Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Sector 0
FLASHCHAT

Sector 0

Old 06-12-2012, 09:18 PM   #101
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
You know I could've sworn I read a post on this forum a little while ago where someone heard a rumor that he would be leaving New Guardians for Wonder Woman after September, wonder if that actually pans out.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:55 PM   #102
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

As long as he wants it to.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #103
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
As long as he wants it to.
Well I mean it also depends on if DC wants Chiang off that book.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:56 AM   #104
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
Well I mean it also depends on if DC wants Chiang off that book.
Wonder Woman is doing the best she's done in decades. If Chiang(and/or Azzarello) leaves its of their own doing. Chiang's page rate isn't that high that they have to get him off to justify the sale rank.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:08 AM   #105
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Wonder Woman is doing the best she's done in decades. If Chiang(and/or Azzarello) leaves its of their own doing. Chiang's page rate isn't that high that they have to get him off to justify the sale rank.
The series is still critically acclaimed sure but after staying stable sales wise for a couple of months it's been dropping (not by much but dropping nonetheless), plus I believe that Azzarello said he would be comfortable with leaving the book after a year even though he still has other plans for Wonder Woman. So while personally I agree that it would be a mistake to take Chiang and/or Azzarello off the book, I wouldn't exactly be shocked if DC made that decision.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:30 AM   #106
GreenLantern888
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to GreenLantern888 Send a message via MSN to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Yahoo to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Skype™ to GreenLantern888

Wondering if New Guardians real cover will have an Indigo Tribe member apart of it? I mean with the Tribe still around the New Guardians should have one.

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU
GreenLantern888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:35 AM   #107
Mosaic
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
ok that first image of the new gl imo isnt john
I hope so. Because this outfit defies all principles John stands for. John Stewart would never wear a mask, especially a mask which covers his whole head.

If it's a new Earth Green Lantern I hope this will be only temporary. We have enough Earth GL we don't need another. Before brining up another Lantern they should give John Stewart his own book goddammit!
Mosaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:23 AM   #108
Tommy Boy
Hal's Understudy

Mark it down, I'm calling it here.

The Green Ski Mask IS John.

Shunned by the Guardians (as seen in GLC10), he receives a ring from either Sinestro or Hal, based on however GL shakes out heading into Trinity War. Either that or he gets Guy's ring after it's stripped from him for breaking John out of the pokey.

Either way, given all the exposition in GLC between Guy and John about having normal lives, John comes back home and hides his identity this time, but carries whatever weakness is present in the ring (which leads me to believe it's a Hal/Sinestro copy), hence the sidearm. Plus, as we've seen, John is more than proficient, having multiple instances of making gun constructs consistent with his service background.

Be sure and shower me with accolades when it's revealed that I'm right.
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #109
GreenLantern888
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to GreenLantern888 Send a message via MSN to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Yahoo to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Skype™ to GreenLantern888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
Mark it down, I'm calling it here.

The Green Ski Mask IS John.

Shunned by the Guardians (as seen in GLC10), he receives a ring from either Sinestro or Hal, based on however GL shakes out heading into Trinity War. Either that or he gets Guy's ring after it's stripped from him for breaking John out of the pokey.

Either way, given all the exposition in GLC between Guy and John about having normal lives, John comes back home and hides his identity this time, but carries whatever weakness is present in the ring (which leads me to believe it's a Hal/Sinestro copy), hence the sidearm. Plus, as we've seen, John is more than proficient, having multiple instances of making gun constructs consistent with his service background.

Be sure and shower me with accolades when it's revealed that I'm right.

And the Arabic tattoo is just to throw people off? Though honestly I would probably like it better than creating a new GL with a personality extremely similar to John.

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU
GreenLantern888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #110
Mosaic

On the DC Homepage it says:

PROLOGUE TO THE THIRD ARMY!
The introduction and origin of a surprising new Green Lantern!

John is there since 1972.

But we all know that for for Geoff Johns and Dan Didio old means new.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #111
Gauntlet101010
Alpha-Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosaic View Post
On the DC Homepage it says:

PROLOGUE TO THE THIRD ARMY!
The introduction and origin of a surprising new Green Lantern!

John is there since 1972.

But we all know that for for Geoff Johns and Dan Didio old means new.
In fairness they've been known to make false statements in previews to throw people off.

Still, it certainly looks like it's a new GL. Unless they're adding further diversity by making John a Muslim.
Gauntlet101010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:57 PM   #112
Space Cop
The Dandy

I think it's a new GL. Bruce knows John but he doesn't know this character and I don't see any reason why DC should be wrong in its preview except that John is black. That's literally the whole reason people are saying it.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #113
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauntlet101010 View Post
In fairness they've been known to make false statements in previews to throw people off.

Still, it certainly looks like it's a new GL. Unless they're adding further diversity by making John a Muslim.
i think its more for hype if anything

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:38 PM   #114
Gauntlet101010
Alpha-Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
I think it's a new GL. Bruce knows John but he doesn't know this character and I don't see any reason why DC should be wrong in its preview except that John is black. That's literally the whole reason people are saying it.
My mind also connects the gun to John. Of course John uses construct guns, but that's another reason my mind makes a connection. Also, this'll make ANOTHER Earth GL in the mix.

But that's just devil's advocate agreements, I don't think they're the same guy.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #115
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Dont assume what Batman knows. That info changes info week.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:30 PM   #116
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
Dont assume what Batman knows. That info changes info week.
Oh, c'mon. Batman is always supposed to know EVERYTHING. (Except maybe the members of his own family, apparently.)

More seriously, though, it would be a big stretch to imagine that he DOESN'T know all the current GLs from Earth, if not personally at least by the contents of his inevitable dossier.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #117
Mosaic

Quote:
Does a green glowing tattoo with some arab gibberish automatically make you a muslim?? And since when does it care which religion or belief a superhero has, except Azrael of course, that's unimportant for storytelling. If they decided to bring in a Muslim. I have to ask. For what?

Nevertheless. If that's so, then be it. But I have fucking big problem with that mask. No Earth Lantern runs around like mexican pro wrestler.

Some of the looks reminds me of Blue Beetle. But maybe I'm only imagining things..

And that gun does not look like a construct.

Last edited by Mosaic; 06-21-2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #118
Gauntlet101010
Alpha-Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosaic View Post
Does a green glowing tattoo with some arab gibberish automatically make you a muslim?? And since when does it care which religion or belief a superhero has, except Azrael of course, that's unimportant for storytelling. If they decided to bring in a Muslim. I have to ask. For what?

Nevertheless. If that's so, then be it. But I have fucking big problem with that mask. No Earth Lantern runs around like mexican pro wrestler.

Some of the looks reminds me of Blue Beetle. But maybe I'm only imagining things..

And that gun does not look like a construct.
It doesn't I suppose, but it's not like this is an especially deep comic. It's one reason John could suddenly have a glowing green tattoo.

Not that it's an especially great reason. I don't really think this is John. But it's one way this could possibly be John.

Why make him a Muslim? Why make Alan gay? Why make Nick Fury black? Do any of these changes matter? That's a whole 'nother thread.

And I never said the gun looked like a construct. Why even bring that up?
Old 06-21-2012, 10:53 PM   #119
Mosaic

Quote:
And I never said the gun looked like a construct. Why even bring that up?
I know. That wasn't a reply to your post.

Quote:
Why make him a Muslim? Why make Alan gay? Why make Nick Fury black? Do any of these changes matter? That's a whole 'nother thread.
Yep
Old 06-22-2012, 06:46 AM   #120
Mechinoid
Hal's Understudy

Well, not saying it's John or not, but to help the devil's advocate role, remember this is the Nu52, John hasn't been in the JL apparently, and Guy didn't know Martian, so it could easily be this version of Batman doesn't know enough of John to recognize his fighting style under the mask to tell who he is.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:44 PM   #121
Mosaic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechinoid View Post
Well, not saying it's John or not, but to help the devil's advocate role, remember this is the Nu52, John hasn't been in the JL apparently, and Guy didn't know Martian, so it could easily be this version of Batman doesn't know enough of John to recognize his fighting style under the mask to tell who he is.
Th Nu52 is the greatest crap in DC History, ever. Totally clueless. Only a marketing scheme. I'm disinterested in what goes on in the DC Universe than never before. Only the Green Lantern books prevent me from dropping DC permanently.

Last edited by Mosaic; 06-22-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:01 PM   #122
Jack-O-Lantern
Master Customizer

The new Earth GL should have been a woman. Total bullshit on this new character. He's clearly not John, but I bet he does get John's ring.
Jack-O-Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:27 PM   #123
A_Q Lantern
Corpse Trainee

Maybe his John from alternate world?! We will learn the final fate of John in Glc 12! Death is lurking John and black hand will recruit him and he will seek revenge on Guardians for his harsh punishment? Oh dc dont kill John!
Old 06-22-2012, 06:50 PM   #124
Mosaic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
The new Earth GL should have been a woman..
I agree with that. Another nice idea for an Earth GL was that big blue whale like in the short series: The End (or was it The Death) of Animal Man. That was really creative. But I too think, we have enough male human presence here. A woman (like Jade back in the days) would be the only additional Earth Lantern, I could live with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
He's clearly not John, but I bet he does get John's ring.
If I look at the nu52 crap that's very likely.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #125
Mosaic

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Q Lantern View Post
Oh dc dont kill John!
If DC kills John permanently. I'm done with DC, that's a promise.