The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation

Old 06-01-2020, 10:22 PM   #1
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Exclamation HBO Max Series & Film News/Rumors

One of the YouTubers I watch for comic related shows/movie news/rumors is reporting the GL HBO Max series will be the first live action series directly connected to the film universe. Set in two different time periods, the older time period will feature Sinestro and Abin Sur, with the modern day time period focusing on... Baz and Cruz. Season 2 reportedly will include the introduction of Guy Gardner, as well as Hal training under Sinestro in the past timeline.

The GLC film is rumored to connect to season 2 with an older Hal training John. If they really fuck up the timeline similar to the original X-Men films I for one will be pretty disappointed. Especially if the one GL I was looking forward to isn't even used (Kyle).

Trying to cram this much into either the film or the show will surely be what kills them. I'd have made the HBO Max series be the Hal training John story, and if it had to lead into a film do a reworked version of Hal becoming Parallax and introduce Kyle with the film. Maybe make Mongul destroy Coast City on his own? Maybe it could be Darksied's forces if the Snyder Cut relaunches the DCEU....
Ωmega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 10:33 PM   #2
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

That sounds..awful.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:58 PM   #3
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

It's DC. OF COURSE they would learn all the wrong lessons from the Reynolds movie.
Michael Heide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 02:10 AM   #4
Bob Sachs
Voice of Guy Gardner

Default HBO Max Series & Film News/Rumors

I’d rather them focus on a trio of Guy, Jack Chance, and Lobo. It could happen after Guy lost his GL ring, and was searching for another way to be a hero. Writers could take elements from the comics when Gardner enlisted Lobo for help in obtaining Sinestro’s ring. Jack could be the GL chosen to wear Guy’s ring. That would be something I’d watch. Hal, John, and Kyle could be part of the series, but not as the main characters.

sent from quarantine.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:48 AM   #5
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

I want as many characters as possible in the show, and I hope it lasts for several seasons. If that's HBO Max's plan, then they're on the right track. However, many of the rumors that I hear conflict with one another. For instance, the early wave of concepts reportedly had John and Hal co-headlining. Now I'm hearing that they might be saved for the movies and introduced later, which would be a mistake. Nothing seems set in stone at this point, but I'm definitely on board with the show being a panoramic view of the GLC policing the universe in different areas and in different time periods.
Old 06-02-2020, 04:04 AM   #6
Space Cop
The Dandy

Not that long ago I wouldn't believe I'd ever skip anything GL, but there's no way I'm buying yet another streaming service. I don't care anyway. I really don't like modern television (the characterization, the pacing, the season-long arcs). I doubt I would've liked this either.
Old 06-03-2020, 03:35 AM   #7
Bob Sachs
Voice of Guy Gardner

As long as it’s a quality show with a clear sense of identity, I’m on board. Hell they could make it about Guy & G’Nort.

The food in quarantine is very bland
Old 06-03-2020, 09:01 AM   #8
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

You're in quarantine, Bob? Shit. Promise us to hang in there?
Michael Heide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 10:53 AM   #9
Bob Sachs
Voice of Guy Gardner

Please check your messages here. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone 5S in a ziplock bag