Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

according to this article, nerds have "taken over" Pop Culture (in movies anyways)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• according to this article, nerds have "taken over" Pop Culture (in movies anyways)

Yo.

I don't really buy it, buy I figured Id share this w/U poozers and get yur reaction: https://gen.medium.com/the-decade-co...s-f219b732a660

The Decade Comic Book Nerds Became Our Cultural Overlords

Why do they have to be such sore winners?

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
    Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Avengers Endgame pulled in 2.7 billion at the box office... I buy it.
    Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

I dunno. They've sorta taken over movies. But boxing, MMA, football and other macho, non-nerdish entertainments are still doing well.

Comment

Yeah, but Fantasy sport leagues are just another form of nerdiness.

Comment

Yo.

...which, if I'm to be honest, Ive never known any nerd to play (even if its based on mostly stats.)

Tazer

Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

My oldest brother has played fantasy football for the better part of two decades, and is gigantic nerd, primarily a fan of Star Trek, but also Star Wars, Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, Spider-Man and even parts of the Arrowverse. My closest brother in age and I also used to play, he because of the stats involved (as he was a math major, now a Professor) and me mostly just because my brothers were playing, but still.

So now you know one, and of two more.

Comment

Yo.

awesome, and that with $0.25 I can get me a small bag of chips (which I am NOT sharing, cuz that's too small a serving for 4 guys.....)

Tazer

Comment

Working...
              X