Getting back on track....

Axl Rose sends DMCA notice to google regarding fat pics

https://torrentfreak.com/axl-rose-se...-photo-160605/
Old 06-08-2016, 12:57 PM   #52
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilowogsDisciple View Post
Wait, I missed something...what Gene Simmons crap? I realize there are several instances....
We discussed two of the more recent ones below, notably his jabs at Prince after his death, which to Simmons' credit he did recant.
Old 06-08-2016, 01:16 PM   #53
KilowogsDisciple
Green Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
We discussed two of the more recent ones below, notably his jabs at Prince after his death, which to Simmons' credit he did recant.
I've noticed he uses continual recants as an excuse...he's said waaaay too many ignorant things.

Last relevant Kiss album, to me, was well over 30 years ago. Creatures of the Night. They were overwhelmingly a 70s band and I love them for that.

Today? Whatever, Gene. Just my opinion.
KilowogsDisciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 02:01 PM   #54
Space Cop
The Dandy

Well, here's an early contender for this week:

Qatar convicts Dutch woman held after being raped

Quote:
A court in Qatar has convicted a Dutch woman of having sex outside marriage after she told police she was raped.

The 22-year-old was handed a suspended sentence and fined $824 (£580). She will also be deported.

Her lawyer said her drink had been spiked at a Doha hotel in March and she had woken up in a stranger's flat, where she realised she had been raped.

Her alleged attacker, who said the sex was consensual, was sentenced to 100 lashes for having sex outside marriage.

He will be given a further 40 lashes for consuming alcohol.

The woman has been detained since making the allegation three months ago, but her case only came to light over the weekend when her family decided to go public.
'Horror'

The Dutch ambassador to Qatar, Yvette Burghgraef-van Eechoud, said after Monday's court hearing that she expected the woman to leave Qatar within days.

"We will do everything to get her out of the country as soon as possible to where she wants to go," she told AFP news agency.

Court officials said she would be deported once the fine was paid.

The woman was arrested by Qatari police immediately after reporting that she had been raped on the night of 15 March, as was the alleged assailant.

During a holiday in the emirate, she went out with a friend for drinks at a hotel where the sale of alcohol was permitted, according to her lawyer Brian Lokollo.

"She went dancing but when she returned to the table after the first sip of her drink, she realised someone had added something to her glass," he said.

The woman did not feel very well and she later woke alone in an unfamiliar flat and "realised to her great horror that she had been raped", Mr Lokollo added.

Doha-based lawyer Najeeb al-Nuaimi, Qatar's former justice minister, told the Qatar-based broadcaster Al Jazeera the woman's lawyers would have had to prove there had been "no voluntary actions" between her and the man for him to be charged with rape.

Even if they had been seen walking together, the authorities might have doubts any sexual activity was non-consensual and instead prosecute both for having sex outside marriage, which is known as "zina" under Islamic law, Mr Nuaimi said.

Article 281 of Qatar's penal code states: "Whoever copulates with a female over 16 without compulsion, duress or ruse shall be punished with imprisonment for a term up to seven years. The same penalty shall also be imposed on the female for her consent."

According to media reports, dozens of people convicted of zina have been given flogging sentences since 2004, including at least 45 between 2009 and 2011.

The case of the Dutch woman raises further questions about how the Qatari authorities will deal with the thousands of Western tourists expected to travel to the country for the 2022 Fifa World Cup, many of whom may be unfamiliar with its laws.

In 2013, a Norwegian woman in the United Arab Emirates was given a 16-month prison sentence for perjury, extramarital sex and drinking alcohol after she told police she had been raped. She was later pardoned and allowed to return to Norway.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:22 PM   #55
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Every time you think they've reached the nadir of heinousness, they find a way to go even lower.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/isis-behead...-allah-1566529
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 03:05 AM   #56
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Well, here's an early contender for this week:

Qatar convicts Dutch woman held after being raped

These people are animals from an animal culture, why would any westerner vacation there?
Old 06-22-2016, 03:06 AM   #57
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
Every time you think they've reached the nadir of heinousness, they find a way to go even lower.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/isis-behead...-allah-1566529
I can't even get past that headline. I just don't have it in me to read that.
Old 07-12-2016, 04:45 PM   #58
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

I understand being mad about all of the shit that's been happening in regards to the police shootings, and I'll *always* allow a person their own feelings on a matter......but even still, theres just some thoughts U _really should_ just keep to yourself if theyre *this* messed up: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...er-martyr.html

Quote:
Former Miss Alabama calls Dallas cop shooter a 'martyr'

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 05:27 PM   #59
"Chosen"
NOT his black friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
Yo.

I understand being mad about all of the shit that's been happening in regards to the police shootings, and I'll *always* allow a person their own feelings on a matter......but even still, theres just some thoughts U _really should_ just keep to yourself if theyre *this* messed up: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...er-martyr.html

Tazer
Did you watch her video? or just read the article?
"Chosen" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 05:57 PM   #60
Tazer

Yo.

didn't watch the vid cuz I cant atm; me still @work.

Tazer

Quote:
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Old 07-20-2016, 01:25 AM   #61
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Nurse shamed by cashier for her rainbow hair
Old 07-20-2016, 04:51 AM   #62
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

That's actually a story? Sounds like she just wanted attention.
Old 07-20-2016, 05:18 AM   #63
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
In that specific situation, I would have kept my mouth shut were I the cashier, regardless of what I was thinking.

BUT......

I did stop following someone on instagram yesterday because they posted a selfie of themselves with neon green hair and more metal in her face than in my tractor. I follow people for transformers and corgis. everything else means nothing. call me a traditionalist, I prefer the natural order of things. There are reasonable limits.
Old 07-20-2016, 01:29 PM   #64
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
That's actually a story? Sounds like she just wanted attention.
I would have to agree. Certainly the cashier was rude and inappropriate, but it's not like the nurse was refused service, fired, or hit by a truck or something. Basically the headline is "nurse has an unpleasant experience at a convenience store."
Old 07-26-2016, 01:24 PM   #65
Space Cop
The Dandy

Knife attacker in Japan kills 19 in their sleep at disabled center

Quote:
By Elaine Lies and Kwiyeon Ha

SAGAMIHARA, Japan (Reuters) - A knife-wielding man broke into a facility for the disabled in a small town near Tokyo early on Tuesday and killed 19 patients as they slept, authorities said, Japan's worst mass killing in decades.

At least 25 other residents were wounded in the attack at the Tsukui Yamayuri-En facility in Sagamihara town, about 25 miles (40 km) southwest of Tokyo.

"This is a very heart-wrenching and shocking incident in which many innocent people became victims," Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga told a regular news conference in Tokyo.

The suspect was a 26-year-old former employee of the facility who gave himself up to police. The man, Satoshi Uematsu, said in letters he wrote in February that he could "obliterate 470 disabled people", Kyodo news agency reported.

He said he would kill 260 severely disabled people at two areas in the facility during a night shift, and would not hurt employees.

"My goal is a world in which the severely disabled can be euthanized, with their guardians’ consent, if they are unable to live at home and be active in society," Uematsu wrote in the two letters given to the speaker of the lower house of parliament, Kyodo reported.

Uematsu was committed to hospital after he expressed a "willingness to kill severely disabled people", an official in Sagamihara told Reuters. He was freed on March 2 after a doctor deemed he had improved, the official said.

Uematsu lived near the facility, and a neighbor described him as a polite, young man who always greeted him with a smile.

"It would be easier to understand if there had been a warning but there were no signs," said Akihiro Hasegawa, 73. "We didn't know the darkness of his heart."

The suspect apparently began changing about five months ago, said Yuji Kuroiwa, the governor of Kanagawa prefecture, where the facility is located.

"You could say there were warning signs, but it's difficult to say if this could have been prevented," he told reporters.

"This was not an impulsive crime ... He went in the dark of the night, opened one door at a time, and stabbed sleeping people one by one," Kuroiwa said. "I just can't believe the cruelty of this crime. We need to prevent this from ever happening again."

Staff at the facility called police at 2.30 a.m. local time (1730 GMT Monday) with reports of a man armed with a knife on the grounds, media reports said. The man wore a black T-shirt and trousers, the reports said.

The 3-hectare (7.6 acre) facility was established by the local government. Surrounded by tree-covered mountains and on the banks of the Sagami River, it cares for people with a wide range of disabilities.

The facility's website said the center had a maximum capacity of 160 people, including staff.

"IT MAKES YOU WEEP"

Japan has one of the lowest crime rates in the world and residents of Sagamihara said they were in shock. The last murder in the area was 10 years ago.

"This is a peaceful, quiet town so I never thought such an incident would happen here," said Oshikazu Shimo, one of many residents of the town who gathered near the facility.

Taxi driver Susumu Fujimura said of the attacker: "He said 'we should get rid of disabled people' but he's the worthless one."

"That kind of person can't defend themselves," Fujimura said, referring to the victims. "That's why so many died. It makes you weep to think of somebody just murdering them."

The dead ranged in age from 19 to 70 and included nine males and 10 females, Kyodo said.

Police had recovered a bag with several knives, at least one stained with blood, a Kanagawa prefecture official said.

At least 29 emergency squads responded to the attack, Kyodo reported, with those wounded taken to at least six hospitals in the western Tokyo area.

Such mass killings are extremely rare in Japan and typically involve stabbings. Japan has strict gun laws and possession of firearms by the public is rare.

Eight children were stabbed to death at their school in Osaka by a former janitor in 2001. Seven people died in 2008 when a man drove a truck into a crowd and began stabbing people in Tokyo's popular electronics and "anime" district of Akihabara.

A revision to Japan's Swords and Firearms Control Law was introduced in 2009 in the wake of that attack, banning the possession of double-edged knives and further tightening gun-ownership rules.

Members of a doomsday cult killed 12 people and made thousands ill in 1995 in simultaneous attacks with sarin nerve gas on five Tokyo rush-hour subway trains.

(Additional reporting by Kaori Kaneko, Minami Funakoshi, Linda Sieg, Chang-Ran Kim, Olivier Fabre and William Mallard in TOKYO, Eric Beech in WASHINGTON and Jon Herskovitz in AUSTIN; Writing by Raju Gopalakrishnan; Editing by Sandra Maler, Grant McCool and Paul Tait)
Old 07-26-2016, 09:40 PM   #66
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Angry

Dr. Dre cuffed outside his home for allegedly pulling gun on a road rager, police find no proof of gun

http://www.theroot.com/blog/the-grap...-he-had-a-gun/
Old 08-01-2016, 04:22 PM   #67
buffalorock
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

This one's pretty close to home for me, there are some nasty people out there.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/loc...e91235167.html
buffalorock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 01:20 AM   #68
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Father "utterly terrified" after trooper points gun at his 7-year-old during traffic stop
Old 08-17-2016, 02:56 PM   #69
Tazer

Yo.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2754619

Quote:
Abused Arkansas 4-year-old zip-tied to bed as punishment believed her name was ‘idiot’

Tazer

Quote:
Old 09-09-2016, 09:28 PM   #70
Tazer

Yo.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2750327

Quote:
Hungry Ohio boy tried to sell teddy bear for food, police say; parents charged with child endangerment

Tazer

Quote:
Old 09-09-2016, 10:57 PM   #71
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

I actually posted that story either here or in the Humanity thread a while ago.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:02 PM   #72
Tazer

Yo.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compa...0iA?li=BBmkt5R

Quote:
Wells Fargo exec who headed phony accounts unit collected $125 million

Tazer

Quote:
Old 09-13-2016, 09:41 PM   #73
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Stephen King compares Donald Trump to Cthulhu, Cthulhu issues angry denial

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...4540?section=&
Old 09-23-2016, 09:57 PM   #74
Tazer

Yo.

http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2016/09...-students.html

Quote:
A University Is Threatening to Punish Students Who Discuss Their Suicidal Thoughts With Friends

Tazer

Quote:
Old 10-03-2016, 07:47 PM   #75
Tazer

Yo.

looks like we have a 2-fer today: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...g-white-and-m/

Quote:
BBC axe award-winning comedian of 18 years for being 'white and male'

&

this is complete bullshit, and I hope he finds a way to get out soon: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-37505951

Quote:
Singapore jails teen blogger Amos Yee for anti-religion posts

Tazer

Quote:

Last edited by Tazer; 10-03-2016 at 07:56 PM.