0.00%
    14.29%
    57.14%
    14.29%

:Moderator:

Holy. Shit.
    sigpic
    Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Only one complaint

It is a storyline I have wanted for quite some time, Hal at home and the looming Par(Hal)lax threat so the only complaint I have about this is the art, could have been better so I gave it 4 stars. If handled right this could be the storyline that takes this GL writer from meh, to one of the favorites (up there with Gerard Jones and Geoff Johns). If DC wants the GL franchise back up and thriving, they need to bring back Ivan on the title, instead of using him to prop up sales on books like Cyborg and Aquaman that probably wouldn't survive without him there. Or EVS or bring Darryl Banks out of retirement or lure Alan Davis back from Marvel, heck Phil Jimmenez and Gary Frank aren't up to anything and they are under DC contract. I am happy that DC brought EVS back for Edge of Oblivion and hopefully he can stay on the Corps title afterwards, to be honest I like Jesus Saiz' work on Lost Army and wouldn't mind him as the co-artist on GL. First and foremost however is Ivan Reis my all time favorite GL artist.

Comment

My favorite issue in quite a while. The terrestrial setting certainly helped. And the bum got a haircut!

Still just giving it three because of the art mostly, but also because I reserve 4 stars for some of the best GL books (5 I would only give to the handful of best comics of all time).

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post

Still just giving it three because of the art mostly, but also because I reserve 4 stars for some of the best GL books (5 I would only give to the handful of best comics of all time).
          the art was good imo, except for tan's pages

Comment

I'm pumped he's back, but I'm positive this is going to end up being disappointing....

Comment

Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
              I'm pumped he's back, but I'm positive this is going to end up being disappointing....
              as long as venditti is writing, you know it will be.

Comment

Picked this up based off the good buzz I saw online. While I've pretty much been uninterested in Venditti's run since the beginning I actually enjoyed this issue.

Not getting my hopes up however since I assume Booster will end up being correct.

Comment

I expect the rest of the Sonar arc to be decent, but have no particular expectations beyond.

Comment

It was fine. It was nice to see Jim again, and having Sonar back as a major villain again, is something I've been looking forward to for a while.

Comment

Most of the New 52 run has put me to sleep, but I really liked this last issue. It either sets up a fascinating finish, or makes the whole thing worse than before.

It is around issue 50, so Parallax seems like the retro go to move. There are some unresolved bits with Hal in this guise, and it has some potential, even if it is short lived.

-Don
                      “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Lundonj View Post
                        Most of the New 52 run has put me to sleep, but I really liked this last issue. It either sets up a fascinating finish, or makes the whole thing worse than before.

It is around issue 50, so Parallax seems like the retro go to move. There are some unresolved bits with Hal in this guise, and it has some potential, even if it is short lived.

-Don
                        I didn't even think about that, but you're right. "Emerald Twilight" was what issues 47-49 with Kyle debuting in #50 of series 3?

Comment

It was 48-50. So every 50th issue since volume 3 has had Parallax in it.
                          "My mind is deluged with thoughts of Heaven and Hell,
                          Crime and Punishment, Damnation and Redemption. Hal
                          Jordan... And The Spectre.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
                          who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
                          to change the world. This time, Lord...
                          Let me be worthy."

Comment

:Moderator:

I'm guessing issues #48-49 will be Hal dealing with Sonar, then Parallax will come into play issue #50. I'm actually pretty excited to see what happens with this comic in the near future, first time in a long time I've felt that.
                            sigpic
                            Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Originally posted by Spectremjm View Post
                              It was 48-50. So every 50th issue since volume 3 has had Parallax in it.
                              Three issues. They did the fall of Hal, rise of Parallax, and destruction of the whole GLC and GotU in three issues. Can you imagine? If it were now, that would be a 12 or more maxi-issue event.

Comment

Working...
                              X