Movies and TV

Old 01-31-2020, 09:41 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB
Default "Fast & Furious 9" (F9)

The trailer:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Huh. So Han is alive, just like that. Never died and it was a cover-up.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:02 PM   #2
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

man, Id *just* came here to post that.....

as for the trailer: yea Han being alive is a trip & its good to see Mia is back too, but I'll be honest that them making "The Chin" (Cena) their brother is.....eyeroll-worthy. Imma still see it tho.

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:20 PM   #3
Space Cop
The Dandy

^Long lost brother; beloved character isn't really dead? It's like a soap opera.

But I'll still be there. I'm of two minds on the Han thing--it's cheap (especially since we saw the death from two sides), but he's my favorite character, so it's also kind of cool. It lightens Shaw's character, but only if we're all willing to forget that he just randomly killed hospital workers too (which seems to be how the franchise wants us to think).

Kind of looking forward to a Cena/Diesel fight.
Old 01-31-2020, 10:34 PM   #4
Tazer

Yo.

yea, I wanna see them fight too, since I'm trying to figure out how Dom can hold a candle in a fight to *anybody* to can survive getting hit by a flipped car the way it looks like Cena does....

Tazer

Quote:
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Old 02-02-2020, 11:15 AM   #5
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

There really isn't any way they can explain Han without getting into super convoluted territory. And you just know it's to just exonerate Shaw.
Old 02-02-2020, 11:42 AM   #6
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
There really isn't any way they can explain Han without getting into super convoluted territory. And you just know it's to just exonerate Shaw.
Yep. But even that is a retcon. They want to pretend Han was his only kill, but he killed a bunch of people in his brotherís hospital including leaving a live grenade with an unarmed receptionist.
Old 02-02-2020, 04:57 PM   #7
Parrylakks
Comte de la Fere

It is possible that Han survived without Shaw even knowing. Yeah he was in a terrible crash, and his gas ignited making explodey time, but people have been pulled from similar scenarios and survived. Chock it up to him being saved and spending the last few movies comatose in a hospital without ID, so no one was able to be notified. He wakes up having healed from his burns and likely skin graphs, goes through rehabilitation to regain his muscle mass and control, then heads out to regain his life.
Old 02-03-2020, 05:07 AM   #8
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
They want to pretend Han was his only kill, but he killed a bunch of people in his brotherís hospital including leaving a live grenade with an unarmed receptionist.
Yeah, that's pretty problematic. That can't really be the same guy, or it to remotely make sense they'd invite him to Dom's family dinners.

I suspect there is going to be an ongoing thing with redemptions. Like Charlize Theron going good next. Neither 7 or 8 were satisfying in that way. 2, 4, 5 and 6, there's a bad guy or bad guys and at the end, they're dead or presumed dead. Now there's a whole lot of "just kidding, not dead!" or "now they're redeemed!" stuff.
Old 02-03-2020, 06:28 PM   #9
Tazer

Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrylakks View Post
It is possible that Han survived without Shaw even knowing. Yeah he was in a terrible crash, and his gas ignited making explodey time, but people have been pulled from similar scenarios and survived. Chock it up to him being saved and spending the last few movies comatose in a hospital without ID, so no one was able to be notified. He wakes up having healed from his burns and likely skin graphs, goes through rehabilitation to regain his muscle mass and control, then heads out to regain his life.
I don't doubt that *that* (or something similar) is wat will be used to explain this event, so the following is likely to be MRW I sit thru that part in-theater:

Tazer

Quote: