No announcement yet.

INDIANA JONES 5 BUZZ!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People bitch about the fridge thing a hell of a lot, but when i saw it in theaters that was a laugh out loud moment.

I think the vines swinging was was less beleivable than the fridge.

Comment

The refrigerator scene pisses off a lot of fans, but to them I simply point out the scen of Indy, Willie, and Short Round falling out of an airplane in an inflatable raft. Or a guy having his heart ripped out and surviving another minute or two after. Or an 800 year old man guarding a cop in a cave. The Indiana Jones series has a long history of stretching the viewer's ability to suspend disbelief.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
        The refrigerator scene pisses off a lot of fans, but to them I simply point out the scen of Indy, Willie, and Short Round falling out of an airplane in an inflatable raft. Or a guy having his heart ripped out and surviving another minute or two after. Or an 800 year old man guarding a cop in a cave. The Indiana Jones series has a long history of stretching the viewer's ability to suspend disbelief.
        Exactly.

I knew there were others from the other movies but couldn't think of them.

Comment

Raiders is the "most believable" of the four movies, and even that had ghosts coming out of a box, melting faces and electricuting people.

And I'm with Naysay on the CGI. I really thought the over the top CGI in KOTCS took away from the charm of the movie. Practical effects are the way to go. Especially since these movies have always been a nod to the quick and cheap serials from the 30s and 40s. I hope they go back to that. I expect some CGI, I just don't want to feel like I'm watching a Star Wars prequel.

Other than that I'm for a final sequel. Online reaction would have you think nobody liked the fourth film, but obviously somebody did, seeing how well it did in the theaters.

Comment

Raiders is the "most believable" of the four movies, and even that had ghosts coming out of a box, melting faces and electricuting people.

And I'm with Naysay on the CGI. I really thought the over the top CGI in KOTCS took away from the charm of the movie. Practical effects are the way to go. Especially since these movies have always been a nod to the quick and cheap serials from the 30s and 40s. I hope they go back to that. I expect some CGI, I just don't want to feel like I'm watching a Star Wars prequel.

Other than that I'm for a final sequel. Online reaction would have you think nobody liked the fourth film, but obviously somebody did, seeing how well it did in the theaters.
            I would say it was successful because of it being an Indy movie, not being "good". What killed the experience for me was the CGI, and Shia Labeouf. I just can't stand his acting. He's tainted so many properties I loved from the 80's: Transformers, Indiana Jones, and the soon to be Wall Street sequel. I just don't get the appeal.

Another aspect of the movie which I think goes overlooked in terms of why it wasn't as fun or good as the originals is that Harrison Ford is just so old now. The adventure isn't quite as crisp as it was during his younger years.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

I think ppl hate on Shia because it's thecool thing to do, Kinda like M. Bay.

I like a lot of the movies he's in.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                Movies I'd love to see:

Indiana Jones and the Garden of Eden
                Indiana Jones and the Spear of Destiny
                Indiana Jones and the Library of Alexandria

and of course...

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
                Although they could try to tie in the Fate of Atlantis with the Triangle
                "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Supernatural stuff is a different matter. It, by its very nature, has its own rules. Had Indy survived the fridge thing because he was carrying a magic amulet of some kind, that would have been a different matter (though that would have been weak, unless the powers of said amulet were a major point of the movie), but that wasn't the case. The raft thing is a good comparison (though it still seems more likely than the fridge to me) but I had so many things to dislike about that movie, that one just sort of slipped my mind.

I just don't like what seems like a tendency to make Indy a cartoonish version of himself. Even though he obviously couldn't die, would it have been too much to ask for him to at least look seriously battered? He looked worse after fighting the mechanic in Raiders than he did here. (And, of course, the vine swinging thing was stupid, too.)

I also thought the overall plot was kind of full of holes. The whole alien thing didn't make much sense to me if I thought about it for even a few seconds. Not least was, if they all "came to life" when the one skull was restored, how did they get frozen in the first place? Somebody stole the head off a living alien? Or they were all frozen for some unexplained reason, then someone stole the head, and putting it back somehow "woke" them even though they had already been frozen with all heads in place? And were they benevolent, or evil? They seemed pretty menacing when they were woken, but supposedly they were giving all kinds of advances to humanity in the past? It just made little sense. The Biblical stuff at least has the benefit of having some established mythology to draw on. Here they made up their own (based loosely on the whole "alien astronaut" thing) yet didn't actually take the time to think it through in a way that made some kind of sense...

Comment

or the ark burning a nazis face off or the lava pitt scene in temple of doom. so called die hard fans will accept that but omfg indy survives a nuke blast wile hiding in a lead fridge was unrealistic w/e its just not indy blablabla. or the aliens for christ sake its a fucking movie people. the more hate i hear for indiana jones 4 the more i love the film.
                    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                      or the ark burning a nazis face off or the lava pitt scene in temple of doom. so called die hard fans will accept that but omfg indy survives a nuke blast wile hiding in a lead fridge was unrealistic w/e its just not indy blablabla. or the aliens for christ sake its a fucking movie people. the more hate i hear for indiana jones 4 the more i love the film.
                      Dude, did you not read my post? Supernatural stuff is a different matter.

And I have no problem with aliens being in the movie. I just have problems with them making no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Chicago_GL View Post
                        Although they could try to tie in the Fate of Atlantis with the Triangle

yea but the bermuda triangle centers around florida and 2 other countries. atlantis was never near that location. they could change the story to something that involves the greek god zeus and set it in greece. i dont mind the bermuda triangle settining

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                          Dude, did you not read my post? Supernatural stuff is a different matter.

And I have no problem with aliens being in the movie. I just have problems with them making no sense.

ok the whole point of the aliens centers around 13 skulls scattered across the globe my friend. look up the crystal skull special from scifi on youtube and youll see what im talking about. legend says there will be a time where all 13 skulls will be brought together. now as far as those 13 skeletons in the indy film goes and forms into 1 being thats something lucas has to answer. what lucas did was he took an actual artifact and made a story to fit what people in the real world say about such a thing

Comment

The 13 skulls are all fake.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                              The 13 skulls are all fake.

2 out of 7 were fake actually.

+ YouTube Video
                              ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
                              TazzMission
                              Guardian of the Universe
                              Last edited by TazzMission; 06-09-2010, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                                ok the whole point of the aliens centers around 13 skulls scattered across the globe my friend. look up the crystal skull special from scifi on youtube and youll see what im talking about. legend says there will be a time where all 13 skulls will be brought together. now as far as those 13 skeletons in the indy film goes and forms into 1 being thats something lucas has to answer. what lucas did was he took an actual artifact and made a story to fit what people in the real world say about such a thing
                                But in the movie, all but one of the skulls were already in the chamber, so his story has nothing to do with a legend of skulls scattered across the world.

Comment

Working...
                                X