No announcement yet.

Green Lantern/Flash Movie Coming Xmas 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL! Too bad John Candy isn't around anymore. He could have played G'Nort.

Comment

I think it's very doubtful that DC cinematic universe will cross over with DC TV universe because of continuity and collaboration issues.

I said this before and I'll say it again, I don't think John Stewart would be the right choice because his personality is stoic like Batman and this Man of Steel. The Green Lantern that is a member of the Justice League has to provide a diversity in personality. I'd be happy with Guy, but I would prefer Hal since the schedule slated a "Green Lantern and Flash" team up movie, and I see Hal as the best team up with Barry.
      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Well, given how inconsistent John Stewart's portrayal has been over the years, I see no reason to be confident that a movie version would be the same as any of the comic versions, but I see your point.

Comment

Yeah, plus since this will be the first time ever we get a live action Justice League film, I would like the Green Lantern to be Hal Jordan. It would most likely bother me if Hal wasn't a founding member of the cinematic Justice League. Also, it wouldn't bother me if Ryan Reynolds reprise the role.
          Darth_Primus
          Guardian of the Universe
          Last edited by Darth_Primus; 06-18-2014, 08:14 PM.
          You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
            Then maybe we could get this:

Well it'd make a better TV show spin-off than Agents of SHEILD.
            Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
            I think it's very doubtful that DC cinematic universe will cross over with DC TV universe because of continuity and collaboration issues.

I said this before and I'll say it again, I don't think John Stewart would be the right choice because his personality is stoic like Batman and this Man of Steel. The Green Lantern that is a member of the Justice League has to provide a diversity in personality. I'd be happy with Guy, but I would prefer Hal since the schedule slated a "Green Lantern and Flash" team up movie, and I see Hal as the best team up with Barry.
            TBH, I think they'll either do John or Hal, but with the Hal they'd incorporate elements from other GLs such as the youth of Kyle and the humour of Guy. The thing to remember with John is that he'd add ethnic diversity to the team and with people trying to be "PC" these days, they're bound to choose that option.
            Originally posted by IonFan
            (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
            Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
            If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
            Originally posted by Quaker
            I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

If they are already including Cyborg, I doubt they would go with John JUST for diversity. But they might still do it for other reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by SocializingMogo View Post
                Why is it so hard for americans to get the difference between there, their and they're? Are public schools in the US really that bad?
                The short answer is "yes." And Americans is almost always capitalized.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

See, that's the mindset only because of the JL/JLU cartoon. John doesn't have to be a stoic, "by the book" character, however, I do agree with the dynamic between Hal and Barry. With all the team-ups they've had over the years, they would play off each other great IF the script is well-written... and I would NOT want to see Guy as a founding member of anything.

Comment

Jason Momoa on Jimmy Kimmel Live trying not to talk about Aquaman.

+ YouTube Video
                    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I think Momoa would make a badass Aquaman. I could picture him better as Aquaman than Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman.

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                      That makes sense.

I'd still have no problem with bringing back Ryan Reynolds as Hal. Just give him a better script!
                      I agree. I liked Reynolds, Lively, and Strong in the Green Lantern movie.

http://www.green-bloggers-site.com

Comment

Lively was horrible. Her performance was flatter than the Netherlands.

Comment

Jason Momoa on Jimmy Kimmel Live trying not to talk about Aquaman.
                          That was the first time I've heard him outside of a film. He seems pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by greenblogger View Post
                            I agree. I liked Reynolds, Lively, and Strong in the Green Lantern movie.
                            They could recast Hal or not recast him for the new movies. I'd be fine either way, but if they DO replace Reynolds it should be a step up, not down. For all intents and purposes though, the movie would work with Reynolds showing up. Heck, give him a new costume to show time has passed and he's been a GL for a while. His comedy would probably work better in a team movie than a solo hero movie anyway.

Comment

The main problem is the costume anyway.
                              Originally posted by IonFan
                              (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                              Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                              If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                              Originally posted by Quaker
                              I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

It would be so cool to focus on John or Guy or (best of all) Kyle for the whole movie, without mentioning Hal once.
                                Let Kyle or whoever they end up with join the Justice League, let them fight Darkseid of whatever, and then, after the credits, Ryan Reynolds appears, in full Parallax armor, saying "It shouldn't be this way... I'll have to change it all..."

Comment

Working...
                                X