The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics

Old 10-18-2017, 05:51 PM   #26
BLACK HAND
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

It looks a lot more sci-fi than what I was expecting, but I think that's the direction they are sending the character in the comics. They teased that Wakanda would become a space empire in the future in the Marvel Legacy comic. I don't feel very compelled to go see this one, might skip it and wait for the home release. I think Thor looks fun too but feeling a bit of the super hero movie burnout.
BLACK HAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 03:25 AM   #27
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Figure everyone's seen it by now but:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-26-2017, 02:38 PM   #28
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

I thought I posted that. Super excited. Looks like it'll be a dark and twisted as Legion. Should be interesting to see how a "team" is formed if it is at all.
Old 10-31-2017, 04:48 AM   #29
robojac
Senior Corps Member

Tyler Bates To Score ‘Deadpool 2’

Quote:
Tyler Bates has been tapped to score the upcoming superhero comedy sequel Deadpool 2. The film is directed by David Leitch and stars Ryan Reynolds in the title role, Josh Brolin as Cable, as well as Morena Baccarin, Leslie Uggams, Brianna Hildebrand, Stefan Kapičić, Shioli Kutsuna, Julian Dennison, Eddie Marsan, Zazie Beetz and Jack Kesy. Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick (Zombieland) who scripted the original movie wrote the screenplay. Simon Kinberg (X-Men: Days of Future Past, The Martian), Lauren Shuler Donner (X-Men, Logan) and Reynolds return as the project’s producers. Bates has previously collaborated with Leitch on the first John Wick movie and this year’s Atomic Blonde. The original Deadpool movie directed by Tim Miller was scored by Junkie XL (aka Tom Holkenborg). Deadpool 2 will be released on June 1, 2018 by 20th Century Fox.

Bates (Guardians of the Galaxy, 300, Watchmen, Dawn of the Dead) also has Marvel’s Netflix series The Punisher (set to premiere on November 17), Emilio Estevez’s drama The Public, as well as the action thriller 24 Hours to Live (to be released on November 3 on Ultra VOD and in select theaters on December 1) coming up. He also continues to score Fox’s The Exorcist and AT&T Audience Network’s Kingdom.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2017/10...re-deadpool-2/
robojac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 02:36 PM   #30
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Shoutout to Emilio Estevez!
Old 10-31-2017, 09:06 PM   #31
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Estavez is literally the most profitable actor in the country. For every dollar invested in him, you earn six back. Makes Dwayne Johnson, George Clooney, Mel Gibson, and all the others look like amateurs.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:11 PM   #32
W.West

He also gave us The Mighty Ducks trilogy which is second only to the Toy Story trilogy.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:19 AM   #33
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Disney ends ban on LA Times amid fierce backlash
Old 11-10-2017, 01:08 AM   #34
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Old 11-10-2017, 02:47 AM   #35
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

Eh. I don’t hate it.

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 04:00 AM   #36
W.West

Mahmund is just awful with the costumes. I don't know if he designed that or the horrible New52 Supergirl costume he was drawing, but he seems to continuously get attached to shit draws if that's not the case.

Like with all X-books, it depends entirely on the creative team. I tried to read Taylor's Wolverine but never got very far with it.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:39 PM   #37
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

I may love the X-Men, but I'm not gonna be loving that series very much at all.
Old 11-11-2017, 03:49 PM   #38
W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
Mahmund is just awful with the costumes. I don't know if he designed that or the horrible New52 Supergirl costume he was drawing, but he seems to continuously get attached to shit draws if that's not the case.

Like with all X-books, it depends entirely on the creative team. I tried to read Taylor's Wolverine but never got very far with it.
Update: That is 100% an mahmund design. Sigh
Old 11-11-2017, 10:15 PM   #39
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

If she's not gonna be Phoenix why bother bringing her back? I don't understand Marvel's need to have their cake and eat it too with two versions of everyone running around. They brought the original five X-Men to the present because they wanted to modernize them, make Bobby gay, let Beast be non-hairy [that transformation happened on his time during Avengers BTW], start over with Angel, and have a version of Jean again... now they're bringing adult Jean back just to lead ANOTHER team of X-Men?!?

Marvel just needs to hit the reset button already and start the whole line over again. The X-Men are unrecognizable and a half dozen Spider-people only cheapens the value of the real Spiderman [who they're not handling right either IMHO]. And for all of their Avengers related titles and other solo monthlies... I can't name a single one off the top of my head I'm even remotely interested in.

~//V\\~
Old 11-12-2017, 04:04 AM   #40
W.West

How can you say start over but complain that they just wanted to modernize the X-men?

Also, there's no reason to modernize the X-Men, when they were already adults in the modern world. lol They should make Jean a leader because she's never been the leader. I don't like Jean, but if they're going to have her around then fuck it. Have her do something special. Jean will still have powers and its not a Jean book, so we'll have other mutants to keep us interested.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:19 AM   #41
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

I feel like they should kill off the Old Jean and resurrect the Young Jean.

Yes, it makes more sense than half the shit going on right now. It'd sell.
Old 11-12-2017, 02:14 PM   #42
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
How can you say start over but complain that they just wanted to modernize the X-men?

Also, there's no reason to modernize the X-Men, when they were already adults in the modern world. lol They should make Jean a leader because she's never been the leader. I don't like Jean, but if they're going to have her around then fuck it. Have her do something special. Jean will still have powers and its not a Jean book, so we'll have other mutants to keep us interested.
They turned the X-Men into an unrecognizable franchise to get SJW points across the board, and then thought doing it with other titles would make the initial move suck less. I think rebooting the entire line could get us back to simpler stories with histories being a lot less convoluted, and if they want to integrate some of the better parts of ANAD Marvel then do so in a more natural way instead of one thing after the other changing for a solid two years until a specific amount of heroes and villains are gender/ethnicity/sexuality swapped. I'm a fan of female Thor and understand she has fans, so two or three arcs into a rebooted Thor let's have something like Battle of the Hammer with a reborn Thunderstrike, Beta Ray Bill, Thor, and introduce female Thor to take the hammer and roll with it for awhile.

Marvel could learn from DC's last couple power plays. They can determine what worked in the beginning of the New52 and what was done better with Rebirth and apply that to their universe. Instead we get super convoluted stories, multiple versions of the same character [you can't build a legacy with two versions of the same character and just make one younger], tons of spin off titles nobody asked for, the moronic 'patchwork planet' concept, and last but certainly not least... they got rid of the Fantastic Four!

Marvel simply needs somebody who cares enough about the comics to do with them what's being done with the Marvel/Disney films. Trim the fat, find a fresh starting point, and tie it into everything else being done in some form or fashion.

Imagine 50-65 new #1's for Marvel and instead of a stupid gimmick like Pandora... imagine Uatu the Watcher showing up in the background before something big happens with him a year later. Or maybe a member of the Council of Reeds in every issue in the background... there's just so many ways Marvel could knock this out of the park.

Anything is better than half a dozen Spiderman spin-offs, sub par Avengers titles, a world without the F4, unrecognizable X-Men, and a dozen heroes gender/ethnicity/sexuality swapped in record time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
I feel like they should kill off the Old Jean and resurrect the Young Jean.

Yes, it makes more sense than half the shit going on right now. It'd sell.
They already killed Young Jean? If so IDK why they think bringing old Jean back and making her the leader of another X team would be any better. IMHO the whole line sucks pretty bad right now.

~//V\\~
Old 11-12-2017, 03:20 PM   #43
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by -//V\\- View Post
They already killed Young Jean?
No. I'm making a comment that critiques the inane actions being done in Marvel comics of some time now.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:32 PM   #44
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Jean Grey needs a code name like the others. Marvel should run a contest and let the fans come up with one.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 06:59 PM   #45
BLACK HAND
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

Have they backed away completely from labeling her Marvel Girl now?

I don't know it's been a very long time since I've read an X-men comic.
BLACK HAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 04:35 PM   #46
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Guess initial returns on Marvel Legacy weren't great..Axel Alonso out, C.B. Cebulski in as EIC.
Old 11-17-2017, 04:58 PM   #47
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Do you mean the overall Legacy trend Marvel is having, or the one-shot they put out?

Can't believe that Alonso would be out, dude's been in charge for ages it seems like.
Old 11-18-2017, 02:15 AM   #48
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
Do you mean the overall Legacy trend Marvel is having, or the one-shot they put out?

Can't believe that Alonso would be out, dude's been in charge for ages it seems like.
Not the one shot, the line wide revamp they've been doing, was suppose to be their version of Rebirth but given Alonso is being shown the door I think it's safe to say that it's nowhere near as successful.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:42 AM   #49
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

You guys post Marvel movie news here so...

James Franco to Star in Multiple Man solo film?!?

Multiple Man... probably my favorite Marvel character... IS GETTING HIS OWN MOVIE?!?

I couldn't be happier for this. Or the fact one of my favorite actors is gonna star. Wasn't there a mention he'd be in Deadpool 2 along with another random X-character?

~//V\\~
Old 11-29-2017, 03:36 PM   #50
IonFan
Forum Member

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k the "Deep-State" and screw all the fake news, one year in and I still support our President one
Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote