Fanfic: Crusade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fanfic: Crusade

This is the first(very short intro) to a new fanfic I am writing over a period of time. You are always welcome to make comments and ask questions.

GREEN LANTERN: CRUSADE
    -----------------------------------------------

Darkness. That's all there was in the universe. Owen Kcirtap knew this. He believed in this ideal. He worshipped it. There was no room for light. None. And no damn Lanterns were going to light the universe and destroy his beliefs. Owen sat apon one of the fifteen moons to the planet Varsag. He was protected under his suit, allowing him to breath and move freely. He tightened his grip on his blaster rifle and waited, patiently, for the killer of his philosophies to appear.

Kyle Rayner smiled with glee. He was so damn happy to be free just cruising through the galaxy. He passed a strange orange planet with...he counted around fifteen moons orbiting it. Kyle floated for a moment. He had a strange feeling someone was watching. The hairs on the back of his neck curled uncomfortably. Someone was close. Kyle surveyed the area. Nothing.

"Goooood...you came earlier than I expected." Owen said to himself in a cackly and creepy voice.

Owen aimed his rifle, ready to fire.

"Stick to the plan. You do not attack him. Just lead him down into the planet." A voice emitted from Owen's ear.

"If you kill him now you won't get the money. And what good is a bounty hunter without his money?" The voice explained.

Owen's finger tightened on the trigger...but then dropped the rifle.

"Fine. But Lantern's are different. They should be dealt with the moment you get the chance. Trust me. I know my prey. This guy will be trouble. Mark my words."

End Part 1

More coming soon.

Part 2
    -----

"Owen come down to dinner!" His mom had called up the stairs all those years ago.

"Be down in a minute!" Owen replied.

The young boy was nine years old but was skinny as a stick. His family was not the richest in the neighborhood but Owen was still a pleasent child. Owen rushed down the stairs and looked at the table.

"Can't we ever afford anything other than garlshog. I'm getting so sick of eating that stuff!" Owen grimaced.

"Be thankful for what you have." His father glared.

Owen's father was a gruff man with a beard and long black hair with dirt and dust mixed in. His teeth were rotting and his breath smelled worse than hell. He was a buff man, most likely from his job which to Owen was still a mystery.

"I am thankful father it's just I'm starving half the time." Owen whined.

"If you were REALLY starving you wouldn't be standing, boy!" His father thundered.

That's how his father referred to him,"Boy". Owen wasn't even sure if his father knew his name.

Owen felt something slip from his pocket.

Oh no Owen thought to himself as the object hit the floor. His father's eyes widened. It was a large piece of bread.

"You damn brat!" His father raised his arm and struck Owen across the face knocking him to the ground.

His mother ran towards them.

"Stop! Don't hit him!" His father pushed his mother against the wall and flung her to the ground.

Owen stood up, bleeding.

"You haven't learned your lesson you dumb child!" Owen's father kicked him to the ground and his foot slammed against the kid's ribs relentlessly.

His father picked him up by the head, pulling his hair and slammed his face against the concrete wall, and then darkness.

Owen stared at the Green Lantern floating in midair.

"Never again."

End Part 2

Comment

Working...
    X