NFL Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Diego Chargers stadium vote fails

"In terms of what comes next for the Chargers, it’s just too early to give you an answer. We are going to diligently explore and weigh our options, and do what is needed to maintain our options, but no decision will be announced until after the football season concludes and no decision will be made in haste," Chargers chairman Dean Spanos said in a statement.

The Chargers' options are now limited. They could try again to get a stadium built or move north to Los Angeles to be a co-tenant of a stadium with the Los Angeles Rams.

That $2.6 billion stadium in Inglewood is slated to open before the 2019 season.

The Chargers have played in Qualcomm Stadium, one of the oldest stadiums in the NFL, since the 1967 season.
    I'm not that surprise that San Diego did not vote for a new stadium. I am surprised they voted down on expanding the convention center to host ComicCon as it brings in millions of dollars to the city.
    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
      San Diego Chargers stadium vote fails

I'm not that surprise that San Diego did not vote for a new stadium. I am surprised they voted down on expanding the convention center to host ComicCon as it brings in millions of dollars to the city.
      The major part of why the stadium vote failed was that only the city of San Diego was able to vote for it rather than a county wide vote. The voting populace wasn't as widespread as it needed to be.

Comment

• Well, New England gets Seattle tonight. I'll be curious to see if Sherman tries to pull any of the bullshit he has over the last several weeks against us, and whether or not the refs back him up...

Comment

• Blech, terrible defense and terrible play calling on the final series for the Pats. Still, barring injuries, I only have two more games as "losable" so they should be in good shape for the postseason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
            Blech, terrible defense and terrible play calling on the final series for the Pats. Still, barring injuries, I only have two more games as "losable" so they should be in good shape for the postseason.

Yeah, not the strongest showing, but I'm confident we'll overcome it. Plus, there is a Dion Lewis return in the near future. Though now we have to hear, "They should've run the ball!" like some Bizarro-version of SB49.

Comment

• Anyone a believer in Marriota after ripping through Green Bay yesterday?

Comment

• The fact that he did it despite his HC being Mike Mularkey make it even more impressive. That being said the Packers are a mess right now, I'm kind of assuming McCarthy will end up being fired.

Comment

• He finished the game too, wtf.

Comment

• So now players are kneeling to protest Trump's election in addition to racial injustices. Yeah.
                    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
                      Anyone a believer in Marriota after ripping through Green Bay yesterday?
                      Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                      The fact that he did it despite his HC being Mike Mularkey make it even more impressive. That being said the Packers are a mess right now, I'm kind of assuming McCarthy will end up being fired.

Really? Why? I mean, I was under the impression that the Packers were floundering because so many of their first-stringers are injured right now. That would suck of McCarthy lost his job over his guys being out on IR...

Originally posted by Hypo View Post

He finished the game too, wtf.

Gronk's a beast, ain't no two ways about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fearless View Post
                        Really? Why? I mean, I was under the impression that the Packers were floundering because so many of their first-stringers are injured right now. That would suck of McCarthy lost his job over his guys being out on IR...
                        They do have some injuries but I wouldn't say it's a debilitating amount. There's been a lot of criticism going back to last year about the offensive scheme. Basically it calls for a lot of isolation routes which is fine when your talent is good and everything is clicking...but it hasn't been working that great as of late and they're not really adjusting the scheme to overcome that, just continuing to do what they do because it's what they do. Plus when you hear him say stuff like this it doesn't really fill you with confidence. If you have to call yourself a "highly successful coach" it's clear something is going wrong.

Comment

• Guess we can joke about deflategate now:

+ YouTube Video
                          ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
                          Hypo
                          Lil' Leaguer
                          Last edited by Hypo; 11-17-2016, 03:16 AM.

Comment

• DAMN, did he get paid per Deflategate mention or what?!

Comment

• Tom Brady at Candlestick. The Niners could have drafted him or Aaron Rodgers. Now Brady comes back to the Bay Area to destroy the hometown team.

You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Yea, him and his family were huge 49ers fans, he's still a huge Montana fanboy himself. Think he still has a chip on his shoulder:

Comment

Working...
                                X