This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Members at 81?!? WTF...

Where in the hell is everybody going? Get back in here. Reintroduce yourself! Make another account if you lost another one's password [it happens...]!

This is the site's 10 year anniversary. Place should be booming.

~//V\\~

For that matter, where are the 81? What counts as active? I don't think there are even 81 people that post at least once a week.

Comment

The forum peaked in 2011 with the movie, and has been dwindling since. All of the Geoff only and fair weather fans are long gone. Diehards are even having a hard time finding it in them to talk about GL. It will come back eventually.

Comment

Green Lantern has gone through many peaks and valleys. Comics aren't selling well in general these days and WB is treating GL like the plague when it comes to live-action. GL isn't making new fans, but I'm pretty sure that's only temporary.
        Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

TBH, the Green Lantern franchise is at least going in a better direction than in the last volume. It is back to the core and popular concepts, now it just needs the storyline to capture the imagination of the masses. This is hard to do but recently it appears that the Flash has found storylines that are holding the masses attention and drawing new readers, hopefully Green Lantern will do the same soon but right now there isn't much oxygen in the room with the combination of the Watchmen storyline and Snyder's Bat epic.

Comment

I used to have a fan forum... well, actually it is still there. It did pretty well. On good days, it would get about 650 posts a day and was the most popular forum for its subject. However, it's all pretty much dried up by now, and while I admit I could have done some things better, and made some poor decisions here and there, it wasn't my or anyone's fault on the forum. The forum is about a video game series, and the owners of that series started making REALLY bad decisions and alienated their fanbase and greatly damaged the series.

That's a bummer, because one of my main hobbies was running the forum and watching it grow. However, the upside is that it helped me to realize that if I'm going to get THAT into something, and put that much effort and care and focus into it, it would need to be my own thing and not have to depend on stuff some other people do, because in a scenario like what i had (and this forum's) your whole operation depends so much on what some completely different people who you don't know choose to do.

But where have all the people gone? Not following the Green Lantern franchise, apparently, which I can fully understand. Personally, I find what is going on in the Green Lantern books extremely uninteresting.
            ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

I've noticed the board's been declining for a number of years. There just seems to be less to talk about. Less going on in the world of GL, I've got more going on in my life, and Ion doesn't publish as much about his love affairs with hookers anymore.
              Originally posted by IonFan
              (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
              Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
              If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
              Originally posted by Quaker
              I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

All the topics that I like to discuss are no longer active, so that's why my activity has declined. Very few people talk toys and nobody talks comic conventions anymore. The SDCC threads used to be hot and popular on these boards, but now it's like conventions don't even exist anymore.

Where are the mods? I can't remember the last time I saw Kuhan post anything. He got a girlfriend and disappeared. Maybe he hooked up with Ion's woman and she stole his kidney and left him bleeding in a tub of ice. What happened to Jim? Do West and Andrew even post anymore?

As far as general activity, if there's ever another movie OR if GL makes an appearance in the upcoming Justice League movie, perhaps things will pick up again. The books are very weak and barely worth reading and there's nothing in animation. Hell, GL doesn't even make appearances in the Justice League Action animated shorts! They had an episode with Red Lanterns with NO GL!!! That shows you how far GL has fallen off.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
                  ... and nobody talks comic conventions anymore. The SDCC threads used to be hot and popular on these boards, but now it's like conventions don't even exist anymore...
                  I remember for a couple years in a row I was at G-Fest during SDCC and there was so much posted here I couldn't keep up with it in the time I could get on my iPad. I usually pop in a few times a day and often there's nothing new at all (let alone anything I'll comment on). But I try to do my part.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
                    Where are the mods? I can't remember the last time I saw Kuhan post anything. He got a girlfriend and disappeared. Maybe he hooked up with Ion's woman and she stole his kidney and left him bleeding in a tub of ice. What happened to Jim? Do West and Andrew even post anymore?
                    Wherever these people are, chances are they're somewhere on the internet. Just not here. In my experience, people may get busier, or other things may come into their lives, but they rarely up and leave the internet. It's such a regular aspect of so many people's day to day lives now.

They're just apparently not in this particular spot on the internet, likely because GL isn't holding their interests.
                    ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

There will come a time when the GL books are hot again, and people will want to talk about what's going on in them.

To speak to Sylent's point about chatting about conventions, I stopped going to comic shows for the most part, going to one small local one a year. Just nothing at those shows I want or need. Lately I've been trying to go to more horror related shows. Getting to meet actors from horror films I grew up loving has been fun.

And the money I used to spend buying comics and new toys has been going to scratch different nerd itches. I have been selling off large chunks of the glut of merch in my attic and comic room, up to and including even some of the GL toys I have no interest in now. I cut my comics collection down from 40 something longboxes to 27. And I'm getting my toys down to the point where my displays will be truly the stuff I want to keep. I've respent that money on older, cooler vintage toys. I completed my vintage Star Wars collection, then did the entire Mego Planet Of The Apes line, and am now wrapping up Raiders Of The Lost Ark and Temple of Doom. So my love for being a nerdy fanboy hasn't gone away; I can't be cured. It has just been redirected.

Getting rid of a lot of my toys, even some GL stuff, has been almost therapeutic. Like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. A lot of those purchases were impulse buys, or me trying to have EVERYTHING GL related, with no thought to if it was cool or if I really wanted it. My GL comics aren't going anywhere, but I want my GL wall to be full of only stuff that I care about. The rest is going. All of the figures based on the emotional spectrum for example? They were the FIRST to go. Black Lantern Superman of Earth 2 with a Flash costume and a blue lantern sticking out of his ass? Who the f*ck needs THAT garbage?

When the GL books get better (and they will) I'll come back, and my collection will be leaner and meaner. And I will only add things to it I truly think are cool and want. Odds are, that will be when the movie is ramping up. And traffic here will be returning.

Comment

It's all Andrew's fault. If he let me do what I wanted to do, then you would never leave this site.

Comment

I generally come here for all my comics news now that comicvine has been neutered [barely any articles the last two months, 90% are about Archie stuff], but now Hypo and West quit posting as much...

~//V\\~

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                            ...I have been selling off large chunks of the glut of merch in my attic and comic room, up to and including even some of the GL toys I have no interest in now. I cut my comics collection down from 40 something longboxes to 27...
                            How did you sell the comics? I have at least a box worth I could sell, but it seems a waste to do individually and none of the shops and distributors offer anything for 90s comics.

Comment

I still pop in to check on y'all once in awhile, but (retired and on a limited income) I've dropped new purchases and drifted off into the world of fanfic. My own writing's better than the stuff they're trying to peddle. Still have the 25 short boxes that matter. Purged the New 52. Nothing since. Hoping for a movie worth seeing, and Wonder Woman ain't it. Enjoying Flash, Arrow, and Legends on the CW--guess that's my weekly comic book "fix" for now.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

Working...
                              X