The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern Vol. 3
FLASHCHAT

GL Volume 3

Old 05-03-2020, 07:12 PM   #1
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Default Interview with Marz and Banks

Classic GREEN LANTERN Duo MARZ & BANKS Return to Shine the Green Light On KYLE RAYNER's Rookie Year
Old 05-04-2020, 04:22 AM   #2
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

I never get tired of hearing about Ron & Darryl creating those moments. When I read this interview, I was excited to see a high-res image of Alex in the fridge with the door open. I immediately contacted Darryl and asked him to sign a copy for my nerd cave.
Old 05-08-2020, 04:00 PM   #3
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

"I wrote a story thirty years ago that wiped out a property's entire history and got to replace it with my own stuff, which was much cooler and still prevails today. I'm so cool. Oh wait, it doesn't still prevail, does it?"

As Bruce Springsteen might say, you've got nothing left mister, but boring stories of glory days.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 04:15 PM   #4
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Are you still hung up on that nonsense? That's neither what happened, nor what he says in the interview.
Michael Heide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 08:45 PM   #5
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Marz thinks the fans are responsible for his not being mentioned in the same breath as John Steinbeck. That's true, but only in the sense that they stopped buying his comics.
Old 05-11-2020, 04:18 AM   #6
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
"I wrote a story thirty years ago that wiped out a property's entire history and got to replace it with my own stuff, which was much cooler and still prevails today. I'm so cool. Oh wait, it doesn't still prevail, does it?"

As Bruce Springsteen might say, you've got nothing left mister, but boring stories of glory days.
I hate to break this to you (or maybe I don't), but Marz's influence on the comic book industry hardly ended with Green Lantern. His name is not only connected with many of the biggest characters in Marvel and DC history, but also cultural staples like Star Wars, Aliens, and Tarzan. That's a legendary career from any rational point of view. His glory days are far from over.
Old 05-11-2020, 05:02 PM   #7
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Hey, you know what? Maybe Ron could write a Jessica Cruz comic and make her impossible to flush, the way he did Kyle!

That would be a dream come true, wouldn't it?
Old 05-12-2020, 05:06 AM   #8
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
Hey, you know what? Maybe Ron could write a Jessica Cruz comic and make her impossible to flush, the way he did Kyle!

That would be a dream come true, wouldn't it?
Marz could write a story about G'nort teaming up with Streaky and Krypto and probably make it interesting.