The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics

Old 12-13-2017, 06:43 PM   #51
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Did any one watch the last episode of "The Gifted?"

We got this: https://ewedit.files.wordpress.com/2...bug4322cr6.jpg

Which, of course, is the live action version of this: https://static0.cbrimages.com/wp-con...d-cuckoos2.jpg

Which was my OMG fanboy moment as I thought I never seen that in live action, at least not any time soon. The fact that it dropped into The Gifted and it was beautifully set up made me so happy. I mean, I was somewhat annoyed and bothered by the insistence of the certain character's motivation as it jeopardized everything. Now, it makes total sense and has raised the bar for this show for me.

Last edited by Darth_Primus; 12-13-2017 at 06:58 PM.
Darth_Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 08:05 PM   #52
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

yea, that's wat I was thinking too; was also rather surprised by how bloodbath-y that eps ended (altho she seemed kinda on the sketchy side from the start, so I was thinking she might be a "Hound" in disguise....)

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:42 PM   #53
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Yeah, it would be have crazy on a different level to have that character be a "hound." But I'm glad it went the route it did.

Old 12-13-2017, 11:25 PM   #54
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

The last episode of Agents of SHIELD introduced the idea of a multiverse and made a 616 reference.

Old 12-13-2017, 11:37 PM   #55
Gray Lantern
Senior Corps Member

Yeah, that episode of the Gifted was great. I knew Esme was leading up to something, but I had no idea how brutal it would all turn out. I really hope this show gets another season.
Old 12-13-2017, 11:40 PM   #56
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

yeah, it's going to be interesting to see if "The Gifted" and "Legion" returns if that deal between Disney/Fox goes through, let along if it doesn't.

Old 12-14-2017, 12:06 AM   #57
Gray Lantern
Senior Corps Member

Considering both of them are currently co-productions with Marvel anyway, I'm pretty optimistic about it. Disney pressed ABC to keep Agent of Shield, so it might even work to the Gifted's benefit if Fox is on the fence about renewing.

The MCU is already pretty well established. Unless they move forward with a multiverse, I don't see how mutants can be integrated. If this deal goes through, the Fantastic Four and all the related villains would be the big thing I'd expect crop up in the MCU.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:34 AM   #58
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

I'll care about Agents of SHIELD when they introduce a character I *really* like. Jim Hammond would be cool to see, and he always holds the highest respect in the Marvel U. because he was the guy to kill Hitler.

It'd be dope for Disney to get rights to the F4 with Phase 4 movies coming after Infinity War. However I think if rumors of James Franco playing Multiple Man are true we might finally be getting a shared universe for the X-Men/F4 characters as Multiple Man first appeared as a villain in the Fantastic Four comics before becoming heroic and affiliated with the X-Men. I'd love to see Fox get the F4 right, since they're finally doing stuff with the other X films people care about justice.

Multiple Man is arguably my favorite Marvel character, so as cool as it would be for Disney to buy out Fox... I'd rather see the latter keep the rights and keep trying new stuff with their X-films.

~//V\\~
Old 12-14-2017, 03:41 PM   #59
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Disney Buys 21st Century Fox for $52.4 Billion; Will Take Control of Most Fox Assets

Quote:
Last month, we learned there were on-again, off-again talks for Disney to purchase 21st Century Fox. Then Comcast became a suitor, dropped out, and now it looks like Disney has emerged as the corporate behemoth that will become even larger due to the acquisitions. Variety reports that The Walt Disney Company has “set a $52.4 billion, all-stock deal to acquire 20th Century Fox and other entertainment and sports assets from Rupert Murdoch’s empire.” Disney chairman-CEO Bob Iger has extended his contract to the end of 2021 to oversee the transition. Disney expects regulatory review of acquisition to take about 18 months.

Since Disney can’t double up on certain entities, “21st Century Fox will spinoff Fox Broadcasting Co., Fox Sports, Fox News, Fox Television Stations and a handful of other assets into a new company that will have revenue of $10 billion and earnings of about $2.8 billion. The 20th Century Fox lot in Century City will also remain with the spinoff Fox company.” So that means ESPN, ABC News, ABC, etc. stay with Disney.

So why make the purchase? First, Fox was going to be for sale no matter what. It was in debt and the Murdochs were no longer interested in managing a media conglomerate of Fox’s size. Meanwhile, Disney, reading the landscape correctly that content providers will be king in the decades to come, needed more content. They’re looking to increase their streaming footprint, and now they have 20th Century Fox movies and TV shows to provide both in terms of a back catalog and in terms of future projects. Additionally, Disney has acquired Fox’s share in Hulu, which makes Disney the majority owner of Hulu. This could set Hulu on the path to seriously challenging Netflix’s supremacy in the streaming space.

For the fanboys, yes, it also means that Disney would own the X-Men and Fantastic Four, thus bringing both into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Again, it will take about 18 months for the deal to get approved by the government and Marvel Studios already has their slate laid out to the end of Phase 3. Additionally, based on the reaction to X-Men: Dark Phoenix or New Mutants, it’s possible that Disney may want to keep Fox’s “continuity doesn’t matter” strategy intact. That being said, I wouldn’t be surprised if Doctor Doom became the new big bad of the MCU following the events of Avengers 4.

Additionally, Disney would now own all the Star Wars movies. They previously lacked the rights to A New Hope, but now the studio would own all the movies and could conceivably release non-special editions or 4K versions of every movie. Obviously, Star Wars is big business for Disney and they’re not going to let any part of the property go without maximizing its profits.

And yet despite these nice concessions, it all feels like a major loss for consumers. Hundreds of employees will probably lose their jobs due to redundancies, uber-wealthy people will become even wealthier, and now there’s one less studio where people can pitch competing properties. We don’t know yet know how Disney will manage Fox. Will Fox still be able to make R-rated movies? What happens to Fox Searchlight? Some may give Disney the benefit of the doubt and assume everything will be fine, they’ll do whatever they can to maximize profits, etc. But the fact of the matter is that corporate consolidation rarely benefits consumers.

There’s also the Fox side of the equation, and it will be interesting to see what the Murdochs do with Fox broadcasting (chances are it will be filled with reality TV and conservative-leaning news programs) or how they proceed from here. Additionally, there are consequences we just can’t know about a deal of this size, and we won’t have a better lay of the land for months to come.

Old 12-14-2017, 05:52 PM   #60
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Old 12-14-2017, 06:26 PM   #61
IonFan
Forum Member

well now Disney controls what we watch, therefore one could stay that one day they control how we think......................if your not scared about that i don't know what to say to ya

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k the "Deep-State" and screw all the fake news, one year in and I still support our President one
Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 01:41 PM   #62
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Old 12-15-2017, 10:25 PM   #63
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

https://www.theatlantic.com/business...ry-fox/548492/

Saw a link to this earlier, and that picture just reminded me of it.
Old 12-18-2017, 11:05 PM   #64
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

13YO Jim Lee draws Wolverine (1977)

Damn, this kid is solid! If he keeps at it, he might one day amount to something!
Old 12-18-2017, 11:13 PM   #65
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

I'm curious if, now that Disney owns Fox, we'll get the old, familiar 20th Century Fox fanfare back at the beginning of Star Wars movies going forward...
Old 12-19-2017, 04:58 PM   #66
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I doubt that will happen. To be honest, I don't miss it. The Lucasfilm logo works just as well.

Old 12-21-2017, 06:15 PM   #67
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Reaction to the Black Panther poster:

https://www.facebook.com/LeeColston/...9560415715391/

"This is what white people get to feel like ALL THE TIME?!!!!"

“If this is what you feel like all the time, I would love this country too! ”

#AllTheTime

Old 12-21-2017, 08:29 PM   #68
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
I doubt that will happen. To be honest, I don't miss it. The Lucasfilm logo works just as well.
They always had the Lucasfilm logo, they just used to have the Fox fanfare as well.

I'm really joking (mostly), but I can honestly say that for me, as a kid, that Fox fanfare felt like part of the Star Wars score.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:11 PM   #69
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

So over on Reddit, user MeatSauced has figured out how to watch all the Marvel films in chronological order.

Here you go:

Watch the first 10 minutes of Thor 2
After that, take out the DVD of Thor 2 and put Thor 1 in. Watch the beggining and as asgard arrives on scene hit stop and go fetch captain america 1.
Watch captain america up until the last minute and then take the DVD out, don’t lose it as you’ll need it later.
Start watching guardians of the galaxy vol. 2 and stop after CGI Kurt Russel.
After guardians 2 start guardians 1 (yes) watch the first 5 minutes.
Take out the DVD and play the first few minutes of Ant-Man.
Now take out Ant-Man and play Avengers Age of Ultron, close your eyes and forward it until the scene showing black widow’s past. Watch those 30 seconds and then immediately take it out.
Now go find Captain America Civil War and watch the beggining with Bucky.
After that, you can finally rest from all the dvd switching and watch Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, and Iron Man 2 in peace.
Now it’s Doctor Strange time. Watch it until the point where he starts his training.
now go find Captain America again and play the final minute you missed.
Watch a scene from Doctor Strange.
After that, play Thor until the end.
Watch another Doctor Strange scene.
Now it’s finally time to happily watch the Avengers, you earned it after all that hard work.
Watch the first few minutes of Spiderman Homecoming.
More Doctor Strange.
Watch Iron Man 3.
Whoops, seems you need to watch another scene with Doctor Strange.
Watch the rest of Thor The Dark World.
Next is... you guessed it, Doctor Strange.
Watch Captain America The Winter Soldier.
Doctor Strange, this is the last one, I promise.
Watch the rest of Guardians of the Galaxy.
Watch the rest of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.
Just kidding, you need to watch a little bit more of DS.
Watch Avengers Age of Ultron.
Watch the rest of Ant-Man.
Watch the rest of Captain America Civil War.
Now by this point you are pretty fed up with changing to Doctor Strange and the disk is kind of scratched from all that changing, but you still have to finish it so put it back in the DVD and watch the rest.
Throw DS in the garbage can and catch your breath, but here comes the hard part; Thor Ragnarok and Spiderman happen simultaneously so this is what you are going to do: Put the Spiderman DVD in first and watch one milisecond, now hit stop and take the DVD out, now place Thor in and watch one milisecond from that movie, now take it out and start watching spiderman for another milisecond, repeat this process while you reevaluate your life choices and cry to yourself regretting ever started this madness, but there is no going back, you are determined to watch the MCU in the correct order. As the years pass and you are not even halfway through watching those movies you begin contemplating suicide, but you suck it up and keep on watching, your whole life has gone into switching between those two DVDs, you’ve lost your family, your friends, you are soon losing your mind as the main menu theme songs from those two movies are all you ever listen to in your head. Over time, the DVDs break from all the changing, so you spend your life savings on buying new spiderman homecoming and Thor: Ragnarok DVDs. Your electricity is cut out from not paying your bills, because you don’t work anymore, it can’t get in the way of what’s really important. You keep on finding new places to watch your movies. Decades pass and you are now a homeless old man, but you finally finish the movies. You bask in the moment and cry tears of happiness all while the weight of your actions finally crashes on you. You’ve spent your entire life on this, you start losing your sense of purpose but deep inside you know what your next task is.
As you start looking for black panther, you realize how long you’ve been in your current state. After so many years, Disney has bought every form of media on earth and are currently at phase 27 of the MCU. They have also made everything that has ever been on a screen canonically part of the MCU to maximise the box office earnings of every single new film that comes out (including Star Wars, which is currently filming episode XLVII). This is too much for you to handle, as you realize that you never even watched the MCU in the correct order, you should have started watching the phantom menace. You have let the internet down and failed your only purpose in life, so now there is only one option now. As you wait shivering in the cold rain you try to remember life before starting this madness, but all you see is spiderman and thor. You can’t even remember if you had kids, a wife, your parents or old friends. You start crying as you realize you lived such a terrible and empty life. You take out a gun from your bag, and put the barrel in your mouth, you take a final breath before pulling the trigger, ending your life.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:22 AM   #70
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Marvel's Runaways Renewed for 2nd Season

this show was surprisingly good. There was probably only one or two iffy episodes all season.

Noah Hawley Hasn't Heard Anything from FOX or Disney about his DOOM Movie

Reportedly Drew Goddard’s ‘X-Force’ Movie Is Still On Track Following The Disney/Fox Merger
Old 01-10-2018, 01:36 AM   #71
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

"Deadpool" Director Tim Miller Developing Solo ‘Kitty Pryde’ Movie at Fox
Old 01-10-2018, 06:38 PM   #72
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...nt-care-nurses

Quote:
Marvel creator Stan Lee denies sexual harassment of care nurses

Allegations that the 95-year-old comics writer behaved inappropriately towards carers have been described as defamatory by his lawyer

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:26 PM   #73
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Old 01-11-2018, 12:41 AM   #74
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Old 01-11-2018, 06:53 PM   #75
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe