Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

Default CW's The Flash

LAAAAAAAAMMMMEEEE

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 02:28 AM   #2
Booster Beetle

Harrison Wells better be a fake name, and I wonder how they're gonna explain how he beat himself up.

Old 12-10-2014, 05:57 AM   #3
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

What, you didn't see that coming since the series debuted?
Old 12-10-2014, 05:58 AM   #4
TazzMission
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster Beetle View Post
Harrison Wells better be a fake name, and I wonder how they're gonna explain how he beat himself up.
well if hes so fast how do we know he couldnt make a copy of himself? i mean it was mentioned by cisco it was 2 speedsters that killed nora
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:25 AM   #5
CeltiC5-27
Weaponer of Qward

Well notice how he looked at Eddie. I still have a feeling Reverse Flash is Eddie from the future but I'm not sure who or what that makes Wells.

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527
CeltiC5-27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:25 AM   #6
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

It's better than Arrow.
Fear the banners and the Wildcat bite!
Big Blue Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 07:45 AM   #7
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

The reverse flash is probably still from the future. Wells used the tacheon thing to enable the future rf to travel back.

2 flashes at noras death is probably barry trying to prevent it and failing just like flashpoint.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:39 AM   #8
CaptainFrxz
Green Lantern

Damn that was one epic way to end this season.
So where does this leave Eddie? Because there is no way they gave him that name for nothing, plus Zoom took a really good look at him.
Something is up.
Old 12-10-2014, 03:25 PM   #9
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
The reverse flash is probably still from the future. Wells used the tacheon thing to enable the future rf to travel back.

2 flashes at noras death is probably barry trying to prevent it and failing just like flashpoint.
problem w/that is Wells himself has to be from the future (given him pre-knowledge of some events & observed level of tech), and (while they dont need to let this hold true for the tv show) the only Flash who needs tachyons to move thru time was Zoom (not the Prof.); personally, I still think theres only *1* YS, since as we saw that t-field didnt mean squat & an old, old, old Flash trick is to look like yur in 2 places at once. also, stop & consider: why would YS bother beating him like that??

lastly, I wonder wat that device was Wells used on his suit? I know that originally R-F needed to charge up an old costume of Barrys to have spr-spd, but I cant help but think that T-device has something to do with it.....

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 04:02 PM   #10
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

My current theory is that Wells IS from the future, but he is NOT Reverse Flash. I think he is grooming Barry for some role to achieve some future result, and that enabling somebody ELSE to become Reverse Flash is part of that. Future Eddie could well be Reverse Flash, but he's going to need to take some serious crazy pills before he could believably be responsible for what we've seen from him. A future Eddie made bitter by Iris rejecting him for Barry could very well become somebody that would thrash Barry, beat up Wells, or threaten Joe with the implication of harm to Iris, but he'd have to get a whole lot crazier somehow before he'd actually kill Barry's mom, or even those guards.

One thing I didn't like about this episode...the whole thing with Ronnie felt tacked on. It had pretty much nothing to do with whatever else was going on, yet CONVENIENTLY Ronnie (who wanted them to stop tracking him) showed up just at the right time to blast Reverse Flash?! Then leave again? That was rather random, IMHO.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:26 PM   #11
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltiC5-27 View Post
Well notice how he looked at Eddie. I still have a feeling Reverse Flash is Eddie from the future but I'm not sure who or what that makes Wells.
This is what I was thinking last night. It totally makes sense that Eddie is future Reverse Flash, but I don't know what role Wells plays in it, especially considering that he had the ring.

I missed the last couple of minutes because my DVR cut out to record Agents of Shield, so I don't know what became of that scene.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:28 PM   #12
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
One thing I didn't like about this episode...the whole thing with Ronnie felt tacked on. It had pretty much nothing to do with whatever else was going on, yet CONVENIENTLY Ronnie (who wanted them to stop tracking him) showed up just at the right time to blast Reverse Flash?! Then leave again? That was rather random, IMHO.
Ronnie's entire involvement on this show screams "spin-off."
Old 12-10-2014, 04:37 PM   #13
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

They said they were gonna make a tv justice league.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:48 PM   #14
Mister Ed

I'm wondering if maybe Wells makes Eddie into Reverse Flash at some point, unwillingly. Or perhaps willingly, but with consequences that Wells knew about but Eddie didn't. I have this feeling that, perhaps, Reverse Flash is STUCK in high speed, that the blurry image we see is as far as he can SLOW DOWN. Tachyons are theoretical particles that have lightspeed as their LOWER limit (as I understand it). At some point in the future Wells may offer the Reverse Flash suit to an Eddie that is upset by Iris dropping him for Barry, knows that Barry is the Flash, and wants a way to one up Barry on speed, but Wells doesn't make him aware of the fact that, using the tachyon powered suit will make it impossible for him to ever truly slow down.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:05 PM   #15
Booster Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
What, you didn't see that coming since the series debuted?
Nope I was sure Eddie was going to be Reverse Flash

Old 12-10-2014, 05:08 PM   #16
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster Beetle View Post
Nope I was sure Eddie was going to be Reverse Flash
I still think he might be.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:09 PM   #17
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

It was pretty cool seeing Barry get his ass handed to him.

Perhaps Iris is the face that launched a thousand ships.

Barry's mom had to die.

Darth_Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 05:18 PM   #18
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Eddie is future Reverse Flash, probably created by Dr. Wells, who seems obsessed with harnessing Barry's speed. I would guess that Wells created RF, and he's stuck moving through time from the tachyon technology, so Eddie wanted to kill him for his betrayal, or withholding the truth of what would happen to him.

The red and yellow lightning is Flash going back in time (somehow) to stop Reverse Flash from killing his mom. I would guess that they're going to use this as some sort of Crisis angle.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:20 PM   #19
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Well, there is that newspaper headline that says

Old 12-10-2014, 05:24 PM   #20
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
I would guess that Wells created RF, and he's stuck moving through time from the tachyon technology, so Eddie wanted to kill him for his betrayal, or withholding the truth of what would happen to him.
The only wrinkle to the bolded part is that after RF steals the tachyon device, Wells ends up with it. So if Wells isn't RF (and I still don't think he is), either a.) RF is working with him, the beating was part of an act, and he delivered the tachyon device to Wells afterward, or b.) the tachyon device used to bait the trap was NOT the real tachyon device, which Wells had set aside somewhere else, or even c.) the real tachyon device IS used to bait the trap, but due to time travel weirdness, Wells possesses the same device obtained from somewhere else along the timeline.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:27 PM   #21
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Last edited by Darth_Primus; 12-10-2014 at 05:30 PM.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:29 PM   #22
IonFan
Forum Member

*got to see this episode too at my brothers last night*

i'm thinking we'll see a FP storyline sometime down the line (maybe even season full of it), no way in h@ll would Barry let his mom die without even trying to save her, so yeah we're getting a FP story

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k the "Deep-State" and screw all the fake news, one year in and I still support our President one
Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 05:57 PM   #23
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I'm wondering if maybe Wells makes Eddie into Reverse Flash at some point, unwillingly. Or perhaps willingly, but with consequences that Wells knew about but Eddie didn't. I have this feeling that, perhaps, Reverse Flash is STUCK in high speed, that the blurry image we see is as far as he can SLOW DOWN. Tachyons are theoretical particles that have lightspeed as their LOWER limit (as I understand it). At some point in the future Wells may offer the Reverse Flash suit to an Eddie that is upset by Iris dropping him for Barry, knows that Barry is the Flash, and wants a way to one up Barry on speed, but Wells doesn't make him aware of the fact that, using the tachyon powered suit will make it impossible for him to ever truly slow down.
When firestorm blasted rf he was shown unblurry. I don't know if it was intentional or not.

I think the blurryness is just to hide the identity from barry as it is someone he knows.

The red herring was wells saying merry xmas with the echoed voice.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:24 PM   #24
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

It just seems to me since the series started that Wells is just a persona, and that he's Eobbard Thawne from the future. Eddie is his great, great, great, great grandfather. I'm expecting there to be some point where Edie's life is in peril, and Wells is going to have to do something ridiculous to save him to ensure his existence doesn't get wiped out.

Wells whole scheme involves making sure events happen so that he gets to the point where that newspaper is describing Barry's death in the Crisis. I think Eddie is just an ancestor that has to play his life out a certain way.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:30 PM   #25
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

So Barry's mom had to die for the same reason Bruce Wayne's parents did?