The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Movies & TV
FLASHCHAT

Movies and TV

Old 01-15-2020, 07:11 PM   #76
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Yeah, I smiled like a kid with an ice cream cone throughout the whole Marv Wolfman scene.
Michael Heide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 07:19 PM   #77
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

I would've loved
the surprise cameo by Ezra Miller as Barry Allen... except for the fact that I emphatically hate his take on the character. Couldn't we have gotten somebody else from the DCEU?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 08:06 PM   #78
Parrylakks
Anti-Monitor

It sounds like all of the cameos were only paid the minimum per diem, which is only like $800 or something, so he was probably the only one willing to show up. That's the important thing to remember, really; all of the cameos that we saw were from people who genuinely loved their roles (or were stock footage as per the finale) because none of them were being given big pay outs.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:38 PM   #79
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I would've loved
the surprise cameo by Ezra Miller as Barry Allen... except for the fact that I emphatically hate his take on the character. Couldn't we have gotten somebody else from the DCEU?
They never really explained how they could meet. Probably Speed Force related, and it might even tie into that Flashpoint movie - if that ever sees the light of day. With that in mind, it makes sense that it wasn't Aquaman or Harley.
Old 01-16-2020, 04:41 AM   #80
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

The Miller cameo was SWEET, despite my lukewarm feelings to that version of the character. Seeing the GLC confirmed in the new Arrowverse wasn't exactly what I wanted, but at least it's another sign that WB isn't running from GL's legacy. Also, the clash with the Anti-Monitor turned out to be better than I expected. This crossover was worth the wait.

All that being said....Gleek. Oh boy.
Old 01-16-2020, 07:01 AM   #81
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Yeesh... finished this up today. Definitely some fleeting "moments" in here (none of them meshing organically with the whole)... but this wasn't good. This was cheap and corny and poorly written and stitched together.

The two big battle royales... the first one fought in kind of a muddy plain with bumps that's supposed to be the Anti-Matter Universe. The second, in what looks like a big empty parking lot. And Giant Anti-Monitor looked appallingly bad and PS2 FMV-like, even compared to the giant CGI stuff Legends of Tomorrow was doing like 4 years ago.

Making Oliver the Spectre didn't really pay off enough, either. I mean, it did in the sense that it enabled him to believably "fight" the Anti-Monitor... but he never seemed like the Spectre. And just when we kind of start to understand him as it... dead.

Was it just me, or did Superman himself only speak about 3 words the whole last couple of episodes? His whole thing in the last episode -- and I shouldn't be surprised -- was to become imperiled by the Anti-Monitor so that Supergirl was preparing to sacrifice herself to save him. And the ending with the female president telling us about the "brave women and men"... c'mon.

I liked the unifying of the CW worlds, that was smart and well handled. Though you can kind of see where they're positioning things going forward. After Flash ends, it's going to be...

Supergirl: Female lead, strong LGTBQ presence.

Batwoman: LGBTQ female lead.

Black Lightning: Black lead, strong LGBTQ presence.

Legends of Tomorrow: Diversity, Inc.

Superman & Lois: Unless everything we've ever seen with this Superman is thrown out the window, it's going to be, "Witness the REAL hero behind Superman... a woman -- Lois!"

And probably...

The Atom: Asian lead.
Old 01-16-2020, 07:12 AM   #82
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
. After Flash ends, it's going to be...

Supergirl: Female lead, strong LGTBQ presence.

Legends of Tomorrow: Diversity, Inc.
Flash is the healthiest show in the Arrowverse. Supergirl and Legends will go before Flash does, possibly long before Flash ends.
Old 01-16-2020, 07:47 AM   #83
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
Flash is the healthiest show in the Arrowverse. Supergirl and Legends will go before Flash does, possibly long before Flash ends.
Flash is bleeding viewers pretty heavily as well, almost at the same rate. Luckily, it has more of a base... but still dropping consistently. And even if it stays afloat... will Gustin really want to be like Amell and do Flash season 8?
Old 01-16-2020, 12:01 PM   #84
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Flash is bleeding viewers pretty heavily as well, almost at the same rate. Luckily, it has more of a base... but still dropping consistently. And even if it stays afloat... will Gustin really want to be like Amell and do Flash season 8?
That's not what I'm reading. The premiere held steady from last season, and it's still CW's highest rated show.

http://https://tvline.com/2019/10/09...on-6-premiere/

Yes, I believe that CW will keep Gustin happy at all costs and there will be many more seasons.

Last edited by Big Blue Lantern; 01-16-2020 at 12:06 PM.
Big Blue Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 12:40 PM   #85
Parrylakks
Anti-Monitor

I think it's pretty clear from the narration that Ollie as the Spectre isn't gone... sure, that's how the heroes saw what happened, but he's the Spectre. He's already dead. I'm sure we'll see him again as the Spectre in the Arrow series finale, and he'll be pulled out as a special guest in future crossover events.
Old 01-16-2020, 01:37 PM   #86
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well. We haven't seen the last of Spectre Amell.
Old 01-16-2020, 04:48 PM   #87
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Kind of had that feeling myself. They'll likely hold back a year, reveal him "alive" in time for next year's crossover (which, by that point, will have a $20 budget at the current rate of decline).
Old 01-16-2020, 08:30 PM   #88
Parrylakks
Anti-Monitor

There's no way he won't be in the series finale. The penultimate episode? Sure, he can miss it. It's basically the pilot for Green Arrow and the Canaries, seeing as that's the title of the episode. But the finale? No, he'll be in it. And it will be his present day self (i.e. the Spectre) letting at least Dig know that he's still out there, before ending with some sort of reunion with Felicity (maybe with the Monitor bringing her to him, a la last season's finale, though since the world is changed, that future isn't set in stone).
Old 01-16-2020, 09:15 PM   #89
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

I finished it last nite, was disappointed that it ended up about as lame as I figured it would, but am still glad that BL was atleast a part of the final battle (even if theres no explanation as to why he'd just show up inside S.L. like that....), but the thing (well, ONE OF THEM anyways) that still annoys me is: the writers giving all of Paraiah's backstory to the Monitor (for some reason I cannot fathom.)

also, I gotta wonder: does the new Earth-2 mean that Jay, Harry & Jesse are back, and if not....does this mean Nash is the ONLY Wells in the multiverse?

Tazer

Quote:
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 11:07 AM   #90
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

I think it's a new Earth-2, more in line with the Pre-COIE comic books. It's where Stargirl's upcoming series will be set. I don't believe for a second that we'll see characters from Flash's Earth-2.
Old 01-17-2020, 08:58 PM   #91
Tazer

Yo.

Tazer

Quote:
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Old 01-17-2020, 10:03 PM   #92
Parrylakks
Anti-Monitor

Wasn't Jesse still on Earth-3 when Earth-2 was destroyed? I realize that Earth-3 was also destroyed, and that when the rebirth happened it would likely mean that she wasn't placed back there, but still... it's a thought... or, hey, maybe she was in the Speed Force like Wally was in the comics. I dunno.

Just don't feel sad, Taze.
Old 01-17-2020, 10:47 PM   #93
Tazer

Yo.

Tazer

Quote:
Old 01-17-2020, 10:52 PM   #94
Parrylakks
Anti-Monitor

Old 01-18-2020, 05:05 AM   #95
Parrylakks
Anti-Monitor

Here's a bit of a masturbatory look back at what I thought could have been five years ago. My prediction was quite a bit more lofty than what we actually got, but I don't think WB was really in a position to consider what I had in mind after their mishandling of Justice League.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:01 PM   #96
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

I'm assuming Earth-2 and everyone on it are either gone or somehow merged with new counterparts on the new Earth-2.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:57 AM   #97
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

All DC shows on CW, except Arrow (obviously), have been renewed.

Quote:
Announced today, the network has officially renewed 13 of its scripted series for the 2020-21 TV season. “Batwoman” and “Nancy Drew” will be returning for their second seasons, while “All American,” “In the Dark,” “Legacies,” “Roswell, New Mexico,” and “Charmed” will all be back for their third seasons, “Dynasty” and “Black Lightning” will be back for their fourth, “The Flash” for its seventh, “Legends of Tomorrow” and “”Supergirl” for their sixth, and “Riverdale” for its fifth.
https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/mo...wed-by-the-cw/