X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't really enjoyed his Batman series

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
      Well, that one is easy. It's been cancelled, which saddened me. I got all the main issues and I did the crossovers except the Avengers one because I never really watched that show. I still might pick the trade of that up, though. But the main title is done indefinitely.
      I know the main title is done. It seems like the miniseries have been coming out non-stop, though, so it still seems like it is effectively continuing. I heard they were going to do a crossover with Wonder Woman '75 (is that the right year?) next.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
        I know the main title is done. It seems like the miniseries have been coming out non-stop, though, so it still seems like it is effectively continuing. I heard they were going to do a crossover with Wonder Woman '75 (is that the right year?) next.
        '77. That I'll read because it's one of those crossovers fans have speculated about for decades.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chosen
          This is the first Superman crossover I've looked forward to in a while, keep in mind that Scott Lodbell was in charge of the first few crossovers in new 52 with H'el on Earth, Psi War, and Doomed. Having this crossover tie into the bigger rebirth story has me really anxious for it, plus it'll be done in a month.
          I mean it's still going to be the 6th crossover the line has seen since the New 52 launched and is going to require me to either buy a book I'm not reading (Action Comics) or skip the event like I did for the previous ones, it's annoying.

Plus I doubt we'll get too much of the Rebirth story in this as the majority of it will be saved for whatever Johns is doing later this year.

Originally posted by -M- View Post
          Based on the covers for the Superman books it looks like we'll be getting yet another new spin on Superman Red/Blue. The red and blue energy around each of them pretty much makes it a given.
          The CBR forums seem to think they'll play it as New 52 Superman being Superman Red who never merged into Superman Blue aka pre-Flashpoint Superman...this still wouldn't explain why we have two Loises though.

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
          Some more info from the Word Balloon podcast:
          • Will be a 12 issue project with Mitch Gerads debuting in August.
          • They were originally planning on doing a Batman mini seperate from the main book but editorial decided to pull it into the main title.
          • Will be a superhero project in the same vein as his Vision run.
          • Will be a smaller character/property.
          • Came up with it while getting drunk with Didio.
          • Originally Didio told him to name the property he wanted to work on next but King prefers to be given a character and "be put in a box".
          • Atomic Knights was one of the properties they considered.
          • One of the inspirations he'll be drawing on is how the world currently doesn't make sense, things are happening that you could not predict would happen, and it makes you feel a combination of anxiety and paranoia.

Originally posted by "Chosen" View Post
          I haven't really enjoyed his Batman series
          I was enjoying it before the current arc...his Catwoman characterization has been really bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fearless View Post
            This will be their first interactions since the relaunch.
            Pretty sure there was at least one issue of either Red Hood & the Outlaws or Green Arrow preRebirth that touched on their past.

~//V\\~

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
              So, since so few people here seemed to get the compulsion, I guess that leaves me the last guy here who collects because he "has to."
              I stopped getting GL comics regularly after Kyle got the shaft and shipped to GLC. I picked up the most of the last few GL volumes, however everything just before the Sinestro Corps War I skipped save for the first few issues of GL and GLC. Everything War of Light and Blackest Night I got and only missed a few tie in issues here and there, I also picked up Brightest Day.

Lately though I just haven't been a fan of White Lantern Kyle and the whole multi colored rings gimmick. I spent a ton on the War of Light the first time it happened, not gonna buy it again just because now there's two new Lanterns dealing with it.

~//V\\~

Comment

• Mike Grell returning as Green Arrow variant cover artist.

Comment

• Aquaman #16 Variant by Joshua Middleton

Comment

• Comment

• Very cool of DC to reach out to Grell. They've (seemingly) always been very supportive of him. I keep seeing the art for Green Arrow on twitter and it makes me want to read it but I never hear anything about it.

Comment

• I liked this episode of Art Academy (with Jock):

+ YouTube Video
                        ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• DC Comics Cancels Vigilante: Southland Halfway Through, But Will Collect Unpublished Issues In TPB

Comment

• That's pretty lame. Stickin' it to the people who were actually buying the series, by making them essentially buy those same issues over again if they want to get the conclusion.

Comment

• If you’ve been wondering about how the mystery behind Geoff Johns’ DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH #1 continues, you’ll find out more beginning this April in “The Button,” a four part story arc in issues #21 and #22 of BATMAN and THE FLASH.

Courtesy of the Batman team of writer Tom King and artist Jason Fabok, along with The Flash writer Joshua Williamson and artist Howard Porter, the two greatest detectives in the DC Universe unite to unravel the mystery behind a certain blood stained smiley face button stuck in the Batcave wall. However, what begins as a simple investigation soon turns deadly when the secrets of the button prove irresistible to an unwelcome third party – and it’s not who anyone suspects! This is a mystery woven throughout time, and the countdown starts here!

In addition to the standard $2.99 covers on Batman and The Flash in late April and early May, each of the four issues will feature a special $3.99 lenticular cover, all drawn by Jason Fabok. Don’t miss the chance to find out more about the mysteries behind REBIRTH when these issues hit your local comics retailer beginning April 19!

Hypo
                              Lil' Leaguer
                              Last edited by Hypo; 01-12-2017, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                                That's pretty lame. Stickin' it to the people who were actually buying the series, by making them essentially buy those same issues over again if they want to get the conclusion.
                                I'm one of those guys. I bought Vigilante 1-3, and thats it? Cancelled before a mere 6 issues can come out? Sales must have been dismal. This is like the Sonic Disruptors fiasco, but they claim it will show up in a trade. I have doubts that will even happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X