The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Video Games
FLASHCHAT

Qward

Old 06-02-2020, 01:58 AM   #3926
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Shit happened, apparently my mother is becoming increasingly delusional (she now wants a gun in the house because she's a scared old white woman, etc), so I had to message my older sister to get her up to speed and hopefully she can talk her out of this bullshit.

But then I decided to try the Ordeal nightfall on Adept to test the waters and ended up with a score of 30k and a new emblem. It wasn't overly difficult but I don't have time to do the regular nightfall now (which sucks, because it's Inverted Spire, which I like and now must wait for on another week). I'll knuckle up and use r/fireteams for a crew tomorrow. Also, since I completed a nightfall the Risk/Reward quest updated and...gave me Riskrunner. Which the game gives you during the Red War story anyway. Seriously, Bungie? I mean, yes, visiting the Cosmodrome again, fighting the Fallen and Spider Tanks, and doing the jumping puzzle was a nostalgic treat, but come the hell on.

But yes, interesting night for me.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:22 AM   #3927
Parrylakks
Comte de la Fere

Last night, my the guys in my clan decided at the last minute that our final ceucible game of the night was going to be a triumph run... One Hand Behind Our Backs... no one was forbidden from failing it, but none of us wanted to be the first one to break the triumph, and so in the end we succeeded. We won a match with a full fireteam without anyone casting their super, and at 150-67 it wasn't even a close match. Good times.
Old 06-04-2020, 09:14 PM   #3928
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

That's great news, man!

A good friend of mine has been helping me with my Lumina quest lately, equipping his own copy and doing strikes/Menagerie with me (which started my Truth quest). We also did a few nightfalls, namely Will of the Thousands (I destroyed every crystal I could find even though that's probably not retroactive, but whatever) and then Insight Terminus for Hero Ordeal (a couple times even, but once the second run ended with ~87k points I heard thunder outside and immediately logged off to preserve my PS4 from power loss).

He also had his current clan's founder invite me and I accepted, getting access to a couple clan engrams (nothing special but still good to have). Dude even told me about easy raid loot in Last Wish and Garden of Salvation so we did the Wishing Wall chest and I got the Hunter helmet; I'd love to get the auto rifle from Garden but we'll see.

Maybe this weekend I'll try out Survival so I can get rolling on Broadsword again.
Old 06-09-2020, 04:13 AM   #3929
Parrylakks
Comte de la Fere

A few members of my clan and I beat the Leviathan raid over the weekend, so I was able to get the Watcher lenses I needed for the Izanagi's Burden quest. The rest of that quest should be simple enough, though I am now stuck needing a rare bounty, which is unfortunate as I had just completed one before that requirement popped up. But such as it is. We're planning to do the Eater of Worlds raid this upcoming weekend, and none of us have done that one before, so it should be fun.

In related news, I went to turn on my 4KTV today to hop on and do my daily bunker buster, but the TV wouldn't turn on. I did some trouble shooting to no avail, and wound up calling my friend, through whom I purchased it, and he says it sound like a bad power board (he's on a Geek Squad for Best Buy), and said he'd transfer the warranty to me tomorrow, so I can call my local Best Buy to have them come and take a look at it and/or replace it with a similar model -- which will technically be an upgrade at a loss for the company. But then that's what you buy their extended protection plans for.

At any rate, I still have my old HDTV, so hopefully I'll get that hooked up tomorrow. It sucks, though, I've been waiting for the Seventh Seraph auto-rifle to be the weapon of the day for the last week or so, and now that I can't get on, Rasputin finally has it up... ah, well.
Old 06-09-2020, 09:57 PM   #3930
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Moved forward a bunch in Shadowkeep, now my Hunter has a full (poorly-rolled) Dreambane armor set (which looks dope, and I put on some nice shaders to make it look hella scary-sexy). I have to say the red specters as patrol beacons is an amazing and welcome change, and I had fun running around the Moon again (went into the old observatory near the broken sky-bridge and found a figure that said I lacked something, so I guess there's plenty for me to uncover all over again).

I did unlock the Tranquility sniper (while using my new Beloved), and the Horned Wreath item I needed to find was in the Chamber of Night. It sounded familiar but I watched a video to be sure and had immediate Vietnam Flashback Syndrome from playing Destiny 1 and being trapped in the boss room during the Taken King campaign.

I moved forward some quests:

Only need to do the timed mission to unlock Outbreak Perfected, and then again on Heroic for the catalyst

Defeated the Evil Meatball Primeval to begin the Malfeasance quest

Slight kill progress with Void damage to move Thorn forward

Almost done with the Tommy's Matchbook catalyst

Randomly received Cerberus +1 and then its catalyst, and was doing a heroic public event and found a yellow triangle on the ground which turned out to be Fighting Lion's catalyst

Lumina will be difficult from here because I need to kill an invading player in Gambit before he kills a teammate, which will be borderline impossible because I'm mediocre in PvP

Grabbed a lot of Gambit quests, and I actually progressed the Free Advertising quest a bit (hopefully it hasn't reset for this new season). I find myself liking Gambit and even Prime more than regular Crucible, and hopefully I can get some of that armor and some well-rolled weapons in time.

Managed to grab the class armor Valkyrian skins last night before bed. I don't like the Valkyrian skins at all but they at least give another option.

"The Dorito People of Nebulon IV" is my favorite way of describing the Black Pyramid Ships. Thanks, Datto.

Well, looks like some of the emblem/shader quests are gone for good, so I guess I'm going to have to make sure to complete these new ones in time.
Old 06-15-2020, 01:58 AM   #3931
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Well, Crucible is a living hell currently, because if you aren't killed by a shotgun then you're killed by Witherhoard, the new exotic. People are spamming the shit out of it because the area-of-effect is so deadly it's a new take on the Thorn meta. I'd be done with the Last Word step I'm on (where dying knocks back progress) if it wasn't for the endless spamming. Bungie should have seriously made it a heavy slot instead of special.

Acquired the Deathbringer quest. Took a couple tries to kill the High Conductor in the Scarlet Keep strike but now I'm farther along (almost done the huge amount of kills).

Tried to solo the Corrupted mission for Malfeasance, but that was a terrible idea because the enemies are very strong and I was being mulched at the very start. Right past that endless waves of Shadow Thrall and I nearly died again, and then very careful progress until I got to the next big mob on the elevator platform, then called it quits.

Almost done with the Gambit shader/emblem quest. Still irritated I didn't complete the previous one for the Fifteen Holding, Fifteen Down emblem.

Accidentally went through the invasion portal in Gambit Prime, got slammed into the dirt by Truth before I could kill even one player. Same enemy later invaded and put another rocket in my face.

Managed to reach the Wishing Wall in the Last Wish raid to try and get free loot again, but I fucked up the images and nothing happened. I'll try again tomorrow.

My vault is nearly full, so I also need to comb through it very carefully and delete everything I don't care for anymore. Now that Collections exist I can toss aside some much random shit (namely ships and sparrows and any shaders I strongly dislike).

Last night my dad showed me where to get the key to a loot room in Division 2, so I tried my luck today. Just a couple junky pieces, only one stat worth harvesting.

Days of Play sale is ending on the 17th, so I need to grab a few more things. But now there's this other big sale ending the 24th and it has yet more games I want on discount. Okay, just one game, thank fucking god.
Old 06-15-2020, 03:16 AM   #3932
Space Cop
The Dandy

I downloaded all the DLC for Mortal Kombat 11, which costs me about $60 (which, I suspect is about what my folks payed for the game itself as a Christmas gift). At least, there's some fun stuff here (like Robocop).
Old 06-15-2020, 11:13 AM   #3933
Parrylakks
Comte de la Fere

It's funny to me that so many people don't like invading in Gambit, so your mention of getting your face boomed kinda made me chuckle, AP. Most of my clan doesn't like invading, either, but that suits me just fine, because I like to hop over with my Hammerhead to get a few kills. It's a rare match that I pull fewer than 10 guardian kills, as I usually sit around 12-14. Managed to pull 18 once in a Prime Match, but getting more than 16 in regular is pretty tough.

At any rate, as we had planned, my clan and I ran through Eater of Worlds over the weekend, and that's not a boss fight I want to do again any time soon -- if ever. I then spent the better part of an hour fiddling with my Hunter's outfit, because I decided it needed a change.

I've been wearing the Vangaurd Dare outfit for so long, it's kinda weird not have it on anymore, but I really like my new amalgamated look, even if it took a bunch of different shaders to make it look right. I also dwindled down my weapon inventory, as most of the weapons I had on me never got used. I kept my main Vangaurd set (Crimson, Point of the Stag, Hammerhead), and my main Crucible set (Bygones, Skyburner's Oath, Bad Omens), but the rest got broken down. I'm toying with a third set involving Breakneck and Black Talon, but I've yet to settle on an energy weapon for it, so it may go poof like the others here soon.
Old 06-17-2020, 01:33 AM   #3934
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Completed the Gambit emblem/shader seasonal quest, but I'm not going to use the emblem right now because it hasn't grown on me (and clan name is practically invisible).

Pretty sure I have a god-rolled (or nearly so) Dire Promise. Thing has Rangefinder and Stability Masterwork on top of Snapshot Sights and the sight option is very good (can't remember which one). Using it is crispy as fuck.

Unlocked Lumina. I got the remaining hand cannon kills easily in Gambit Prime and proceeded to do the Xol strike again, blasting crystals and then the blueberries I was with wiped the floor with the boss. I was surprised when my Rose transformed into Lumina, Datto's video did not mention that specific change, so I had to reacquire Rose from Collections (no wasted exotic slot and the gun is more my style, but I'll play around with Lumina a bunch anyway in patrol or something harmless, unless I want to troll Crucible).

Tying into the above, I didn't have a void hand cannon in my vault so I browsed Collections and found IKELOS hand cannon was void, and it's actually half-decent in Crucible. This helped progress Thorn's quest so I'm at 52% for connection strength and I used my Dire Promise in Gambit Prime to move Ace of Spade's quest forward a bit.

Last Word is now ready for me to interrupt a Hive ritual, as is Deathbringer.

I'm seeing that content is going to be removed, and I can't say I'm especially thrilled since there's a lot I haven't done yet. I need to do Leviathan around 4 times overall for Legend of Acrius, as well as the other raids, and I still need Whisper of the Worm (at least it's a selectible quest now). It looks like I'm going to be playing A LOT of Destiny 2 in the coming months until everything slated for removal is taken away. I also need to do more nightfalls for emblems/triumphs and for some quests.

I did spend a short while deleting unwanted Ghosts, Sparrows, and ships, but I have a ton of unwanted shaders to sift through, as well as armor/weapons.

Having watched Maximilian Dood's video on Street Fighter V, I decided to hold off for now. Yes it's very cheap but I have other stuff I really want to grab. I was playing Destiny 2 while downloading the Deluxe Edition of MediEvil, because I never played that on PS1 and was thrilled at the remake. Estimated download time was 8 hours, but then dropped to 5 when I stopped playing D2, and then dropped again to ~90 minutes.

I'm going to also pick up Hitman 2 Gold Edition and Mortal Kombat 11 before Days of Play ends and then grab Rage 2 (standard edition) this weekend. After that I should be fine until another sale has stuff I desire, assuming that does happen (because with this newest sale ending the 24th, only Rage 2 interests me).
Old 06-18-2020, 01:44 AM   #3935
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Surprise, there's a new big sale! This time on retro/classic games, and the selection is actually pretty decent (although not all are actual old games, Bloodstained is practically brand new even if it's modeled heavily off the old Castlevania entries).

But fuck me, Jedi Outcast is on sale again and even cheaper than before! Going to have to grab that this time for sure. And maybe a couple other random items that are on offer.

And yes, I decided to pass on Mortal Kombat 11 for now. Since I'm thinking of getting Rage 2 and now these other selections, I'll wait for it to come around again later, even though getting it for half-off might not be the case (but I already have 9 and XL to get through so it's not as if I wouldn't make it wait anyway).

I made a hurdle today in Gambit Prime: defeated an invader while carrying 15 motes. I'm sure had he known, he would have been livid at his defeat.

I'm looking over the season pass for Destiny 2, and while I like the new armor a lot more than Seventh Seraph, I'm not especially pleased that the ornaments are incredibly high on the tree. I rather like the Siegebreak decals and can only hope that I get high enough to get at least those (fucking helmet skin is something like rank 97, which is absolute bullshit; I have no doubt it's to get people to purchase ranks using real money, which is something that mobile games specialize in and which Bungie is now indulging).

Division 2 is becoming difficult to care about, and I might actually remove it and just not touch the damn thing until months from now, if anytime this year. I still do want to complete some of the remaining commendations but Destiny 2 removing content is forcing my hand as it is and that game alone is practically a full-time job with the amount of content I still need to wade through.

Also, I was watching Angry Joe's recent news upload and he mentioned a YouTuber named AdmiraltyOne (or something like that), who covers Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes. Apparently Addy was trash-talking the devs for their shady practices and then another player gave Addy his account for temporary access to check out all the stuff he'd unlocked, and the dude had probably unlocked every single thing on top of whatever other "time saver" purchases he'd made. Bottom line, that one player had spent more than $50,000 just on that one game. He is the perfect example not of a whale (big spender) but of a kraken (extremely huge spender).

Oh, and PUBG Mobile made $223 million in May 2020 alone. Yeah.
Old 06-21-2020, 09:03 PM   #3936
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Spent yesterday working on the Last Word and Ace of Spades quests, did their final missions this morning. Last Word I had to restart because the room with the three wizards locked me out when I fired a bullet at the bosses but wasn't through the door, so that's a dumb glitch (and you also get teleported out of the boss room in Strange Terrain if you self-revive, so that too needs fixing). I also had to do the final section several times because my right thumbstick is slow as hell which caused me to repeatedly die in the duels.

But other than that I had fun doing the missions. Cayde's recordings were funny, sweet, and haunting, and made me realize he might hate Marcus Ren, which I never knew. And that he also expected Zavala and Ikora and even Eris to want to kill him for various reasons. Also made me want to punch Taniks in the face again.

I kind of want the Malfeasance ornament "Red String of Fate" because damn is it gorgeous, but I don't plan to get any silver in the near future so either I get extremely lucky and it maybe is rotated to the bright dust selection at some point or I wait until later in the season.

Got the Memory of Vell Tarlowe quest, now I need to brace for Titan-esque-capades. Also recovered another dead Ghost.

Been receiving various catalysts during strikes and Crucible/Gambit matches. I hope Bungie fixes whatever removed the Matchbook catalyst and we can all safely resume progress. I'm working on Ace's catalyst now, at 59% as of this moment, and dunno when I'll start Lumina's. I progressed to Thorn's next step, the Chasm of Screams and need to take out specific targets before killing the boss. Oh joy. I might put that off until tomorrow so I can farm Nightfall Ordeal some more (hoping to get Duty Bound, but I don't know if it drops from Adept difficulty; might have to play around with my gear a bit to do a higher mode).

Oh, and this is rich: my one buddy who invited me into the clan contacted me the other night asking me to quickly make a Discord account because the founder is now purging anyone who won't use it. I made the account but this reeks of micro-managing bullshit. I'm more comfortable using r/fireteams and am rather unfamiliar with Discord (King Gothalion made a very helpful video I refer to but I need practice).

I need to start playing Hitman 2 so I can kill Sean Bean. (Seriously, he's a special target at the moment, and I'd like to get the mission under my belt).

Gonna pass on Street Fighter V, I'd rather see Super SF IV be put on sale. Debating if I should get Rage 2 after all even though I would like to give it a shot.

edit - Angry Joe's Madden '21 reaction-rant is priceless. That series is goddamn awful and people seriously need to stop buying it.

edit 2 -- completed Ace's catalyst, vaulted it for now. I'll work on Lumina's here and there when I'm not busy grinding other shit. Got Duty Bound after only a half-dozen runs of Savathun's Song (I feel sorry for MarcusBGaming, whose video I watched, because it took him 40 attempts with shitty RNG, but it's a Masterwork Year 1 weapon so no further work needed).

Last edited by Agent Purple; 06-22-2020 at 12:07 AM.
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 04:34 PM   #3937
Parrylakks
Comte de la Fere

Well, my clan and I completed Spire of Stars this past weekend. The complexity of that boss fight was a nightmare to deal with. Seven steps of repeating madness, with an eighth tossed in at the end for good measure, making it twenty-two steps altogether. Pretty annoying, that.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:38 PM   #3938
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Was just doing daily Gunsmith bounties and pulled out Prometheus Lens. I forgot how stupidly fun trace rifles are until I started using that hysterical death ray.
Old 06-23-2020, 12:56 AM   #3939
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

And now I'm sad: I just watched Mtashed's and Aztecross's videos on the explosion of madness in the gaming community lately, all the streamers and YouTubers being brought down due to their incredibly disturbing behavior (racism, sexism, hacking, even admitting if a federal agent saw evidence they'd go to prison, etc).

SayNoToRage, Luminosity, Bomb Squad Kittens/Orange Justice clans, OMZ, Humz, Lil Sonic x, and a ton of other Destiny players being outed as a for-profit criminal organization with profoundly bigoted members.

Allegations of sexual misconduct have blown through the floodgates since Friday, and a number of prominent persons (including "Angry" Joe Vargas) now have their integrity in question (and that's putting it lightly).

This is going to get a whole lot worse before it gets even slightly better, but at the end I hope that these bastards actually do get put behind bars.
Old 06-25-2020, 02:19 AM   #3940
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Good grief, I just saw this morning during breakfast that I have a metric shit-ton of things to do before September's content removal. I can't even imagine how difficult it's going to be to earn a title now that I'm going to be crunching for two fucking months (and I still need to do video courses for my actual job's yearly review, nearly 50 of those fuckers).

At least I got Falling Guillotine unlocked.
Old 06-26-2020, 12:17 AM   #3941
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

So I watched a bit of the hour-long video HeelvsBabyface put up a couple days ago where he analyzes the online claim by the young woman accusing Joe Vargas of being physically abusive and sexually aggressive to her. I couldn't make it through the whole thing, it was appalling and had so many holes in it that you could chuck the entire Himalayan mountain range through it.

No wonder this dumb bitch dropped the case, she was only ever after a cash-in by exploiting real victims and attacking an innocent man.
Old 06-27-2020, 12:18 PM   #3942
Parrylakks
Comte de la Fere

Hit 1060 light on my Hunter tonight, just in time for the Last Wish raid tomorrow. Sadly, our main Warlock isn't gonna be there this weekend, so I'm actually gonna be playing my 1052 Warlock to make up for it, but such as it is.
Old 06-27-2020, 06:49 PM   #3943
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

DrDisRespect has been permanently banned from Twitch, it would seem, and no reason has yet been given. Not likely because of his extramarital affair since he and his wife are still together after reconciling that event.

I got Witherhoard. Trying to grind out as many bounties every day as I can so that I can level up the season pass (doubt that I'll be able to complete it, but I'll see how far I can get).

For Hitman 2, I grabbed some of the DLC and I completed every challenge for the prologue's final test. Some were pretty clever and amusing. I need to master the first two tests, though. For now I'm going to proceed with the game and at some point get the Legacy Upgrade Pack so I can play the touched-up versions of the previous game's story missions.
Old 06-28-2020, 01:40 PM   #3944
Parrylakks
Comte de la Fere

Last Wish was a massive fail last night, largely due to a player in the group not working well with others. He had a bit of a blowout moment and left in a fit of anger. The rest of us are going to try it again next week, when our normal group is all available (our main Warlock couldn't be there this weekend).

On a related note, my Hunter is now one piece of gear away from max base light. I just need a maxed out leg piece to complete my main set. Meanwhile, my raid set is just one point away on each piece, as are all my extra carried weapons, save my Gambit and Crucible energy weapons, which are each two points away. Fun fun. My Warlock and Titan, on the other hand are both within ten points of the Max, with the Warlock be slightly higher than the Titan.

As for the season pass, I reached level 76 tonight... yeah... I think I've been playing too much.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:39 PM   #3945
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Since the half-off sale is expiring tomorrow morning, I decided to buy Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast for my PS4. I'll get to playing it...eventually. Like the majority of other games I own now. And the past several years.

As usual.

There are a handful more games on sale I'd like right now and I have some time to let a paycheck roll in to cover them, and to give myself time to decide if I do want to purchase them now or keep waiting.
Old 07-02-2020, 12:11 PM   #3946
Parrylakks
Comte de la Fere

Hit level 90 in the season pass yesterday, and I've done Iron Banner with my Hunter main and Warlock. Will probably do it on my Titan this afternoon. I also completed my Tier III Gambit Prime Invader gear set for my Hunter, giving me all four perks. I'm basically a blocker, now, as the enemy bank will lock when I invade... should be fun.

In non-Destiny news, I saw that Greedfall was on sale over the weekend, so I decided to buy it. It's a smaller size game, but I'm sure it'll be a solid story to play through, as the studio's previous game, Bound by Flame, was one of my early favorites on the PS4. Sure it was only like 15 hours long, which is pretty short for an RPG, but there was no filler, and I enjoyed every minute of it. Here's hoping Greedfall is similar. Maybe once I'm done with it, I'll finally get around to my massive backlog, which includes The Witcher 3, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Shadow of War, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Read Dead Redemption 2, Watch Dogs 2, and Assassin's Creed Odyssey, amongst others. That is, if I actually get around to starting it any time soon,
Old 07-03-2020, 01:24 AM   #3947
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

BREAKING --- House of Lords (UK upper Parliamentary house) has called for immediate regulation of loot boxes in video games as gambling, insist implementation could be "today" because no legislation would be required, just classification.

Never thought I'd see the day.
Old 07-05-2020, 12:54 AM   #3948
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Did Nokris nightfall, entered almost near the boss fight when joining in-progress. Final score was 98k.

Damn it.
Old 07-06-2020, 01:14 AM   #3949
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Collected all but the Pit of Heresy Dead Ghost on the Moon, and just did the final Deathbringer mission and collected my new rocket launcher. Also got 20 shotgun kills to advance to the elemental kills stage for Chaperone (which I probably won't be able to complete until after reset because death hinders progress).

Right now I'm wearing all but the helmet for the seasonal armor and my Hunter looks like a latex catsuit-clad fetish model (not that I'm complaining).

Spent a large portion of today getting my Warlock partway through Shadowkeep, need to complete the armor set and do the Beyond mission. Going to also get my Titan up to speed soon.

Still need to get the season pass.

Just completed the Riskrunner catalyst. Finally.

Really need to clear out my vault, knocking it down a bit now but I'll need to spend a chunk of time doing proper inventory this week especially if I'm bringing my alts up to level.

Sidenote: Angry Joe's Last of Us 2 review has crossed 2 million views on YouTube in just 3 days.
Old 07-06-2020, 12:38 PM   #3950
Parrylakks
Comte de la Fere

So my clan approached Last Wish again this weekend... yeah, we got way farther than last time, with our normal warlock doing very well. We got past our previous run within the first half hour or so, so that tells you how bad his replacement was during the first run. That said, we eventually got stonewalled by the vault puzzle encounter. It's the last part before the final boss, and has no real mini-boss to fight like the three encounters before it, but still -- damn things was way too complicated. We ultimately decided to scrap it, and worry about it later. Gonna do Crown of Sorrows next week, just to have the Leviathan done with so we don't have to worry about getting to it before it's vaulted.

/sigh

I really need to play some other games.