The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Video Games
FLASHCHAT

Qward

Old 06-26-2014, 01:16 AM   #1176
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

HA!! Im pretty sure I still have my pc-copy of FF7 from back then (think I ran that on my Pentium Pro -system)......

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:44 AM   #1177
Darth_Andrea
Owned by Natu

Send a message via MSN to Darth_Andrea

Rock Simulator 2014 is real, on Steam Greenlight

You've played Truck Simulator, Surgeon Simulator, Farming Simulator and even Goat Simulator. But someday soon, you'll have the opportunity to immerse yourself in an innovative and highly-detailed simulation that promises to surpass them all: Rock Simulator 2014.

More here - http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/06/25/ro...am-greenlight/

Darth_Andrea
Old 06-26-2014, 11:47 AM   #1178
Frank Castle
Alpha-Lantern

Rock Simulator.....I have no words.

Steam Sale so far I picked up Metal Gear Rising (friends convinced me this game is the shit), Finally bought Sleeping Dogs, mostly because I watched The Raid 2 the other night lol. Metal Slug 3, the best in the series imo, forgot how much fun it is, can't beat them old Neo Geo arcade games. Also got Urban Style Trails Free style which is basically just like Trials Evolution.

Would bite on RE4 HD if it pops up depending on price. Wouldn't mind grabbing Ikaruga either, but it's up against Star Wars and Dark Souls, so it's doomed to lose community vote. I'm not hating on the game Dark Souls but it goes on sale all the time, would just be a waste of voting imo.

If you're picking up BL2 DLC Tazer I recommend Tiny Tina's and Pirates Booty. Sir Hammerlock DLC is probably the worst one imo.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Last edited by Frank Castle; 06-26-2014 at 11:53 AM.
Frank Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:15 PM   #1179
Tazer

Yo.

thnx for the heads up! I'll def keep that in mind, but I think I'll back-burner the BL2 -stuff for Xmas; Im really feelin' the *urge* to dig into Payday 2 for some of that sweet co-op more immediately, but wont forget yur comment on the matter.

Tazer

Quote:
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:48 PM   #1180
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Steam is EA's online store, it'll sell anything to make a buck.

Also: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...gance-of-a-Lie
Old 06-27-2014, 05:49 AM   #1181
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Send a message via Skype™ to Marvelous Iggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
Steam is EA's online store, it'll sell anything to make a buck.

Also: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...gance-of-a-Lie
Wrong, EA has no stake in Steam or earns money from Steam. You're thinking of Origin, that's EA's online store.
Marvelous Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:45 AM   #1182
SocializingMogo
Corps Honor Guard

+Dishonored

It was very cheap and it's supposed to be good.
SocializingMogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:17 PM   #1183
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Wrong, EA has no stake in Steam or earns money from Steam. You're thinking of Origin, that's EA's online store.
Clearly you don't know just how fucking lousy the quality control Valve has over Steam is. It has taken absolutely severe amounts of criticism, levels bordering on astronomical, to get anything done about some of the horseshit on there.

It is literally true that you could cobble something together a middle school student could create, price it at twenty fucking dollars, and release it as "early access" or "beta" or whatever, and it wouldn't be stopped at the door. There are games on there so fucking broken that the in-game backgrounds offer advice on what to do if the game crashes rather than be imitations of background art as they're supposed to be, as any competent game creator would make them.

And when criticism pops up, it's mercilessly crushed. You have to organize mass voicings of issues in order to force Valve to make their service look better than dogshit.

So no, I was not "thinking of Origin." I was completely accurate in criticizing Valve's absolutely pathetic handling of their services to the point where it's just an EA crapshoot.

Valve can do no wrong? Glorious master PC race? Yeah, sure, kid.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:28 PM   #1184
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Um, I think he was taking your earlier statement at face value. You said Steam was EA's online store. His response seemed to address that apparent statement of fact. Had you said Steam was LIKE EA's online store, then the misunderstanding might not have arisen.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:40 PM   #1185
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

A fact of which I am well aware, thank you.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:43 PM   #1186
Mister Ed

Your diatribe in response seems very odd, then, since I saw nothing in his post asserting any of the stuff you were arguing against...

To be clear, I'm not defending Steam. I've had my own problems with them, even though I use the service far less (and for mainly less problematic programs) than many others likely do.

I was just trying to address what seemed like a misunderstanding.

Last edited by Mister Ed; 06-27-2014 at 08:48 PM.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:12 PM   #1187
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

I felt no need to use "like" or "the same as" in my original post. That's all there is to it. My scathing remarks on how Steam is so poorly managed that it's indistinguishable from something EA would crap out could have been taken as such just as much as me being seriously mistaken.

Iggy chose the one path, and I responded in correction and elaboration.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:16 PM   #1188
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

lol, you all slay me sometimes.

No Man's Sky. I don't think there's been a game I'm looking forward to more than this one. So much history and struggle, and you can still see the love in this dev's eye and how he talks about it. Can't wait to explore the galaxy. I love how the dev describes the game, cause it really is the sort of idea the 8 year old me would have had years ago about what video games could one day accomplish.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Last edited by JohnnyV; 06-27-2014 at 09:18 PM.
JohnnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:19 PM   #1189
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
I felt no need to use "like" or "the same as" in my original post. That's all there is to it. My scathing remarks on how Steam is so poorly managed that it's indistinguishable from something EA would crap out could have been taken as such just as much as me being seriously mistaken.

Iggy chose the one path, and I responded in correction and elaboration.
Except you responded to him as if he had been defending Steam. I don't think that was the case (though obviously only he can say). Basically it seemed like you were blasting him for defending Steam when all he was doing was correcting an apparent error of fact (that Steam is EA's online store, which it isn't).

Your metaphor would have been clearer as simile.

And if you were aware that he was misunderstanding your original statement (as you seem to be asserting, though I could be mistaken), it is baffling that you would respond by acting as if he WAS understanding your original statement, and his response was some kind of defense of Steam rather than a simple correction.

Eh, it doesn't matter. Everything is clear now, hopefully everybody can agree that Steam's customer service sucks, and I've taken a part in amusing JohnnyV, so all is well.

Last edited by Mister Ed; 06-27-2014 at 09:21 PM.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:24 PM   #1190
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Space Hulk: Deathwing trailer shows off Unreal Engine 4 visuals

Wow...
Old 06-27-2014, 09:39 PM   #1191
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

And I wasn't blasting Iggy. Seriously. I'm just really, really pissed at how resistant to quality assurance Valve is.

At this point, I'm almost glad Half-Life 3 is nothing more than a pipe dream. If it came out with Valve dropping the ball so much, it'd be exactly like Duke Nukem Forever: a game that seemed real and became a running joke only to become a laughingstock.

I don't want that to happen, we've already got too much shovelware as it is.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:54 AM   #1192
Darth_Andrea
Owned by Natu

Send a message via MSN to Darth_Andrea

I have to Agree. Valve needs some physical hands on curating of the Steam Store. Every day dozens of games get dumped on the front page as New Releases, Many of which are not new and in many cases are 5+ years old or ports of IOS/Andriod games that have been out for a year or more.

Games like War Z, Air Control, Gary's Incident and others show that Valve isn't even looking at the games their releasing into the wild. Their just slapping prices on these so called "Games" and whoring them out for as long as they can get away with it before their called on their bullshit.

In the last 60 days the Steam Stores front page as been filled with Old games getting posted as New Releases. I'm sorry but the entire Putt Putt (kids game about a talking car) series was dumped on steam over a week long period. Each game listed as a new release and because of it and other such old titles, Actual new games were pushed off the front page sometimes with in hours of being posted.

This isn't a new occurrence either. Valve has been doing this for years now. I mean it was only a year ago they added the ability to filter out DLC from the front page if you wanted. Because the amount of DLC being posted daily was pushing whole games off the front page so quickly people weren't seeing games from either Indi developers or the AAA crowd.

Valve has no group large or small to look at the content or actual age of a game that is being placed in the steam store. This is their largest failing. Especially with Steam Greenlight becoming another cesspool of not just bad games but of games that are obvious scams. Where someone has cobbled together something that semi-functions as a game gets it posted to early access through green light, gets people to pay for X number of copies then "Ends Development" for X reason then runs off with the money. Again see Air Control, A game that claims to be a Flight Sim, but uses stolen art assets, stolen sound assets, Stock Unity assets, and barely has anything approaching a UI. It's something I could slap together in 20 minutes myself. And it was selling for $30 at one point. Now the game as I said claimed to be a flight sim..but guess what... The only and I repeat ONLY flying in the game .. was a Flappy Birds clone mode in the game ... And it was selling for $30 ... And no one at steam noticed or cared because they were getting their cut.

I love and hate Steam all at the same time because of all these problems. Its a great way to get PC games new and old. But the stores structure and curation needs some serious work and some better standards put in place for Greenlight and Early Access games.

Darth_Andrea
Old 06-28-2014, 10:58 AM   #1193
SocializingMogo
Corps Honor Guard

+Injustice: Gods Among Us
Old 06-28-2014, 04:01 PM   #1194
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocializingMogo View Post
+Injustice: Gods Among Us
Terrific game

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:20 PM   #1195
SocializingMogo
Corps Honor Guard

+Far Cry 3
Old 06-29-2014, 06:21 PM   #1196
SocializingMogo
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster Beetle View Post
Terrific game
Maybe but the 18 GB download is going to take some time. I only got 7mbit internet.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:34 AM   #1197
Frank Castle
Alpha-Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
Yo.

thnx for the heads up! I'll def keep that in mind, but I think I'll back-burner the BL2 -stuff for Xmas; Im really feelin' the *urge* to dig into Payday 2 for some of that sweet co-op more immediately, but wont forget yur comment on the matter.

Tazer
Ah NP. I was curious about Payday 2 myself, I decided to pick up Payday 1, since it was selling for less than a bottle of pop, it was worth the risk I thought. Plus it had that l4d inspired map No Mercy. I have been enjoying it so I might pick up part 2 in the winter. However, I'm sensing just like my feelings towards l4d 1 and 2 (I like l4d1 more), that I might prefer Payday 1 over 2.

THE MEN CALLED STING
Frank Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:42 PM   #1198
Tazer

Yo.

I thout about P1 myself, but I remember some reviews for it saying that the controls were clunky, and I just opted for the sequel..........which is pretty kewl, but Im learning that ya really *REALLY* need to pay attention to wat that voice over the comm says.

Tazer

Quote:
Old 07-09-2014, 09:42 PM   #1199
Tazer

Yo.

http://www.ibtimes.com/ps4-vs-xbox-o...uccess-1622396

Quote:
PS4 vs. Xbox One: PS4 At 9 Million Sold, Microsoft Responds To Sony's Success

Tazer

Quote:
Old 07-09-2014, 09:57 PM   #1200
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

I think we all know Microsoft is to blame for such a massive gap. They did everything even remotely possible to alienate every potential consumer before their system even launched, after all, and it's taken them until now to kill Kinect and be reasonable with the pricing.

I still would prefer a PS4 over an Xbone, but maybe one day I'll have both.