Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Green Lantern Corps movie actually going to happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going from holding two well-paid positions to writing what's called a spec script at no guaranteed pay is not a promotion. But Hollywood tends to portray moves like this as positive, so that the person can save face and not suffer damage to his long-term career. Besides that, if they had really wanted Geoff to write a script they were going to use, they wouldn't have put him on Green Lantern, which has been radioactive since the Ryan Reynolds movie.

I'm very interested in what Diane Nelson said though. One complaint about her was that she didn't exert any control over Johns. Her departure was also spun as positive at the time, but that doesn't seem to be true either, does it?
    Trey Strain
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 10-03-2019, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
      Harsh. But fair. I somewhat doubt that they'll announce a postponement and the new release date of 2022 next week. Although I guess that is still possible. I mean, he's been working for DCE ever since the announcement of Mad Ghost productions. He wrote Aquaman, various episodes of the Titans series and the much-delayed Wonder Woman 1984. And Shazam was written around his New52 reboot, including several characters he received massive royalty checks for.
      I guess if WW84 flops, then Mad Ghost is done. But I don't think it will.
      Most of that is in a co-writer capacity... but yes, somehow "his stuff" always invariably ends up injected into these things. Like "The Trench" out of nowhere in Aquaman.

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
      Going from holding two well-paid positions to writing what's called a spec script at no guaranteed pay is not a promotion.
      It's not even a lateral move.

Besides that, if they had really wanted Geoff to write a script they were going to use, they wouldn't have put him on Green Lantern,
      I'm OK assuming GLC was a passion project for him he was able to spin as unique suited to him, but that's all.

which has been radioactive since the Ryan Reynolds movie.
      Which is radioactive in no small part due to Geoff himself. Funny how quickly he tried to distance himself from the movie yet was posting updates everyday from the set of it expressing how proud he was of what was happening with it.

I'm very interested in what Diane Nelson said though. One complaint about her was that she didn't exert any control over Johns. Her departure was also spun as positive at the time, but that doesn't seem to be true either, does it?
      I'm sure there's a hell of a story there, Geoff and his brat pack on the wrong side of it.

Comment

I read the article and have to concur, which just bums me out. This movie just isn't going to happen. I want my apology movie!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
          I'm sure there's a hell of a story there, Geoff and his brat pack on the wrong side of it.
          They could make an Oscar bait movie about everything that happened. I talked to a DC Comics writer at a Con this year, and they told me that there is so much whistle to blow about DC. The handling of the DC Black Label mess alone is a story worth telling.

Comment

Shameful article. Geoff did more for Green Lantern than anyone else and for the first time ever made people talk about the property.

Maybe the movie wasn't the best, what of it? It wouldn't have even had the chance to exist and fail at all if Geoff had not made the property super popular.
            Tell me you hate your boyfriend and love me.

INVISIBLE SKY DADDY TO THE RESCUE!!!

You don't have to be stupid to believe in God. But it helps.

You can tell a Yorkshireman....but you can't tell him much.

Comment

Working...
            X