The Batman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
    Mikel Janin's art has been beautiful but I'm really not digging how King writes Catwoman.
    Originally posted by Hypo View Post
    It's the characterization, she feels a lot more like Talia than Catwoman to me.

Yeah, this storyline and the crimes that Catwoman has perpetrated has taken a lot of the inherent levity out of the relationship. Whereas it was once literal cops and robbers, now it's brutal vigilante and mass murdering pragmatist. It actually feels a lot like how Marvel is trying to change around Black Cat, or has been changing her around, following Spider-Ock doing her in instead of playing along.

Comment

It's the characterization, she feels a lot more like Talia than Catwoman to me.
      Ahhh, I can see that, thanks

Comment

• Oh Scott. STOP.

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
          Oh Scott. STOP.

I find it curious that in the article it's Lobdell who proposed the project to Medri when the concept was entirely Medri's creation; he posted all the original design sketches on his deviantART page AGES ago, and it caught on with fans... but it took LOBDELL to suggest a project to get it as far as it did? Geez...

Comment

• I'd have been game for a series like that. Even by Lobdell. In general, I wish we'd still get an Elseworlds annual every so often for something.

~M~

Comment

• January's BATMAN Changed To Become Two-Part CATWOMAN Arc
              DC is changing up the solicited plans for January's Batman #14 and #15, making the two issues a two-part story where Batman will decide "what to do" with Catwoman after recent events.

"In these issues, how do you solve a problem like Selina Kyle? Is she a hero? Is she a villain?," reads the publisher's new description for these issues. "Can Batman and Catwoman ever really work things out? The award-winning team of Tom King and Mitch of Babylon (Sheriff of Babylon) bring you 'Rooftops,' a story in which Batman must decide once and for all what to do about Catwoman."

Announced as part of its weekly retailers-only newsletter, this two-part "Rooftops" arc by series writer Tom King and guest artist Mitch Gerads begins in January 4's Batman #14. The issue was originally solicited as the end of the current "I Am Suicide" arc, illustrated by Stephanie Hans. Hans's cover to #14 remains, and the artist will now also do the cover to #15.

"Having an absolute blast on these issues. Tom has really outdone himself with the storytelling," Gerads told Newsarama. "Who knew Romance comics were my thing?"

For those seeming to recall King and Gerads already being announced as reuniting for an upcoming Batman story, you're not wrong. The Sheriff of Babylon duo were solicited for Batman #15 with a one-off story titled "Street And Swamps," but that seems no longer the case given DC's notice to retailers.

Batman #14 and #15 remain scheduled for release January 4 and January 18, respectively.

Similar content

Comment

• Batman #15 Art by Mitch Gerads

Comment

• Detective Comics #948 Art by Ben Oliver

Batwoman #1 Cover by Steve Epting

Comment

• HOSTESS CUPCAKE ADS JOIN DC’S REBIRTH CONTINUITY WITH NIGHTWING #11

Comment

• ^That's a fun one.

Comment

• SCOTT SNYDER TEASES HIS BATMAN EVENT PLANS WITH CAPULLO, JOHNS
                        “Greg [Capullo] calls it our Batman heavy metal rock opera,” Snyder told CBR with a laugh. “It’s going to be a big, epic Batman story with flaming armor, an over-the-top capstone to a lot of the stuff that we’ve done with him. It’s all mapped out. I’ve just been out to Burbank with Geoff Johns going over it, and going over what he’s doing. It was great. It was one of the best story meetings that I’ve ever had. We sat there for a couple of days and really tightened up some of the screws. Geoff was incredibly generous and helpful with it.”

“Above all, what I really want it to be for fans is to not have it feel like the kind of event that we’ve seen before. I love DC events. They’re bonkers and wonderful, but generally, they refer back to continuity, or they are all about where the line is at that moment in time,” Snyder continued. “Geoff’s best ones have been plain-out great stories, but I think “Crisis,” for example, is in conversation with what we need to do with the line, as good as they are. What I want this one to be is different. I want it built out of the stories happening now and creating new material and giving everybody a place to tell stories that fit what they’re doing on their books, and feels really modern and different and above all fun. I don’t want it to be grim. I don’t want it to be superheroes arguing over something. Superheroes won’t be fighting superheroes. I want it to be celebratory, and huge, and crazy. I am going for out of control dinosaurs and lasers. It should be fun."

Comment

• Paul Dini will be writing backup stories in Harley Quinn come April.

Comment

A little art teaser:

Comment

• That should be fantastic!

Comment

• Looks good. Just a nitpick, though: All-Star shouldn't be an ongoing. It should be a prestige mini as the others were in the past. I know that's not a big deal, just my druthers.

Comment

Working...
                                X