Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uh oh... are they going to kill off Kyle again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh oh... are they going to kill off Kyle again?

Possibly:

https://www.comixology.com/DC-Nation...l-comic/710701

"ONE OF THESE CHARACTERS WILL DIE!" in 21 days.

The only one in that lineup that I could see DC and TPTB wanted to get rid of is Kyle.

Damnit Andrew... I was having a decent day till I saw this LOL

Of the group, it's obvious who's not gonna die. Booster and Harley star in Heroes in Crisis. Cyborg is in two JL books. Unless they pull a fast one on us and he dies in space and is reborn in a new body [which would make redrawing some stuff a reason for entire issues to get scrapped].

So there's whichever Robin that is, likely Tim, Kyle, and Arsenal.

Of the three it's obvious who has a fanbase and who doesn't. Arsenal could die to try and give the GA book a shot of life cause it would surely rock Ollie. Right now there's also two nearly identical Robins, one of which has been re-costumed and retrofitted into a shell of his original interpretation like three times now since the New52. Then there's Kyle... who's finally looking like one of the boys with his more classic badge, back to his most iconic suit, etc. I just don't see him dying serving the rest of the books. Where Arsenal dying would rock Green Arrow and potentially Red Hood, Tim dying would rock the Bat-family, Kyle's death would likely only be referenced in one or two books. And with no GLC title in sight, if it was a throwaway death in Heroes in Crisis... I'll be pissed.

Ωmega Man
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by Ωmega Man; 09-19-2018, 11:35 PM.

Comment

please if they do kill him off he'll be back before next year, we fans are hip to the games DC and Marvel likes to play every year now and it doesn't bother us anymore

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
        please if they do kill him off he'll be back before next year
        Will they? There won't be any platform for him since Morrison turned his back on him.

Comment

Actually, there is one, regressing the character 24 years in the process:

Comment

Hey look at that! A new place to hang his hat! Maybe even rekindle an old romance?

Comment

That I wouldn't mind. He always fit best with Donna.

Comment

Last time they put Kyle in Titans, I bought all the issues...and felt like I could easily have skipped them. I'm not biting this time, unless I hear from trusted sources that it is really good...then I might pick up a TPB (especially if, like last time, his tenure is so short it might all fit in one collection).

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                  Actually, there is one, regressing the character 24 years
                  And this time it isn't even Geoff Johns pulling the strings. Fuck.

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                  Hey look at that! A new place to hang his hat! Maybe even rekindle an old romance?
                  As long as they aren't pretending like they've never met each other (ala, Guy and Ice in the last JLI) I'd give it a go.

Comment

If the team was more like the one before the No Justice thing I'd be more interested. However Donna is still there so that's a plus.

Calling it now: Kyle will somehow be effected by the energy from the Source Wall in this series!

Comment

Maybe Kyle and Donna won't remember each other at first, but eventually will as part of a story. It's right there for the writers to do.

Comment

As long as Kyle is alive I’m happy

Comment

Yeah, there is that. But downgrading him to a Titans team of Donna, Beast Boy, Raven and nobody cares still hurts somehow.

Comment

Better that than White Lantern 2.0. DC only has two choices with Kyle. Everyman Kyle who has relationships with the DCU cast. Or Godmode Kyle.

Comment

I think Kyle should've been in some form of cosmic Justice League. I mean if they're gonna put spins on Marvel archetypes especially... why not put their own spin on GotG? Hal's DCYou Renegade era could've been that, but ample page time was wasted on Virgo and Trapper.

I'd try it with something spinning out of another R/T War. Kyle, Hawkwoman, Comet, Blackfire, and IDK... Glomulus?

Comment

Working...
                              X