No announcement yet.

CW's The Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's just about how Marty and Doc changed the timelines in Back to the Future. That's pretty much what I thought about watching last night episode of The Flash.

You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
      It's just about how Marty and Doc changed the timelines in Back to the Future. That's pretty much what I thought about watching last night episode of The Flash.

The way in which Barry explained the timelines was almost a direct pull from BTTF Part II. Even if it wasn't Barry quoting Doc Brown almost verbatim, I was practically shouting for Barry to use it, if only so that Cisco's slick tech billionaire facade would slip for just a moment and we'd see the geeky fanboy underneath.

Comment

• Bit disappointed it didn't effect the other shows. That cliffhanger resolved in a single episode? That's just ludicrous...

~M~

Comment

• Originally posted by -M- View Post
          Bit disappointed it didn't effect the other shows. That cliffhanger resolved in a single episode? That's just ludicrous...

~M~
          Oh, it affected the other shows; the Arrowverse figureheads have said as much that it will affect Arrow, at least (because Supergirl is still in her own, isolated universe, and Legends mucks up time on the regular anyway). Just because we haven't seen the effects yet, does not mean that there aren't any. There was a screencap circulating from either this last episode or a different episode where it shows that John Diggle has a son; either in addition to his daughter Sara (this could be John Diggle Jr. from Legends) or in place of, remains to be seen.

Comment

• You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post

Comment

• Was anybody else rolling their eyes over the whole notion of searching the Multiverse for a replacement Harrison Wells? That just seems like a supremely stupid idea on the face of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                  Was anybody else rolling their eyes over the whole notion of searching the Multiverse for a replacement Harrison Wells? That just seems like a supremely stupid idea on the face of it.

Yeah, I found it kind of stupid, but Cavanaugh is a comedic actor by trade, so I'm sure that at least he got a kick out of it. Plus, I guess it goes to some plot that they're following up on next week...?

Comment

• What I think the Flash writers have missed, and what most people don't understand. According to quantum theory, when Barry went back in time and changed the past, he didn't just create a new time line. He created a new Universe from that point forward. When he traveled forward in time he was locked into that universe's timeline.

When he went back again and let Thawn kill his mother he again created a new universe and was again locked into that timeline. The interference in the first instance (Season 1) created a new set of quantum possibilities for the future, the second interference created a 2nd set (Stopping Weather Wizard) The third interference a 3rd set of quantum possibilities (Flashpoint), the fourth interference a 4th set of quantum possibilities (Current Universe). The changes that happened after stopping weather wizard were much smaller as the time jump was so much shorter, the ripple effect was small enough that their effect was unnoticeable. But going back that far changed things wildly and altered the quantum states and possibilities so much that a lot of major things changed.

Which is why Caitlin now has the Killer Frost powers that she hadn't had previously. The quantum state of her body was changed because of the temporal alterations so when the accelerator exploded it did effect her and like Cisco before her she's hiding it because of what they learned her Earth2 counterpart became.

It will be impossible for Barry to return things to "The Way Their Supposed To Be" because as each temporal interference happened, it locked the previous universe off and separated it out into the edges of the multiverse. Finding them again will be impossible, as their quantum signature will be out of phase with the rest of the multiverse because it's a new offshoot of the Prime universe. Which by extension will create new multiverses around them.

the easiest way to describe this is using a pool, the pool represent the multiverse. But each trip back in time and changing things cause the pool to duplicate on a quantum level, it becomes a second pool, and so on, since there is a gap between pools the people in each pool can't swim between them.

So Barry will have to live with what changes have been made, help Caitlin deal with her new found powers, and this new Wells who honestly seems shady to me given next weeks preview.

Darth_Andrea
                    Darth_Andrea
                    Owned by Natu
                    Last edited by Darth_Andrea; 10-27-2016, 03:25 AM.

Comment

• I thought the "Big Belly Burger" thing was product placement. I really thought Big Belly Burger was a real burger chain in Canada or something. I was bummed out to learn it's fictional. I really wanted to try a Big Belly Burger.
                      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• I remember seeing it in Formerly Known As the Justice League. That's where L-Ron was working when Maxwell Lord found him to put the old team back together...

I thought the idea of bringing in another Wells was dumb too. I LOVE the actor, and I've liked seeing him portray every new version in a different manner. I honestly don't see why Harry and Jesse can't stay though. I think eventually the producers WILL merge the world and give fans what they want since these shows seem to do a lot of fan service. Eventually we'll see Earth 3 Jay become a member of the Earth 1 JSA, eventually Jesse Quick and Wally will hook up without having to cross universes. And Supergirl will either become Powergirl in our universe or Supergirl will remain the same just on the Earth 1 and a new alt. Earth version will show up as Powergirl.

~M~

Comment

• I like the whole getting around HR's image, but it was dumb when he also set it to make him look the same as he always did around the team. His 'friend's' name ring any bells as far as theories to who he could be? I'm betting it's the alt ID they make for Savitar.

Can't wait to see more Kid Flash and Vibe. Can't believe Cisco has grown on me so much.

~M~

Comment

His 'friend's' name ring any bells as far as theories to who he could be? I'm betting it's the alt ID they make for Savitar.

None that I can recall, no. They do have free reign since I don't think an alternate identity was ever established for Savitar. That said, just once I'd like a speedster faster than Barry to be introduced who didn't immediately come off as evil or try to kick Barry's ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fearless View Post
                              None that I can recall, no. They do have free reign since I don't think an alternate identity was ever established for Savitar. That said, just once I'd like a speedster faster than Barry to be introduced who didn't immediately come off as evil or try to kick Barry's ass.
                              We've got Jesse Quick now and prob Kid Flash after this last episode, as well as Jay Garrick. About the only thing left is Impulse from the far future, or maybe John Fox? When you think about it Jesse is already as fast as Barry and with a lot less training. It took him awhile to get where he's at. There's already potential for her to surpass his as the Fastest albeit the Fastest Woman Alive.

~M~

Comment

We've got Jesse Quick now and prob Kid Flash after this last episode, as well as Jay Garrick. About the only thing left is Impulse from the far future, or maybe John Fox? When you think about it Jesse is already as fast as Barry and with a lot less training. It took him awhile to get where he's at. There's already potential for her to surpass his as the Fastest albeit the Fastest Woman Alive.

~M~
                                They already have almost as many speedsters on this show as Mark Waid had during his first two runs on The Flash. Which is to say, too many.

Comment

Working...
                                X