 12-09-2014, 02:24 AM   #36
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Old 12-09-2014, 02:31 AM   #37
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 02:33 AM   #38
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Well, did someone think they were going to shoot the pilot next week or something?
Old 12-09-2014, 04:37 PM   #39
W.West

Claire Holt Might Be Out of the Running for the CBS SUPERGIRL TV Series

Quote:
According to the report that popped up about a week ago, Holt wasn’t named a top choice, she was only among the actresses testing for role, so it’s no surprise to hear that things may not work out for her. In a piece regarding what happens to Holt’s character in the latest episode of The Originals, THR claims that she is “not expected to get the part.” No, it doesn’t mean she’s definitely out, but it’s not looking good. But at least there are tons of other options out there.

We don’t know who else is taking part in testing with Holt, but I like the idea of Sara Paxton or Ashley Hinshaw taking the role. Paxton has already proved she’s got no trouble carrying a film. Why not bring her back to TV now? As for Hinshaw, she’s a less familiar face and doesn’t have many leading roles to her name, but films like Chronicle, +1 and Goodbye to All That certainly prove she’s got no problem making a big impression, so it’s about time she gets to be the headliner on a prominent project. But, then again, she does have a role on Agent Carter so that might knock her out of this one.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:02 PM   #40
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Either way, I really don't know any of the actresses in the running for Kara Zor-El. I just hope this isn't another Smallville and Supergirl actually gets to fly and wear a costume.

Darth_Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 07:35 PM   #41
TazzMission
Banned

Katrina Law Talks The Midseason Finale of ARROW, Lazarus Pits, Talia Al Ghul, Flashbacks, and More!

source

http://schmoesknow.com/katrina-law-t...clusive/32257/
Old 12-09-2014, 08:27 PM   #42
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
Either way, I really don't know any of the actresses in the running for Kara Zor-El. I just hope this isn't another Smallville and Supergirl actually gets to fly and wear a costume.
I don't see the point in having a series based on Krypton as a Superman prequel of sorts as well as a Supergirl show. DC needs to calm down green lighting everything with a script and remember quality is better than quantity.

I'm STILL waiting to hear if some form of Hourman makes it to the small screen.

~KL~
Old 12-09-2014, 09:06 PM   #43
"Chosen"
NOT his black friend

Maybe the quality over quantity is the reason Hourman hasn't had anymore information.
"Chosen" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 02:01 AM   #44
TazzMission
Banned

i knew it! if you didnt watch flash just now your in for a treat
Old 12-10-2014, 02:06 AM   #45
W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosenone85 View Post
Maybe the quality over quantity is the reason Hourman hasn't had anymore information.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:34 AM   #46
CeltiC5-27
Weaponer of Qward

At first I was gonna say I'm not looking forward to this at all but then I thought about the possibilities of seeing the more cosmic side of the DCU on this show. I mean it would certainly make it different than all the other DC shows, and it makes me wonder what the chances are that we'll see a Green Lantern pop up?

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527
CeltiC5-27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 05:54 PM   #47
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Report: Director Revealed for DC's AQUAMAN Movie
Quote:
Has Warner Bros. found their Aquaman director?
That's the scuttlebutt around Hollywood and inside the offices of competiting studio Sony Pictures Entertainment , according to reports. The Daily Beast is reporting on the latest batch of information released by the now infamous Sony Hack, including an email from Columbia Pictures' co-president of production Michael De Luca to Amy Pascal, co-chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment. Although Daily Beast fails to quote the email directly, the outlet's William Boot says that De Luca tells Pascal that Jeff Nichols, director of the recent film Mud, has been chosen to direct 2018's Aquaman. Neither Warner Bros., DC Entertainment, or Jeff Nichols have responded to this report.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:06 PM   #48
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosenone85 View Post
Granted it was supposed to be like Dial H meets 100 Bullets [was that it?] originally, the drugs used to make Deathstroke in Arrow sounded an awful lot like Miraclo and I'd hoped after rumors of an additional spin-off started circling that Hourman might spin out of that universe of heroes after all.

Just to get a list of everything that's already been discussed or on the air...

Arrow
the Flash
Gotham
Constantine
Supergirl
Titans w/ Nightwing
Krypton
iZombie
Booster Gold
Hourman
Deadman [with Boston adventuring Quantum Leap style]

...aside from the top two listed and maaaybe Titans and Deadman [depending on the premise], the only other one that would've peeked my interest would be an Hourman series in the same universe as Arrow and the Flash. Everything else looks or sounds like crap IMHO. And there are people who hate on Arrow and the Flash, so IDK who WB is trying to cater to with some of these shows.

~KL~
Old 12-15-2014, 12:58 AM   #49
W.West

Deadman? You might as well toss that and Booster Gold into that fire with Raven and Amazon.
Old 12-15-2014, 03:56 AM   #50
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I'd give my left nut for a Deadman show. He's tailor made for tv, part Fugitive part Quantum Leap. His original storyline would translate well to episodic, monster of the week formula.