No announcement yet.

Everything Johns did in GL should be dumped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything has ups and downs. I love Hal Jordan and he is my Green Lantern of choice, but I would be the first to admit there are plenty of stretches of issues where GL was pretty lackluster or misguided. Happens to all characters. Especially if the comic has been out on the racks for 60 years like GL has. No comic is immune from this.

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
      I'm not addressing this to any person, but if you think Green Lantern sucked before Geoff Johns, or if you think it sucked before Kyle Rayner, then you're entitled to think so, but there's nothing I can say about it that will make any sense to you.
      I've only read 2 Green Lantern stories in the last 3 decades that I ultimately didn't like. That was Guy Gardner Reborn and the New Corps. However, even those had their moments. I haven't subjected myself to that idiotic Huckleberry Hound crossover, and I won't do so unless I get to read it for free. Those outliers aside, everything else from Emerald Twilight to the current day has either been good, great, or gold for me.
      Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

That Huckleberry Hound issue is better than you'd think.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
          That Huckleberry Hound issue is better than you'd think.
          I'll admit that I'm a tough sell when it comes to superfluous animal characters being inserted into the superpowered world. However, from the description I've read, all of the DC-HBB team-ups look, as one might expect, forced and tonally dysfunctional. I'm not anti-crossover, but when that crossover tries to blindly mesh two completely different types of fiction, that rarely turns out well.
          Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

That's what I thought before last year's Batman/Elmer Fudd. Which was sooooo gooooood. Didn't it even win an Eisner?

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
              I'm not addressing this to any person, but if you think Green Lantern sucked before Geoff Johns, or if you think it sucked before Kyle Rayner, then you're entitled to think so, but there's nothing I can say about it that will make any sense to you.
              Personally I don't think it sucked at all before I jumped on it with Geoff Johns, he got me hooked initially (I've since retreaded and read a lot of GL history), but I wouldn't mind them down playing the emotional spectrum stuff for years to come. I would rather it focus on the corps handling every day cosmic weirdness and not get caught up in one galaxy threatening storyline "epic" after another. I would love for the campy space stuff from the 1970's to return.
              http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK HAND View Post
                Personally I don't think it sucked at all before I jumped on it with Geoff Johns, he got me hooked initially (I've since retreaded and read a lot of GL history), but I wouldn't mind them down playing the emotional spectrum stuff for years to come. I would rather it focus on the corps handling every day cosmic weirdness and not get caught up in one galaxy threatening storyline "epic" after another. I would love for the campy space stuff from the 1970's to return.
                Outside of the Sinestro Corps, DC has gotten away from the ES since the end of New Guardians. We've seen sporadic appearances from key ES players like Atrocitus and Larfleeze, but I doubt that we'll see another "War of Light" type of storyline in the next decade.

Comment

I think that's a good thing for sure. I would like them to redefine the roles of Atrocious and Larfleeze as well, or just not mention them for a few years.
                  http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X