This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The DC Comics Thread Vol. 3

Hey THAT'S more like it...actually, that's pretty darn awesome, thanks W!

Comment

That'll do, West. That'll do.

Comment

(pictures West as Donkey from Shrek)

Comment

Funny, when I hear "That'll do (fill-in-the-blank), that'll do" I immediately think the pig from Babe.

Comment

It reminds me of the end of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cIQDpHdS-U

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
              Funny, when I hear "That'll do (fill-in-the-blank), that'll do" I immediately think the pig from Babe.
              Me too. In fact, I have to refrain from saying it out loud when I say "that'll do" because most people don't dig being referred to as a pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                (pictures West as Donkey from Shrek)
                Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post

Either will suffice.

Comment

'AQUAMAN' AND 'TITANS' WRITER DAN ABNETT SIGNS WITH DC ENTERTAINMENT
                  BURBANK, Calif. (May 26, 2016) – DC Entertainment continues to add top-flight talent to its creative roster, announcing today that it has reached an agreement with writer Dan Abnett to create comic book content solely for the company’s DC and Vertigo imprints. In addition to writing Aquaman: Rebirth #1 and Aquaman #1 in June, Abnett will also pen Titans: Rebirth #1, continuing threads from his storyline in his current Titans Hunt miniseries. Shipping twice monthly, the Aquaman art team includes talented artists Phil Briones, Scot Eaton, Oscar Jimenez, Jesus Merino and Brad Walker, while the monthly Titans will see artist Brett Booth accompany Abnett on the book.

“Dan Abnett is the perfect fit for Aquaman and Titans,” said DC Entertainment Co-Publisher Jim Lee. “He skillfully balances great dialogue and high-octane action, making for great reads every time. DC is excited that he’ll be giving fans more great stories in both books as we enter into our line wide REBIRTH re-launch in June and beyond.”

Aquaman continues the story of Arthur Curry, the King of Atlantis, as he seeks to reconcile his dual heritage of land and sea. A citizen of both worlds, Arthur seeks to unite Atlantis with the rest of the global community. But his plans will be thrown into chaos with the return of his arch-nemesis Black Manta, who seeks to destroy the careful balance of peace, and bring Aquaman’s world crashing down.

Titans continues story beats from Abnett’s run on Titans Hunt, with teammates Wally West, Donna Troy, Arsenal, Garth, Lilith and Nightwing all reunited after the disastrous consequences of having their memories lost. Now, with their memories intact they will attempt to reunite as a team, and stop the demon that broke them apart and is a threat to reality itself.

"I was delighted by Dan DiDio's invitation to sign exclusively with DC,” said Abnett. “My recent work for DC, on projects like He-Man, Earth 2 and Titans Hunt have been both rewarding and enjoyable, and now with Aquaman's Rebirth in the mix, and the Titans as a new series, it seems like the ideal time to really focus on DC work and do my best to knock each and every issue out of the park. Not that we have baseball parks in the UK. We have cricket pitches. But the point stands, anyway..."

Abnett makes his REBIRTH debut on Aquaman: Rebirth #1 (on sale June 8) and Aquaman #1 (on sale June 22) beginning an all-new story arc, blasting out of the events of the DC Universe: Rebirth #1 special, written by Geoff Johns (Justice League, Green Lantern: Rebirth, Flash: Rebirth), that went on sale May 25. As part of the REBIRTH line wide re-launch, Aquaman will ship twice monthly, and at a lower price of $2.99.

Comment

Comment

Green Arrow: Rebirth #1 Preview
                      Writer: Ben Percy
                      Artist: Otto Schmidt

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                        Green Arrow: Rebirth #1 Preview
                        Writer: Ben Percy
                        Artist: Otto Schmidt
                        Except for the Forever Evil tie-ins, I haven't read any GA in the New 52, but I'm seriously considering trying this tomorrow.

Comment

Watchmen Co-Creator Dave Gibbons

Watchmen co-creator Dave Gibbons attended the recent MCM London Comic-Con where he talked about DC and Marvel.

Last week saw DC Comics release their big Rebirth issue which tied the DC Comics universe directly into the Gibbons and Alan Moore's Watchmen universe.

Gibbons didn't seem too pleased by that.

"I wouldn't make the question too long. All I'm going to say is no comment," Gibbons said when Rebirth and Doctor Manhattan were brought up. "I have no comment."

Gibbons was then asked if he consulted on Rebirth or if DC bothered to drop him an e-mail.

"No, they didn't. And that's all I'm going to say," Gibbons said.
                          You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

What a shocker!

Comment

If they're going to outright go against Moore's wishes, what's the difference in snubbing Gibbons?

Comment

Working...
                              X