Kyle Rayner - Retro Action DC Super Hero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
    I'm gonna be on the look out for the figure. I admit it looks a little silly.
    It's a Mattycollector.com exclusive. You won't find it in any store.

Comment

Originally posted by EmeraldGamer View Post
      Is there a pic of this figure?

Here you go!

All My Links JustaLottaTanya.com - My Superhero Site

Comment

Originally posted by lanternjv37 View Post
        hurray tanya! lol review soon please!
        I did a small video, now will finish it today. Hopefully have it posted today as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TanyaTate View Post
          Here you go!

Very nice!! Thanx!

Comment

Just so you all know. There are two variations of the Retro Action Kyle. The first has the open right hand with a painted on ring as shown in the picture. The second has a closed fist right hand with a molded ring like the other figures from the Retro line.

Comment

Doing a straw poll of other forums, it appears that about 1/4 of the Kyle Retro figures out there have the open hand with the painted ring.

Comment

Got the closed hand version - looks better to me so I won't try and get the open hand version.

Comment

The first one I ordered was the open hand version. I took a chance and ordered a second one thinking I could trade someone if I got another open hand version, but I lucked out and got the fist version on the second order. I admit, it looks much better than the open hand version, but it's kind of cool that I was able to get both.

Comment

I wonder what the issue was....or why the change. Maybe they ran out of the closed hand version? That's why they went to the open hand/painted ring?

Comment

GL painted rings on open hands are a travesty. That was my major gripe with the First Flight Hal figure. Also the first DCDirect Hal.

The Sky is Waiting....

Comment

Tanya - My understanding from what I've been able to piece together is that Kyle was delayed due to the open hand in the beginning. They had to stop production until they got the fist hand.

My assumption from there is akin to the Beatles' infamous "Butcher Cover," in that that rather than go to the expense of correcting the initial production error, they just painted rings on the open hands and produced the rest with the fist/molded ring hands. There is one variation out there I've seen a photo of that has the open hand and NO RING at all, painted or molded.

Comment

I think you're right. The promo picture I have from when he was first announced has him with an open hand.

Comment

All four of the Mattycollector exclusive Green Lantern Retro figures will be going on sale December 15. They had a Cyber Week sale on their previous exclusive (Green Arrow) and he went super cheap. I have a feeling the GL will be going at a discount too. As a reminder, there is Yellow Sinestro, Guy Gardner, John Stewart and Kyle Rayner.

Comment

Working...
                            X